Stawell 2 day Prize Meeting

Results, photos of recent events, plan future events, let people know where you'll be competing.

Moderator: Mod

#1 Postby Guest » Sat Apr 26, 2008 9:03 am

Stawell RC are running a 2 dayer on 17 and 18 May 2008.
Date has been changed from June in an endeavour to get good weather and hopefully better entries.
The 3 divisions of F Class are on with equality of prizes in all, namely Badge, Sash and trophy for winner, Badge +$30 for 2nd and Badge for third, AND C grade TR has been limited to one badge , sash and trophy in accordance with the numbers supporting ( Chopper take note )
So, all you F Classers both Standard and open, this is as good as it gets, Lets see some appreciation and support Stawell in even larger numbers.
3,5,6,7 on Sat 8 and 9 on Sun followed by 10 shots at 1000 for $ 500 split up between grades.
PLenty of other trophies as well.
Plenty of camping with hot showers and excellent clubhouse facilities.

As Alan Said " Lets support a club that supports us by turning up in decent numbers"

Alan, if you want a flyer contact Ken Hall at sthglengowan@bigpond.com
Barry

ned kelly

#2 Postby ned kelly » Sat Apr 26, 2008 11:14 am

G'Day barry,
FWIW the 2 day Victorian BR titles are being held at Portland that weekend, so Stawell might not get too many entries from down that way.........

and the Queens birthday weekend has the SA BR titles where a few Portland shooters go to as well.......

If you (or anyone else) needs the BR match dates to help co-ordinate any FB/F class shoots etc go to

http://www.benchrestbulletin.com.au/

and click on match schedule to see the entire SR BR calander for Australia. Nearly all of these events have been running on these weekends for many, many years so as a shooter, you can be sure of when to arrange time off work etc.

Hope this helps. :)

Cheerio Ned

#3 Postby Guest » Sat Apr 26, 2008 12:18 pm

Thanks for that info Geoff, but apart from yourself I don't know of anyone else who engages in both disciplines that might be affected by both being on the same weekend.
Barry

ned kelly

#4 Postby ned kelly » Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:58 pm

G'Day Barry,
from Portland, there's Daniel Bennet, Roger Teal, Frank Selini, Steve & Helen Davis, Terry Green and others I cannot recall off hand...........

They have all shot at either Stawell or Horsham opm's. Frank was at the last Castlemaine opm in November as well. I seem to recall that there was a very big contingent at the Horsham event a few years ago. maybe someone else can elaborate?

Cheerio Ned

#5 Postby Guest » Sun Apr 27, 2008 8:18 am

The last I heard was that the Portland shooters had had enough of "making up " FO numbers. Has there been a change of mind?
Barry

ned kelly

#6 Postby ned kelly » Sun Apr 27, 2008 8:38 pm

G'Day Barry,
I cannot say as it was last November that I saw them and we didn't really discuss it. Too busy shooting and having fun!
Cheerio Ned

AlanF

#7 Postby AlanF » Sun May 11, 2008 2:44 pm

I have grave fears about F-Open numbers at this shoot. Is anyone intending to go, or do you know of someone who says they'll be there?

Alan

VickiMcc

#8 Postby VickiMcc » Sun May 11, 2008 3:57 pm

Paul and Vicki will be there

AlanF

#9 Postby AlanF » Mon May 12, 2008 10:20 pm

Click here for Stawell dodger.

agro

#10 Postby agro » Tue May 13, 2008 8:00 pm

Sorry guys,
I won't be able to compete for a while, building another rifle up.

Wayne

AlanF

Re: Stawell 2 day Prize Meeting

#11 Postby AlanF » Tue May 13, 2008 8:27 pm

Welcome back Wayne. Your ex-rifle had its first outing as a 6BR on Saturday. It doesn't seem to like me but a couiple of the others had good shoots with it.

Alan

Return to “Events”