Canberra Queens 2019

Results, photos of recent events, plan future events, let people know where you'll be competing.

Moderator: Mod

AlanF

Re: Canberra Queens 2019

#31 Postby AlanF » Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:52 pm

Another great ACT Queens by all accounts. I believe one of the reasons this event is so popular is that particularly when conditions are tough (which they often are) lady luck can do strange things and range wins are shared around more than most other events. But at the end of the 3 days, you know that the winners had to shoot extremely well. Congrats to all. Particularly strong performances by Matt in F-Open (dropped less points than TR A Grade), and Darren in F/TR (clear winner in a strong field), and great to see Warwick Sides take out F-Std B - a good reward for many years of effort. =D> =D> =D>

Once again thank you Tim - your reports from the coalface are much appreciated.

Steve N

#32 Postby Steve N » Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:57 pm

Yes thanks for the reports Tim. And congrats to the winners especially Matt for another awesome shoot.

DSilver

#33 Postby DSilver » Tue Nov 19, 2019 12:38 pm

This was my first shoot away from home (Anzac Range). Was forewarned to expect a flogging and day 2 definitely gave me that. Especially at 800, just when I thought I had it right, I copped another slap in the face :lol: . That being said I really enjoyed the shoot and company meeting many new people who were all to happy to have a yarn. Shared the mound with some great shooters that gave me some great advice, special thanks to Dave Pearsall who was helping me trying to read the Mirage and conditions. Look forward to do it all again next year. Hopefully I can get down to Bendigo a next year.
Thanks to Canberra and Bungendore rifle clubs for their hospitality

Return to “Events”