Glenrowan 2 Day

Results, photos of recent events, plan future events, let people know where you'll be competing.

Moderator: Mod

Lynn Otto

Glenrowan 2 Day

#1 Postby Lynn Otto » Mon Apr 17, 2006 12:26 pm

Having returned from Glenrowan safely I would like to take the opportunity to congratulate the organisers on an excellent event and to thank all the competitors and others for making us so welcome. Having travelled so far, it was a pleasure to encounter so many very friendly people, definitely worth the trip, thankyou everyone and we will be back, hopefully with a few more shooters. :D

With thanks
Lynn

VickiMcc

#2 Postby VickiMcc » Mon Apr 17, 2006 1:03 pm

Hi Lynn
Perhaps u can tell us who won

Paul

Lynn Otto

#3 Postby Lynn Otto » Mon Apr 17, 2006 2:12 pm

Hi Paul

Since I have a habit of writing everything down ( due to failing memory), I can do that, results as follows:

Saturday 15th:

300yd
A Grade Std
T Lownes 60, B Parow 60, M Otto 59

B Grade Std
M Wilson 59, D Bailey 57, S Ryan 57

500yd
A
M Groves 60, L Otto 58, J Oddy 58

B
D Bailey 60, B Houston 58, M Wilson 57

600yd
A
J Oddy 59, T Lownes 58, J Eland 58

B
D Bailey 56, R Asquith, F Metzke and L Metzke all 55 (didn't record order of countback)

Sunday 16th:

300 mt
A
L Otto 60, H Davies 60, A Davies, J Oddy & J Eland all 59 (didn't record order of countback)

B
K Eland 60, S Ryan 58, J Kane 57

500 mt
A
L Otto 60, A Davies & M Groves 59 (didn't record order of countback)

B
B Houston 60, D Bailey & L Metzke 59 (didn't record order of countback)

600 mt
A
H Davies 60, A Davies 60, M Otto 59

B
D Bailey, L Metzke & R Asquith all 57 (didn't record order of countback)

A shootoff was required for the Sunday agg with Helen and Adam both on 178, which was won by Helen at approx the 8th shot (Jenny was unsure which of her offspring she should be barracking for :) ), but Adam ultimately took the 2 day agg, so wasn't too disappointed.

There were 23 F Std competitors in total, 12 in A Grade and 11 in B Grade. While I'm told the conditions were a little tricky for Glenrowan on the Saturday and I managed to fall in a very large hole at the last range on Sunday, there were some very good results posted over the weekend, including 11 possibles. It was a great weekend with many camping on the range, and a great B-B-Q tea on Sat night, I would definitely recommend it to put on your calendar for next year. Hopefully if we can convince some of the Vic F Open shooters to come along, combined with the SA Open people who would like to attend, we can make it an even better event next year, after all, "the more the merrier".

Lynn

AlanF

#4 Postby AlanF » Mon Apr 17, 2006 5:00 pm

Hmmm... who needs F-Open when you get scores like that! And well done to Bruce Houston - I believe that's his first possible =D>. And its great to see Helen going so well so soon =D> - some TR shooters believe its a piece of cake for a top A-grader to go to F-Class, but there are a few things to learn with scope and rest shooting. And last but not least Lynn, that's a great effort on the part of you and the other SA shooters (just the Ottos was it?) to make the considerable effort to get across to Vic =D> .

Regarding F-Open participation, I don't think there's any great need for us to attend this meeting - its obviously a great success without us. What small numbers we have in Vic are in the south of the state, so I think we should look at meetings at places nearer Melbourne to make "compulsory" e.g. Geelong, which deserves much more support than it gets, and is situated more or less at the "centre of gravity" of current and potential future F-Open shooters.

Alan

Tony Q

#5 Postby Tony Q » Mon Apr 17, 2006 5:14 pm

Well done Lynn

Sounds like it was a great weekend .. next time i'll make sure work does not get in the way.
MBRC F-Class standard ... and proud of it!

VickiMcc

#6 Postby VickiMcc » Mon Apr 17, 2006 5:19 pm

Thanks for the scores Lynn

Paul

Return to “Events”