QRA Queen’s

Results, photos of recent events, plan future events, let people know where you'll be competing.

Moderator: Mod

Tim N

QRA Queen’s

#1 Postby Tim N » Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:37 am

Has this started yet?
Any news
We don't rise to the level of our expectations, we fall to the level of our training. Archilochos 680-645 BC

DenisA

Re: QRA Queen’s

#2 Postby DenisA » Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:14 am

GSells

#3 Postby GSells » Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:47 pm

Congratulations to the “ Legend “ Erine Mace ! For winning the Qld Lead up f open ! I can only say highly things of Ernie and I am so happy to see himself back at his best ! He will be hard to beat !
Also Andy Mac FSA and Daryl Barlow ftr ! My first EEEVVVVEEERRR QLD Queens ! Yes I know it only took me 8 years! Win , loose last or draw , im very much looking forward to it !

lonerider43

#4 Postby lonerider43 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:07 pm

its also good to see a young bloke doing so well against all the "oldies" in TR
congrats Adam Beale.[4th grand agg, TR B grade] this kid aint old enough for a car licence.
bloody good showing and some decent scores on all the ranges.
Australian's Against "Gun-A-Phobia"

phillh

#5 Postby phillh » Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:37 am

Also congrats to Adam's Mum, Janet who won F Std B! She has only been shooting comps for less than a year. Her score would of got 3rd in F Std A!

GSells

#6 Postby GSells » Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:08 pm

Wow what a day today there was easy 8-10 moa for a .308 in some of those gust today . It was a case of who Bled the least . For once I was a supporter of no delay on ET’s :mrgreen:
Good luck all tomorrow as per usual the last day will sort out the winners and place getters !
Also the 280 ai of Keith and mine seem to be doing well ! But tomorrow is the ton ! :shock:
Sorry Kieth 280 HI 30-06 variant.

williada

#7 Postby williada » Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:16 pm

Gman, that was the best 58.9 I have seen on Hexta yesterday. That 7th shot???? Different neck tension?? Seems many have a story to tell. I watch with interest as you guys battle at the championship distance in FO. Anyone's for the taking. Just add that conditions down south are cold and wet. Watching live is great on Hexta. It even gives sound effects.

lonerider43

#8 Postby lonerider43 » Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:05 pm

not this weekend but next is the Gemfields OPM,if your a fan of challenging,come out here and get one handed to you.;)
great event,great prizes.
if you DO think you can handle it and arent just a fairweather shooter ,the Barcaldine OPM is the weekend after and you can stay at our range until your ready to head out there.
many do,
Australian's Against "Gun-A-Phobia"

GSells

#9 Postby GSells » Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:26 am

E8A4EF91-3AFB-491C-B4AB-07A2B660BA64.png
williada wrote:Gman, that was the best 58.9 I have seen on Hexta yesterday. That 7th shot???? Different neck tension?? Seems many have a story to tell. I watch with interest as you guys battle at the championship distance in FO. Anyone's for the taking. Just add that conditions down south are cold and wet. Watching live is great on Hexta. It even gives sound effects.

Sensai , no the 280 ai slow load was just absolutely hammering ! After I sent my scope away and being time poor I lined up the witness marks on my scope and can’t bubble and the can’t was out by a fair way. I knew that and shot it that way through the Nats . Before coming out to Qld Queens I threw a level on the scope and it was out . And I thought well I’ll leave it like that and change after the Queensland. Better the Devil u know I guess.
Then setting up on the mound I leveled it true and not with the error and had an extra 1.25 moa left .
I knew I was in trouble with the first sighter but put the wind on zero which was a moa and shot through a nice condition.well then it died ! My computer in between my ears had a melt down seeing zero on the windage and also seeing no wind . Eg I didn’t think ! I click 1/2 right to take of the wind or error and bang a 4 and a few bad words ! Which will take a bit of repenting this Sunday! #-o
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

GSells

#10 Postby GSells » Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:26 pm

Well that was just like trentham!!

Congratulations Dennis Mac , Andy Mac , Frans Knox and other badge winners . Thanks QRA for such an enjoyable event . Belmont is such a tough range when she is Cranky and even though I got the stuffing knocked out of me , I loved every minute of it ! I encourage everyone to come along to this well run event . God Willing I’ll be back next year ! :D

Tim N

#11 Postby Tim N » Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:00 pm

Well that looked like a tough shoot
3 Xs between 1st and 2nd
3 points between 1st and 7th
Hope everyone enjoyed themselves
We don't rise to the level of our expectations, we fall to the level of our training. Archilochos 680-645 BC

macguru

#12 Postby macguru » Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:46 pm

FB: Well done Janet & Christina !!!! and all winners in other categories ....
id quod est

GSells

#13 Postby GSells » Sat Aug 10, 2019 10:32 pm

Well I guess I’m doing a “ Berry Report “ ! calibers used in the top six for F open .
1st Saum
2nd .284 w
3 rd Saum ( pretty sure !) Tony ?
4 th .280 ai
5 th .284 w
6 th .284 w

Top x count tied 3 ways
280 ai ,.284 w and Saum .44 x ‘s each .

williada

#14 Postby williada » Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:03 pm

This was an exciting event to follow right to the photo finish in FO where my curiosity lies. With a bit of luck any of the leaders could have had their nose in front at the finish so it takes nothing away from the performance of the top group whose gear was performing well. To me looking on, there seems to be little performance difference in the chamberings of the leaders because when conditions permitted x counts were high. Competitors have tuned well given they are choked by velocity restrictions at Belmont. It does say all of these chamberings are efficient and 7mm is king. Of course I have a little bias toward the SAUM when it is unleashed from restrictions and so I think it is the most flexible of the chamberings cited. The edge lies now on who can read conditions best or who can make the most of a good patch. Congratulations to all placegetters and commiserations to those who struck a rotten patch.

Peter Hulett

#15 Postby Peter Hulett » Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:14 pm

This QRA Queens was the first Queens for the new CRO Jeff Day. Jeff has been RO for a while but it is a big step to take on a Queens. I hope all participants appreciated his work and his willingness to take on the job so that you can have the shoot.

Return to “Events”