No.1 DRA OPM at Horsham

Results, photos of recent events, plan future events, let people know where you'll be competing.

Moderator: Mod

VickiMcc

No.1 DRA OPM at Horsham

#1 Postby VickiMcc » Thu Aug 17, 2006 7:13 am

Is there anyone going to Horsham for the 2 day OPM on 9th and 10th Sept. The Flyer is on the events page. There are 7 ranges and yes they are holding F Open on championship targets. I believe there has already been some interested F Open people in contact with the club thats why the Champ targets

Paul

#2 Postby Guest » Thu Aug 17, 2006 8:29 am

To all,

The Davies Clan intend to be there plus one other from C/maine, believe there is one FS from Bendigo hoping to go.
FS B is also being catered for with a couple of badges.
I believe this may be the last 2 dayer at Horsham if they do not get sufficient support, so, the ball lies in YOUR court if you want this PM to continue. The club have done the right thing and catered for ALL disciplines. YOU do the right thing and support them.
Barry

J Hair

Prize Meeting

#3 Postby J Hair » Fri Aug 18, 2006 2:03 pm

It is some what with tongue in cheek I put this entry on your web site in the hope to offer another competition to your calendar. The No 1 DRA are having a 2 day prize meeting at Horsham on the 9th & 10th September and is adding, F open, F A grade and F B grade to the program. As well as the standard A.B & C grade full bore. Ranges planned are 3,4,5 & 600 yds first day. 7,5 & 600 yds 2nd day. Camping on range and meals catered for.

Already 12 members from the SSAA have put there hand up for the F open and all insurances etc have been taken care of. We are not interested in the political side of things, but only in who wants to come and shoot. The idea is to get as many shooters here as possible having fun and competing under the same rules for the good of shooting. ( We don’t care if you have a red or green cap, you can shoot with us ). It is no secret our prize meeting has been struggling and if we can get support from the F class shooter we might not disappear off the calendar. Any feed back or comments please.
J Hair

#4 Postby Guest » Fri Aug 18, 2006 2:40 pm

John,
Way To go Mate, who cares where they come from, if they are prepared to shoot and enjoy, the more the merrier.
Barry

AlanF

Re: Prize Meeting

#5 Postby AlanF » Fri Aug 18, 2006 5:55 pm

J Hair wrote:...Any feed back or comments please.

John,

If you are able to get 12 SSAA members to shoot, that is great - your OPM deserves to succeed =D> ! I had convinced myself that its too far to come (about 6 hrs) but am now preparing for a "backflip" :lol: ! So unless something comes out of left field, I'll see you there on September 9.

Alan \:D/

J Hair

To All

#6 Postby J Hair » Mon Aug 28, 2006 9:20 pm

I just had a call from the SSAA rep and am told they have 16 coming now and are still trying for more. It would be good if we could see some friendly rivalry happening between the VRA F open shooters and really see some good shooting and competition and more important much enjoyment had by all. We still have no idea how many F standard and standard big bore shooters are coming but what the heck, we're determined to enjoy ourselves anyway.
Look forward to seeing you there.

Regards John Hair
J Hair

AlanF

#7 Postby AlanF » Mon Aug 28, 2006 10:11 pm

Has there ever been an F-open field approaching 20 shooters before in Vic? Not as far as I know. This OPM is not to be missed! Are there any more Vic F-Open starters? And is anyone from SA interested? Looking at the map you'll get there well before me, even if I bring the Ferrari!

Alan

Lynn Otto

#8 Postby Lynn Otto » Mon Aug 28, 2006 10:39 pm

Alan

Unfortunately, SA has No 4/5 DRA 2 day OPM that same weekend.

And apart from that we would need to get around the problem of Michael being fifteen and not having a firearms licence, he's not required to have one in SA, just his SARA affiliation card.

Lynn

AlanF

#9 Postby AlanF » Thu Sep 07, 2006 6:22 pm

Can someone please give me instructions to find the range at Horsham? I will have a VicRoads Map book.

Alan

#10 Postby Guest » Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:29 pm

Alan,
Horsham Range is about 5 km out of the city centre on the Natimuk road( Wimmera Hwy ), the 900yd is just inside the fence adjacent to road.
If you come via Stawell or Hamilton ,cross river, past an oval, turn left onto Natimuk road, past racetrack and about a further 4 km.
Barry

AlanF

#11 Postby AlanF » Fri Sep 08, 2006 3:56 am

Thanks Barry. If I still get lost, rather than yell cooee, I will use the distress code of 3 equally spaced shots (also to serve as foulers) :lol: .

Alan

AlanF

#12 Postby AlanF » Sat Sep 09, 2006 6:32 pm

Just a brief report (and skite) from Horsham. We have no fewer than 20 F-Open competitors, thanks almost entirely to a large group of SSAA shooters from the Portland area who were invited by a very enterprising Horsham club.

Weather consisted of moderate to strong headwind, changing direction to both sides quite often!

Leaders after day 1 are Steve Davis in F-Open, and Barry Davies in F-Std. Hope to give a full report on Monday night.

Alan

AlanF

#13 Postby AlanF » Mon Sep 11, 2006 8:52 pm

Well its Monday night and I'm buggered but had a great weekend :wink: . Congrats to Barry Davies for winning F-Std and Daniel Bennett for F-Open =D>. Results were close in both (see Results Page). Actually the big winner was Paul McCarthy who won the barrel by skillfully ensuring that his entry form was in the right position in the hat!

Below are a photo of the scoreboard, and of the F-Open group (with support staff!).

ImageImage

Many thanks to John Hair and others at Horsham, and to the Portland SSAA people who made this what I believe is the biggest field (20) of F-Open shooters ever in Victoria. It looks like Stawell wants to do the same thing, and extended an invite to the Portland shooters for their OPM next year. It could be the beginnings of something very good.

Alan :D

ned kelly

#14 Postby ned kelly » Mon Sep 11, 2006 9:16 pm

G'Day All,
to all the F class shooters well bloody done!!!!!! An amazing turn out of F class shooters for Victoria.
Sorry I couldn't be there, my wife Annette is not well, but I hope to catch up with the Portland crew in the near future at some BR/F class matches. To Steve & Helen, Terry & Jill, Roger & Bobby, Patrick, Frank and Daniel, please say G'day to all from Geoff and Darren.
A Big Congratulations to the Horsham crew for what appears to be a great event, hopefully I'll be able to make it next year with a few others.
Cheerio Ned

RAVEN

#15 Postby RAVEN » Mon Sep 11, 2006 9:48 pm

WOW Fantastic
Great to see the Portland Mob there
I will have to pencil this one in for next year
Cheers
RB

Return to “Events”