Possible Register

Results, photos of recent events, plan future events, let people know where you'll be competing.

Moderator: Mod

Possible Register

#1 Postby Guest » Tue Jun 28, 2005 8:49 pm

ed
Last edited by Guest on Sun Oct 30, 2005 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AlanF

#2 Postby AlanF » Wed Jun 29, 2005 3:17 pm

Matt,

As an established member of those who haven't shot a possible (yet :mrgreen: ), I would go along with it. I think it should include all shoots run strictly according to the SSRs. This would give an added incentive to excel during saturday club shoots. I also think it would be a good way of getting equipment details without having to hound people, if people were required to include these details along with the submission, before it would be entered in the register.

So the details required might be:

Name, Club, Range, Date, Distance, X Diameter, Calibre, Case brand, Projectile, Powder brand-grade, Action brand-model, Barrel brand-length-twist-age (rounds), Scope brand-model-reticule, Rings brand-model, Stock brand-composition-bedding type.

It would be interesting to know how many are shot nationally - I would imagine it would be just 2 or 3 each month?

Alan

Tony Q

#3 Postby Tony Q » Wed Jun 29, 2005 3:38 pm

This would be a true 100/100 it take it? .. not including any handicap scoes added.

I would like to sugest also that untill championship targets are used for F Std. that maybe a 60/60 could also be run.

With the restrictions of ammo I dont belive that 60/60 is all that common,
and we are very keen to see what everyone is using.

It would also have been a good idea when joining this site that the user put down what they shoot ... STD or OPEN.

Even though we currently shoot std targets its not our fault, and it should not be up to individual clubs to choose. Lets change the Queens first then the clubs.

Please dont over look us std chaps, we are just as important :(
MBRC F-Class standard ... and proud of it!

bjld

Championship only

#4 Postby bjld » Wed Jun 29, 2005 3:47 pm

I think it's a good idea, but only for scores shot on a championship target.

Putting 60/60 scores up shows tacit support for the WRONG TARGET! We need to stop that practice altogether.

And it might show MBRC shooters up with their lack of results... LOL!

Regards
Ben

RAVEN

#5 Postby RAVEN » Wed Jun 29, 2005 4:02 pm

Great Idea :idea:

Tony Q

#6 Postby Tony Q » Wed Jun 29, 2005 4:06 pm

Ben, MBRC will not shoot on championship targets untill the Queens get a grip on their own rules.

They have stated that when the queens use them they will use them for F-standard. F-open is now using championship targets.

In someways i agree with the club, you should train on what is shot in OPM's and Queens shoots. From the clubs perspective its up to the ruling body in each state to correct the Queens targets first.

So, why shoud i as a F-Standard shooter be penalised from this register?

Do i get a hint that this forum is bias to either Open Class or Championship targets? and untill everyone conforms then F-Standard is unimportant.

I would dearly like to get an idea just how many Standard shooters and Open shooters are out there.

Tony Q

#7 Postby Tony Q » Wed Jun 29, 2005 4:10 pm

Ben i think MBRC holds its own.

4 range prizes in the last queens against a pool of 17 state and interstate shooters and our record in OPM's is one we are proud of.

Not bad concidering we are only 18 months old.

AlanF

#8 Postby AlanF » Wed Jun 29, 2005 4:12 pm

Tony,

If by 100/100 you mean at both ranges of a 2 range shoot, it probably has happened, but I've never heard of it. I think with just single range possibles, it is rare enough.

However with F-Std single range possibles of 60 are more common, and probably too numerous for such a register. If you were to have 60/60 performances, then I guess it could be ruled as consecutive ranges on the same day, because many shoots have more than 2 ranges in a day. And they would need to total at least 20 shots, so for example 3 ranges of 7 shots would need to be 42/42/42.

This website is intended to cater equally for F-Std, F-Open and Match Rifle. There is a bias of F-Open people at present, because they seem to be heavier web users, but I'm hoping for a noticeable influx of F-Std people after the ad in ATR is published.

Alan :)

Tony Q

#9 Postby Tony Q » Wed Jun 29, 2005 4:20 pm

Alan, sorry i ment it to be 100/100 on one range

ie. a possible not a double possible.

Tony Q

#10 Postby Tony Q » Wed Jun 29, 2005 4:36 pm

Im unsure how common Std possibles are, I know in the last 18 months iv only seen 1 shot in the SARA Queens and another 5 shot in 7 or 8 OPM’s that iv participated in.

Out of MBRC’s 12 Std shooters only 2 have been shot in the last 12 months (both in OPM’s)

I have not seen as many Open possibles in the prize meets in SA but it would be close, I would also say that it may be due to the fact that generally more std shooters turn up to OPM’s and Queens shoots that open class.

A possible in std class is not that easy! And is certainly not something shot with monotonous regularity.

Tony Q

#11 Postby Tony Q » Wed Jun 29, 2005 4:44 pm

In regard to the noted current F-Open bias please note:

I hold you all in high esteem, I praise your efforts and as a MBRC committee member I ensure our Open shooters get what they need.

Your equipment and ammo is superior to my Std outfit, period.

When I think F-class I only think of one class …. F-Class

Respect our needs and wishes as we respect yours or all we will end up with is segregation!

We are 1 class … separated only by an equipment preference.

RAVEN

#12 Postby RAVEN » Wed Jun 29, 2005 4:58 pm

Hey TQ & AlanF I think the 60/60 on the standard target is worthy of mention they aren’t as many shot now days as long as they are done with the standard F-Class equipment otherwise they are tooo numerous
e.g. B.Mould would be shooting on a standard target @ MBSC and Iam sure would be a regular occurrence.
Cheers
RB

bjld

#13 Postby bjld » Wed Jun 29, 2005 5:06 pm

It will be interesting to hear what Trev and Lynn Otto have to say about this topic. They both shoot standard rifles but prefer to shoot on the championship targets because they are:
(1) the correct targets,
(2) challenging.

I think Mr & Mrs Otto have shot quite a few 60/60 possibles and would probably agree that they're too easily had for all the ones shot nationally to be posted. I believe that Lynn shot a 99 at the Kapunda OPM (and some other fine scores) with her 223. I don't know if or how many 60s she shot at the Murray Bridge OPM, but I think that between her, Trev, Glen and Tony there must have been a few.

Regards
Ben

Tony Q

#14 Postby Tony Q » Wed Jun 29, 2005 5:13 pm

there were only 2 possibles shot at the recent MBRC OPM out of 7 std shooters. (4 ranges, 500, 600 700 & 800m)

Myself and Lynn

Tony Q

#15 Postby Tony Q » Wed Jun 29, 2005 5:22 pm

Ben, I don’t think challenging is the right word for Std F Class using championship target. The need to use Championship targets in Open Class is because of the superior wind bucking calibers you use and the heavier rifles.

The championship targets do however give us std shooters a much better aiming mark to hold on over that of a Fullbore black blob.

Who knows, the 2 possibles Lynn and Myself shot in the MBRC OPM may well have been the equivilant of 100 or they could have been a 90.

Correct target and Challenging are the wrong words Ben.

Uniformity OZ wide .. whatever that may be is the goal.

Return to “Events”