F-Open Blog from Bendigo

Results, photos of recent events, plan future events, let people know where you'll be competing.

Moderator: Mod

AlanF

#16 Postby AlanF » Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:22 pm

Matt Paroz asked some questions on F-Open targets, scoring and squadding. I have opened a new thread HERE.

bartman007

Vic Queens 2010

#17 Postby bartman007 » Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:45 pm

Great to be back in amongst it all. I think it was 10 years since my last Queens. So long ago.

Great to see that F Class has such a great following. The numbers in A and B grades was great, and our own Open class had a good turnout of quality shooters!

First thing, MANY MANY thanks to Rod Dolman for loaning me his rifle to shoot 300 yards.

Question: how many RACV blokes does it take to open a Holden SV6?
Answer: 3.

The first two are there to make the 3rd bloke look good. 2hours for the first 2, 2 minutes for the 3rd :-)

For those looking at F Class, my 6mm scores at the longs may give some guidance into what works well at the longs, and what struggles. Why is it that 6.5 and 7mm etc are used at the longs.......obviously because they cope better :-( A lesson learnt this year.

Still it was a great event. Run well. Weather great. Away from work. Great crowd. Great atmosphere.

Can't beat a day out at the range......or three :-)

Paul Janzso

VIC QUEENS

#18 Postby Paul Janzso » Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:40 am

Greetings all.
It has taken me a while to catch up and sort my replies.

Well the Vic Queens was no walk in the park for me as I have only shot on that range back in 2006 at a OPM.

Matt, I use 210gn Berger VLD's, pushed along at 2870fps. With a rifle weight of 9.970kg the rifle reduces the recoil to a mild nudge. So much so I was weight checked during the shoot, as other competitors thought I was running a much heavier rifle.

R Davies, point taken, I will be retiring my 300WSM untill the Canberra Teams and Queens, untill then I will be using a smaller cal rifle for Club and OPM's, a 7MM RSAUM. I hope your shoulder feels better. Other than that I will be experimenting with a 30 Boo Boo for the longs.

Cheers
Paul
Time's a wasted wot's not spent shooti'n BARNARD 300WSM's

10FPAT

#19 Postby 10FPAT » Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:28 am

Great effort PJ,
Catch you in a couple of weeks!

Return to “Events”