2019 National Teams Match WA Queens

Results, photos of recent events, plan future events, let people know where you'll be competing.

Moderator: Mod

GSells

Re: 2019 National Teams Match WA Queens

#46 Postby GSells » Tue Sep 24, 2019 6:14 pm

Some more photos :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

williada

#47 Postby williada » Tue Sep 24, 2019 6:42 pm

:D :D Woo Hoo Vics.

RAVEN

#48 Postby RAVEN » Tue Sep 24, 2019 6:58 pm

=D> Congrats to VICs FO Team =D>
Conrats to WA FS Team =D>
Conrats to QLD FTR team =D>
back to the drawing board for the rest would say [-o<

bartman007

#49 Postby bartman007 » Wed Sep 25, 2019 12:34 am

This has been one of the toughest events as far as conditions go, so it ranks up there with Lower Light!

Congratulations to all those that made the long trip west, and well done Albert for steering the F Open team to a win on your first outing.

Thanks to Simon for keeping an eye on the conditions, as it made my job easier.

Great event and great to catch up with that friendly bunch from Cairns.

=D>
###

GSells

#50 Postby GSells » Wed Sep 25, 2019 9:41 am

Well , time to screw out the 280 ai and screw in the 7/08 ai and get ready for the Dukes leadup on Friday ! It’s going to be another cracker !!

williada

#51 Postby williada » Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:22 am

Good luck GMan, love to see more pics of the FO guys in action and some boards. Keeps us keyboard warriors up to the mark. Good to see positions on the mound and pictures of flags that are dead or alive in different sections so new shooters can analyse the pros and cons of setup in training sessions later. Its all about preparation and observing the cycles of conditions once the basic techniques are mastered. Gear failure is the least of worries. Have fun. :)

GSells

#52 Postby GSells » Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:59 am

williada wrote:Good luck GMan, love to see more pics of the FO guys in action and some boards. Keeps us keyboard warriors up to the mark. Good to see positions on the mound and pictures of flags that are dead or alive in different sections so new shooters can analyse the pros and cons of setup in training sessions later. Its all about preparation and observing the cycles of conditions once the basic techniques are mastered. Gear failure is the least of worries. Have fun. :)

Hi David , thanks heaps for the good wishes . Yes I will try and get some pictures, especially of the mirage. Pinjar could use a few more flags; I think that was what happened yesterday, is the wind was fishtailing in between the flags and not showing itself . The vegetation was showing a bit of it but not the whole story . For a coach it was tough . We even dropped a 2 yesterday #-o . By miracles of miracles! Somehow we salvaged a respectable 3 rd by 6 x’s !!! At the last range 700 I’m pretty sure and our captain was of the same opinion, that we were last . As the first 2 shooters got down; Frog and Dave . I yelled out “ Common Queensland , it ain’t over till the last shot is fired , we got this !”
We had a brilliant run and just finished 3 rd [-o< I don’t know if it’s legal or not !! But I was praying!
Stuff like that when u think your down and out and salvage something out of nothing can feel almost as good as a win !! Very thankful! :lol:

bartman007

More Photo's - Nightforce spotting scope with Wide Angle Lens

#53 Postby bartman007 » Fri Sep 27, 2019 4:04 pm

The flags changed direction so quickly, and the mirage did too. The other key thing to look out for was the change in Mirage around 100m in front of the targets, as it would travel in the opposite direction to that at the stop butt.

A well planned range, that is tricky whether the wind is sideways or in your face.

The Nightforce scope did the trick, with its ability to show mirage across the large FoV. For anyone looking to get into Coaching, you should invest in a quality scope because until you do you don't really know what you are missing!

Flags-1.jpg

Flags-2.jpg

Flags-3.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
###

bartman007

Some of the spoils of competition

#54 Postby bartman007 » Fri Sep 27, 2019 4:53 pm

This is what we are competing for:

Day 1
900 meters (aka 1000 yard match)
5 shooters shooting 20 shots to count = 100 shots down range

Victoria has won it 4 times now!
1000Yard-Trophy.jpg

Day 2
800m, 900m, 700m in that order for F Open
5 shooters shooting 15 shots to count at each range
LongRangeAgg-Trophy.jpg

It takes quite a bit to be a Captain, as shown here with Albert assisting Colin to tie his tie :-)
CaptainsDuty.jpg

My precious:
MyPrecious.jpg
###

williada

#55 Postby williada » Fri Sep 27, 2019 5:07 pm

Albert is concentrating hard if you look at his tongue. :shock: :roll: :P :lol: Great pics Michael. Smile your on candid camera.

GSells

#56 Postby GSells » Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:53 pm

Ok , no pics sorry . But just a tough day at the office for some and other handled the conditions well .
It started out on the right and again there were patches that could net the good shooters a possible. Then if one got caught out going back to unstable conditions, then one could expect some pain !

Then the conditions started to come left to right at 800 m ‘s , which were variable with patches of a good condition to make points .

Yes I’m struggling a bit it’s no tougher that other ranges that I have shot on . I’m just not picking it while other are . Poor wind reading for me simple as that .
I’m enjoying myself and that’s what counts!

I’m sorry fo no pics . I m just exhausted trying to get a handle of it all .
:lol:

GSells

#57 Postby GSells » Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:14 am

This morning fog etc .

GSells

#58 Postby GSells » Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:16 pm

Pinjar is a tough range . I’ll say the flags don’t read true and there are just patches of just plain ugly pain ! When we started the Queens this afternoon it was 500 m which was sort of stable and some good scores were posted . Along with some horrors !

600 m’s for me was a real white knuckle ride . I had zero wind on and had flags pointing at each other!! There were 4 ‘s droped everywhere and I think even a few 3 ‘s !! Crazy ! Anyone that got up with a 55 or so , was doing very well ! Then there was a patches that started out beautiful then changed and tried to destroy you !! Welcome to Pinjar !!

Tomorrow double 700 m ( 800 yds ) to start off ! I’ll get more pictures if time permits!
Also well done to Jacinta and Mia ! Mia is shooting a .223 and Jacinta a Saum !

Barossa_222

#59 Postby Barossa_222 » Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:43 pm

GSells wrote:Ok , no pics sorry . But just a tough day at the office for some and other handled the conditions well .
It started out on the right and again there were patches that could net the good shooters a possible. Then if one got caught out going back to unstable conditions, then one could expect some pain !

Then the conditions started to come left to right at 800 m ‘s , which were variable with patches of a good condition to make points .

Yes I’m struggling a bit it’s no tougher that other ranges that I have shot on . I’m just not picking it while other are . Poor wind reading for me simple as that .

Thought you had it under control mate? It's no tougher than any other range you've shot? #newhouseofpain

GSells

#60 Postby GSells » Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:52 pm

Barossa_222 wrote:
GSells wrote:Ok , no pics sorry . But just a tough day at the office for some and other handled the conditions well .

Thought you had it under control mate? It's no tougher than any other range you've shot? #newhouseofpain

OH HOW WRONG I WAS !! #-o

Return to “Events”