VRA champion of champions

Results, photos of recent events, plan future events, let people know where you'll be competing.

Moderator: Mod

Trevor Rhodes

VRA champion of champions

#1 Postby Trevor Rhodes » Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:59 pm

Entries close for champion of champions this Thursday at the COB (3 days time). So if your a club champion get on the VRA web page fill out the form before then or you will miss out on a chance of becoming state champion. Any questions email me on trevor@vra.asn.au

Barry Davies

Re: VRA champion of champions

#2 Postby Barry Davies » Sun Sep 08, 2019 6:26 pm

The new format Champ. of Champs was fired at Wellsford ( Bendigo ) today.
Old format was DRA champs only. New format is any CLUB champ.
Today saw a 50% increase in competitors over the average for the last 10 years or so.
45 competitors covering all disciplines as well as juniors took part.
Despite cries of " not traditional " and " it will never work " when the VRA decided to give it a go, the competition was highly successful.
Competitors fired in details per discipline to an overall time limit per SSR's
The following shooter was down ready to go --change over took less that 10 minutes.
Started at 9 am and finished 4 ranges with 4 details per range by by just after 2 pm.
The whole run like clockwork --Marking was superb, organization brilliant.
Those of you Vic's who did not attend,-- for whatever reason,--well, you missed out.
May next year be even better.

Well done VRA.
Barry

bolster55

#3 Postby bolster55 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:00 pm

To single out a person may not be the done thing, but I think Peter H did an excellent job, especially regarding the incoming weather.
Phil

saum2

#4 Postby saum2 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:57 pm

Yes I second that Phil, an excellent day's shooting by a very well organised and informed RO and VRA. It was the best I've attended so far. Good fast shooting to beat the weather.

bsouthernau

#5 Postby bsouthernau » Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:04 pm

bolster55 wrote:To single out a person may not be the done thing, but I think Peter H did an excellent job, especially regarding the incoming weather.
Phil

Agree wholeheartedly. From my marker's perspective the key factor was having the next detail down and ready as soon as the previous one had finished. I'll also say that the shooters were pretty slick moving back. The TR people must have shot, moved back and got ready because we didn't wait long at all once the fresh targets were in.

Good cooperative concentrated effort by all.

Barry

Return to “Events”