Tri Teams Challenge Match

Results, photos of recent events, plan future events, let people know where you'll be competing.

Moderator: Mod

Geoffrey Grenfell

Tri Teams Challenge Match

#1 Postby Geoffrey Grenfell » Wed May 09, 2007 9:47 pm

Hello shooters,
As Captain of the Victorian State Full-Bore Rifle Team I have arranged another Tri Teams Challenge Match between the three shooting categories; Full-Bore Rifle State Team, F-Class Standard and F-Class Open.

To help administer this I have seconded Barry Davies F-Standard and Paul McCarthy F-Class Open as the other opposing team captains, who will be responsible to collate their teams and co-ordinate information to interested or participating members for the Tri-match.

The event will be on Sunday the 8th of July at the Wellsford Rifle Range Bendigo.
Shooting will be staged of 300, 600, 900, and 1000yds.
All teams will shoot on standard Full-Bore targets and scored on the Full-Bore system; example 50.10
Each team will be allocated two targets and responsible to supply their own markers, each team to consist of ten shooters to count for an aggregate score.
Lunch and refreshments will be made available in the Frank Morgan Pavilion.

To formalize the event I will be presenting plarks to the highest scorer in each category.

This shoot last year was very successful for all who were involved I regard it as a great challenge for my Full-Bore Team to compete in as a training drill and most of all having fun doing it! And that’s what it is all about FUN.

Geoff Grenfell.

AlanF

#2 Postby AlanF » Wed May 09, 2007 10:22 pm

Geoff,

Sounds good - I just hope F-Open can get 10 shooters. I'm assuming it will be a coached shoot?

Alan

Geoffrey Grenfell

#3 Postby Geoffrey Grenfell » Wed May 09, 2007 10:33 pm

Yes Alan, Normaly team shooting is coached, how-ever the captain may wish not to have a coach with some of the shooters in F-Class.

Geoff.

#4 Postby Guest » Thu May 10, 2007 7:48 am

Well done Geoff, just what all shooting disciplines need ---- an injection of competition to get everybody together.
A suggestion I will make is that FO shoot on the FO target and the final results be determined using Alan Fraser's " Mixed Category Score Index"
What say you Geoff and Paul?
Paul, check your PM.
Barry

AlanF

#5 Postby AlanF » Thu May 10, 2007 7:49 am

Geoff,

Some of us are hoping to be part of coached team to Bisley in 2009, so now is a good time to give it bash I think. It might be a good wake-up call for us to learn how much is involved.

Alan

AlanF

#6 Postby AlanF » Thu May 10, 2007 8:14 am

Barry,

Actually in this case I personally would prefer we use what Geoff suggested i.e. full-bore scoring with count-out Vs, because that is what ICFRA will use for the FCWC.

Alan

#7 Postby Guest » Thu May 10, 2007 9:15 am

Alan,
Does'nt worry me one way or the other.
Barry

#8 Postby Guest » Thu May 10, 2007 9:12 pm

I Have my two coaches, Namely Adam Davies and Tom Lowndes. I require 11 shooters, so need some nominations. Who is interested?
If I don't get sufficient nominations I will then send out invitations.
Barry

Geoffrey Grenfell

#9 Postby Geoffrey Grenfell » Thu May 10, 2007 9:25 pm

Thats great to see Barry I think Adam will contribute well in a coaching roll.
I think Paul Mac has just about got his team finalized.

Geoff.

Chopper

#10 Postby Chopper » Fri May 11, 2007 1:09 pm

Barry two shooters from here would like to shoot in youre team ,S MALLOY, N HACKETT.

Return to “Events”