BENDIGO TWO DAY PM

Results, photos of recent events, plan future events, let people know where you'll be competing.

Moderator: Mod

Geoffrey Grenfell

BENDIGO TWO DAY PM

#1 Postby Geoffrey Grenfell » Sat May 12, 2007 10:33 pm

Shooters,
Their will be a Two Day Prize Shoot Queens birthday weekend 9th and 10th of June at Bendigo Wellsford Rifle Range.
Full Camping available on range, showers ect.
Plenty of hot food available on range and refreshments.

Lawton Barrels in conjunction with G.A.S. will be supplying a Barrel of your choice as a lucky door prize; to be eligable for the draw you must have a paid entry for both days.

Saturday 300, 500, 600 Yards
Sunday 700, 900, 1000 yards

3 badges for F- Class Open
3 Badges F-Standard A
3 Badge F-Standard B
5 Badges F/Bore A
3 Badges F/Bore B
1 Badge F/Bore C

Lots of great prizes to be won.

Regards Geoff Grenfell
Last edited by Geoffrey Grenfell on Sun May 13, 2007 7:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

#2 Postby Guest » Sun May 13, 2007 8:30 am

Hi Geoff,
The entries at most of the bigger Prize Meetings are attracting FS numbers to warrant more badges
Make the badge list in FSA and FSB three each and I will donate the extra 3 badges.
Barry

Geoffrey Grenfell

Badges

#3 Postby Geoffrey Grenfell » Sun May 13, 2007 8:41 am

Thats Ok by me Barry
If you could give Frank Connor a Ring and get it justified as he is organizing the badges.
One question how many f-standard do you think the PM might attract in each grade? We like to keep badge ratio to top 10 %

Geoff.

AlanF

#4 Postby AlanF » Sun May 13, 2007 5:24 pm

Barry,

I should point out the number of F-Open badges is by special request as part of the agreement with all host clubs for the F-Open series, so our badge numbers are not based on the expectation of getting 30 entries!

Alan

#5 Postby Guest » Sun May 13, 2007 6:40 pm

Alan,
11 badges not counting FO, that's 110 entries + FO based on 10% --I dont think so.
Badges are what attract entries, no question about that, just ask around.
Badges dont cost much.
I am aware of FO request but that has nought to do with my request for extra badges, particularly in FSB---It's all to do with attracting more shooters, and the offer is not going to cost the organizers anything.
It's all a bit of a guess, even for FB, but one thing is for sure, skimp on the trophies and badges and next year you may have a surplus of same.
Barry.

AlanF

#6 Postby AlanF » Sun May 13, 2007 8:13 pm

Yes, I agree that badges to 10% of entries seems low for a prize meeting. I know that we work on 30% at Rosedale. At a big Queens, perhaps 10% is the norm, where they have to be careful not to devalue them.

Alan

#7 Postby Guest » Tue May 15, 2007 5:55 pm

To All,
Note that the Bendigo/Mildura PM organizers have changed the badge list in FSA and FSB to 3 each. Well done to them, all we need now is for FS shooters to appreciate this and come and support Bendigo/Mildura.
It will be a great weekend, and don't forget you can now camp on the range.
Barry

John E

#8 Postby John E » Mon May 21, 2007 2:31 pm

I can't make it ---- I just remembered that our 40th wedding anniversary is that weekend, and I'm told that I have other plans -- and I always do as the cook tells me. :wink: :wink: :wink:
John

AlanF

#9 Postby AlanF » Mon May 21, 2007 5:59 pm

John,

As Bill Astill would say, "Weakie!!!" :D :D :D

Alan

Lynn Otto

#10 Postby Lynn Otto » Mon May 21, 2007 6:36 pm

LOL Alan,

Perhaps this is why John can proudly say he has been married for 40yrs and actually has something to celebrate. :D :wink:

Lynn

PS Congratulations John & Kay

John E

#11 Postby John E » Tue May 22, 2007 11:54 am

Thank you, Lynn, your good wishes are appreciated.

Alan, with all of Bill's worldly experience in these matters, I'm sure that he would say "good boy" --- just to make sure, and seeing as the Sunday is THE day, I might go to Bendigo just for the Saturday :) :)
Anyway, I was home for the 1st Anniversay and I'll be home for the next --- 2 out of 40 spent at home isn't too bad, I can't complain. For the other 38, I usually have tacked an extra week onto the long weekend and spent the time with my fishing rod and my other girl, the 338 Sako and prior to that, the 300BAR, around the Wonnongatta River.
I have taken Kay up there a couple of times, seeing as it's our Anniversary, but you know what it's like --- when it's hot, the snakes are out, and when it's cold and raining, it's a bit miserable sitting under a tarp trying to keep a campfire going. I do have pictorial evidence of all this.
These days she just says " no thanks darling, you take some of your mates with you." What can I do? I always do as I'm told.
I might see you at Bendigo on the Saturday.
John

AlanF

#12 Postby AlanF » Sat Jun 09, 2007 6:26 pm

Great weather, conditions were a little tough early, but improved as the ranges got longer. 10 F-Open and a few more F-Std shooters turned up. Stats weren't available, but I collected a few F-Open scores.

Paul McCarthy won the daily agg with his 6 Dasher on 289, 2nd Shane Quaintmere 6 x 47 288 and third Paul Read 6 x 47 with a 287. We used a converted fullbore target which was a little tougher than our normal Open targets.

I did see John Eland win the shoot-off for F-Std A daily agg against Adam Davies, not sure about scores.

The Vic F-Open series concludes tomorrow. After today Paul McC and myself are leading, but either of Shane Q or Bill Siegloff could get up if they do best at the longs tomorrow.

Will give you another report tomorrow night.

Alan

AlanF

#13 Postby AlanF » Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:35 pm

Hello again from Bendigo. Great weather again, conditions generally pretty easy.

F-Open winner was Paul Read, me second and Paul McCarthy 3rd. F-Std A Adam Davies won from Jenny Davies and Tom Lowndes. F-Std B was won by Keith Lucas from Frank Metzke and Leigh Metzke.

A notable shoot was F-Std B shooter Noel Hackett's 59 in his first try at 1000yds. And F-Open shooter Cheryle Dolman came away with the door prize draw Lawton barrel.

A very enjoyable weekend, and something to look forward to on the annual calendar.

Alan

John E

#14 Postby John E » Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:55 am

I was interested to see the new F Open targets. When did they become approved in SSRs?
John

AlanF

#15 Postby AlanF » Tue Jun 12, 2007 1:54 pm

John,

I'm glad to see someone else noticed. I did some complaining because a specific condition of having a leg of the Vic F-Open series there was they provide F-Open targets. For those who didn't notice, F-Open shot on modified full-bore targets, some of which were very miserly dimensions. The 300 and 500 were considerably less than generous than the current open targets, with the 10 rings being exactly half of the equivalent full-bore target centre bulls. As the ranges got longer, things got a little better. But I'm glad the conditions were "mild" - otherwise scores would have been very ordinary. I understand there's a move in Vic (by a small minority I hope) to use that sort of target to avoid the cost of the new NRAA ones. In my opinion, standardisation of targets is important, particularly for Queens, but also for OPMs. Otherwise the comparison of scores becomes fairly meaningless.

I didn't see where your score ended up John, nor a lot of others. I hope they get their scoreboard display sorted out for next year. We do ours by computer too, but always do it on a manual scoreboard as well, in case of technical hitches. Ironically, a board is probably better than a computer printout, because you can take a single digital photo very easily and quickly.

Alan

Return to “Events”