2019 National Teams Match WA Queens

Results, photos of recent events, plan future events, let people know where you'll be competing.

Moderator: Mod

GSells

2019 National Teams Match WA Queens

#1 Postby GSells » Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:33 pm

Is it too early to start the playful banter ?
A very funny incident, well it was all on me lol! But I had the Nsw Captain and a few WA teams members at the recent Nationals, convince me that because of some fictional tech difficulties. The match was to be moved to some Northern Territory Island . Which as one WA shooter said was a good thing as we could all go Barra fishing !! :shock: I know I can be very Blonde and gullible lol!

There are
Going to be some very strong teams in attendance with I’m rumoured that the “ Wind Stig “ will be in attendance for the Roaches !! And WA , SA , Vic and NQ with strong teams .

Now is my time to start the Banter “ Qld the Best state !” :mrgreen:
Last edited by GSells on Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tim N

Re: 2019 National Teams Match WA

#2 Postby Tim N » Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:08 pm

GSells wrote:Is it too early to start the playful banter ?
A very funny incident, well it was all on me lol! But I had the Nsw Captain and a few WA teams members at the recent Nationals, convince me that because of some fictional tech difficulties. The match was to be moved to some Northern Territory Island . Which as one WA shooter said was a good thing as we could all go Barra fishing !! :shock: I know I can be very Blonde and gullible lol!

There are
Going to be some very strong teams in attendance with I’m rumoured that the “ Wind Stig “ will be in attendance for the Roaches !! And WA , SA , Vic and NQ with strong teams .

This statement is backed up by how many wins? :D
We don't rise to the level of our expectations, we fall to the level of our training. Archilochos 680-645 BC

GSells

#3 Postby GSells » Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:17 pm

Tim N wrote:
GSells wrote:Is it too early to start the playful banter ?

There are

This statement is backed up by how many wins? :D

OUCH ! Haha! Touché!

GSells

#4 Postby GSells » Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:09 pm

With the state of Origin we tonight , just wanna say “ Queenslander !!” Umm seriously I don’t think we will win tonight! But live in hopes as the Baby Broncs won on the weekend!

KHGS

#5 Postby KHGS » Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:58 pm

GSells wrote:With the state of Origin we tonight , just wanna say “ Queenslander !!” Umm seriously I don’t think we will win tonight! But live in hopes as the Baby Broncs won on the weekend!

You need to be careful about "leading with your chin"!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Keith H.

GSells

#6 Postby GSells » Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:36 pm

KHGS wrote:
GSells wrote:With the state of Origin we tonight , just wanna say “ Queenslander !!” Umm seriously I don’t think we will win tonight! But live in hopes as the Baby Broncs won on the weekend!

You need to be careful about "leading with your chin"!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Keith H.

Well Keith ! That was depressing! :shock:

Tim N

#7 Postby Tim N » Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:31 am

One mans loss is another mans win 8)
Go NSW
We don't rise to the level of our expectations, we fall to the level of our training. Archilochos 680-645 BC

GSells

#8 Postby GSells » Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:59 am

Tim N wrote:One mans loss is another mans win 8)
Go NSW

That’s 2 years in a row Tim ! The shame of it all ! #-o

KHGS

#9 Postby KHGS » Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:44 am

GSells wrote:
Tim N wrote:One mans loss is another mans win 8)
Go NSW

That’s 2 years in a row Tim ! The shame of it all ! #-o

So.......the "coach whisperer" didn't work??? Too much overthinking perhaps??
Keith H.

GSells

Re: 2019 National Teams Match WA Queens

#10 Postby GSells » Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:02 pm

Hi can any of the WA Cohorts, know if there is a flyer of the teams and Queens event ? Or could someone post a program of some sort with the dates please?
Regards G Man !!

tom1

#11 Postby tom1 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:01 pm

There is a flyer for the Duke and Queens events on the WARA website. No breakdown for the F Class Nationals at this stage . Hope this helps.
Brad Probert

Barossa_222

#12 Postby Barossa_222 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:28 pm

If it follows a similar format to the previous ones it will be four ranges, 700, 800, and 900 x 2. Probably 15 shot matches.

GSells

#13 Postby GSells » Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:10 pm

https://wara.asn.au/?event-category=all-event
Thanks Guys, not much to go on the team's side . But that's ok as I already have that. It's more the lead up and the Queens as I'm sure everyone is head down and tail up getting ready .

It's interesting as f class start at 8:00 @ 500 m and tr same time but at 300 m. I believe Pinjar is a single point range .
7/08 ai will be in company. I just bores scooped it , and yeah it's defiantly middle age now but she still shoots ! Everyone has a favourite cal be it dasher or 6.5 lap ?
I'm doing some load testing this week on the lil 7 mm at 900 yds to see if she is still up to another Queens lead up .

What's Pinjar like ? Flat with not much terain? Plenty of trees and gullies ? And I'm not listening to Mr Bunyan after getting me a beauty about the venue being changed up the the NT near Barramundi fishing lol!

willow

#14 Postby willow » Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:28 pm

Hey Graham, Pinjar is tough. If there was one thing I hated about living in WA, it was the wind. You rarely get calm days, it's generally always blowing and can switch around quite a bit. You tend to get a breeze coming in off the Nullabor in the morning before it gives way to the Fremantle Dr later in the day. The range itself is flat with tress lining up on either side. The range backs onto a military zone and has one single firing point - it's concrete for a couple of hundred metres with gravel in front for front rests to be dug into (nowhere near as cushy as Belmont). Facing downrange you have three firing mounds - on the far right 300/400 metres...in the middle is 500 out to 700 metres and on the far left 800/900 (capability to go to 1000 down the track I believe). Facilities are good with a huge carpark catering for a couple of hundred cars +, club house facilities include full commercial grade kitchen plus bar, there's room to clean your rifles and WARA store is based there as well. I've attached a couple of photos of the range - and if the wind is blowing right to left like the photo and you're on the middle mound...good luck.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

GSells

#15 Postby GSells » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:04 pm

willow wrote:Hey Graham, Pinjar is tough. If there was one thing I hated about living in WA, it was the wind. You rarely get calm days, it's generally always blowing and can switch around quite a bit. You tend to get a breeze coming in off the Nullabor in the morning before it gives way to the Fremantle Dr later in the day. The range itself is flat with tress lining up on either side. The range backs onto a military zone and has one single firing point - it's concrete for a couple of hundred metres with gravel in front for front rests to be dug into (nowhere near as cushy as Belmont). Facing downrange you have three firing mounds - on the far right 300/400 metres...in the middle is 500 out to 700 metres and on the far left 800/900 (capability to go to 1000 down the track I believe). Facilities are good with a huge carpark catering for a couple of hundred cars +, club house facilities include full commercial grade kitchen plus bar, there's room to clean your rifles and WARA store is based there as well. I've attached a couple of photos of the range - and if the wind is blowing right to left like the photo and you're on the middle mound...good luck.

Wow Thanks for that , that is one solid report ! At least it doesn’t have the mountains like Belmont. It should read true . Very much Like my home range of Dalby!

Question? Is there any stupid vertical on this range ?

I’m starting get excited and lots of hard work ahead of me in the shed and testing! This is where family sacrifices are at ! Lots of hours behind the gun and in the shed !

Again thank you Sir for that report ! =D>

Return to “Events”