NSW QUEENS

Results, photos of recent events, plan future events, let people know where you'll be competing.

Moderator: Mod

Matt P

NSW QUEENS

#1 Postby Matt P » Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:11 pm

Hi All
The NSW Queens has been run and won. Rob Eager 1st, Ben Ferrara 2nd and Greg Warrian 3rd, numbers where poor thru all grades, calibers where a mix of 6, 6.5 and 7mm's.
Congrates to the winners.

Matt P

Ben F

#2 Postby Ben F » Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:33 pm

Congatulations also to our Standard Brothers & Sisters.

FA

Jeff Eppleston
John Peters
Anthony Pedersen

FB

Ben Talman
Anthony Fassilis
Heather Smith

DannyS

#3 Postby DannyS » Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:00 pm

Sorry, missed it was even on.

Maybe, we needed a bit of a lead up and some updates. :oops:

RAVEN

#4 Postby RAVEN » Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:56 pm

Thanx for the update Matt
Cheers
RB

macguru

#5 Postby macguru » Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:02 pm

The McIntosh had a fairly small roll out, on the wednesday and the thursday. There were 12 F A shooters, and about 20 overall in F class. There were only 3 shooting F Open so they all won a badge... for every range :).

On Thursday afternoon I started in a southerly gale with 10 min wind on at 800m and was blown clean off the target. It took 15 min of wind to hit the x ring :shock:

Andrew

GM

#6 Postby GM » Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:13 pm

Really pleased to see Rob Eager get a win at the queens.
Great bloke who does heaps at the club grass roots level.
Congrats Rob you have worked hard to get those rifles on song.
cheers :D
don't let the bastards grind you down

Tman

#7 Postby Tman » Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:08 pm

Hi All, I had a great time, 2nd place F-Class B-Grade for the Macintosh, the 2nd day aggregate for the Mac, the winner of the Mac being Alan Forbes of Concord Club.

A possible with 60-6 in the 2nd 300m on the 1st day of the Queens, taking a gold medallion, the second day aggregate for the Queens and 1st Place for the Queens and 2nd place in the Grand Aggregate.

Ben

DannyS

#8 Postby DannyS » Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:41 pm

Just visited the NSW website re the Queens, great write up all about the top target rifle shooters.

Maybe,if they want more f class shooters, then they need to encourage them.

In the meantime congrats to those f shooters that attended.

AlanF

#9 Postby AlanF » Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:24 pm

Yes, terrific to see Rob get his first Queens win. He's always competitive, is a top wind reader, and was long overdue for this. Where has Jeff Eppleston been hiding?? Great effort. And Ben Talman! Well done too! I think its time for A Grade.

Sorry we didn't get a blog going from someone. It snuck up on me this year.

Alan

John S

NSW F Class Std Grading Update

#10 Postby John S » Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:39 am

Post 2012 NSW Queens F Class Std grading update is now available on the NSW F Class website.

http://www.nswfclass.com.au/nsw_f_class_002.htm

Cheers

John S

GC

#11 Postby GC » Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:34 pm

Hi Danny S Re F Class results maybe if the F Class shooters got of their butts and contributed copy it would be published. The copy that was provided was provided by an interested Fullbore shooter as were the photographs that were submitted. A classic case of apathy is to browse through the program to find very little sponsorship of F class. You guys cannot have it both ways you have to help yourselves promote the sport. Before you get on your high horse and complain I do shoot F Class on occasion and more than my share for the sport I love.
Graham Crowe NSWRA Webmaster

Tman

#12 Postby Tman » Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:01 am

I will post some pictures on my flickr site that I took after shooting the final 800m on Sunday, that being the only real opportunity to do so during the five days of the Mac and the Queens. I have pictures from January as well taken after the final 800m. They are available at http://www.flickr.com/photos/ben_talman ... 111604189/

In future if I am competing I will endeavour to make notes on the day as to the proceedings, if possible. Hey, if I am there it is not overly difficult to jot something down, IE numbers of competitors, wind & conditions and scores etc

On another note, there was a meeting for F-Class on the Saturday, not well advertised I will admit, but announced all the same and only 4 people actually turned up, of which I was one of them.

We have to get ourselves better organised if we wish the NSWRA to seriously take real notice of us, to me F-Class is the future of this sport and it is growing all the time.

A final note, Mr Crowe's work on the NSWRA website is to be commended, Well done! and he is free to use any of my pictures if he chooses, that may further F-Class or shooting in general.

Ben Talman

DannyS

#13 Postby DannyS » Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:01 am

G'day Graham, thanks for your reply and comments. My post was not meant in criticism of you, it was made after I quickly visited the site to find out about the Queens and all I got was Target rifle.

Your comments are valid, if us F'ers are to promote our sport then we need to get the info out there.

Pleased to hear you dabble on the dark side :evil:

Cheers
Danny

GC

#14 Postby GC » Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:48 pm

Thanks guys F Class needs all the help we can muster and not just in NSW. It is a good disciple and fits in well with the needs of many shooters young and old. I am always open to ideas and happy to publish anything on the website that others may find interesting. In my role as NSW councillor I am happy to put any ideas forward that are of a constructive nature to help F Class to flourish but you need to remember support must come from within your own ranks in the form of promotional copy and trophy donors. We all would love to just turn up and shoot but some individuals work hard behind the scenes to make sure that happens. In some cases that mean they dont get the chance to shoot. In this years NSW Queens two top A grade Fullbore competitors did just that to make sure the ofice ran smoothly while those filling in as range officers also gave up their chances to shoot in F Class and the other grades. PS drop the Mr I feel bloody old enough as it is.

Return to “Events”