Brisbane Queens

Results, photos of recent events, plan future events, let people know where you'll be competing.

Moderator: Mod

Cameron Mc

Brisbane Queens

#1 Postby Cameron Mc » Thu Jul 20, 2006 8:43 pm

Just wondering who is going to the Brisbane Queens.
Julie and I are off on a camping trip to Nth Qld for 3 weeks then back for Queens.

Come on fella's and gals, we need numbers.

Cameron

balcom

Re: Brisbane Queens

#2 Postby balcom » Sun Jul 23, 2006 2:16 pm

Cameron Mc wrote:Just wondering who is going to the Brisbane Queens.
Julie and I are off on a camping trip to Nth Qld for 3 weeks then back for Queens.

Come on fella's and gals, we need numbers.

Cameron

I will see you there, but i'm told i wont be shooting, bring me bach a Barra.
PeterH

Chris Burdett

#3 Postby Chris Burdett » Mon Jul 31, 2006 10:01 pm

I,m there
Chris B.

Yogi

#4 Postby Yogi » Fri Aug 04, 2006 2:41 pm

I can't go again, I just came back from the National Queens.

AlanF

#5 Postby AlanF » Fri Aug 18, 2006 10:32 pm

Congratulations to Ernie Mace =D> for winning the F-Std in the Duncan. Ken McLachlan was only 1 point back, with Alan Seaman third. And also to Karl Bell =D> who just edged out his old man in F-Open, with Chris Burdett a close third.
-- DUNCAN RESULTS

After day 1 of the Queens, Ernie Mace is tied with Jenni Hausler and Ken McLachan. And in Open, Martin Lobert is 3 points up on Cameron McEwan, with Kelvin Bell not far back in third.
-- QUEENS DAY 1

Tomorrow is 6, 7, 8 and 900yds - that's where the shoe pinches as my Dad used to say.

Alan
Last edited by AlanF on Sun Aug 20, 2006 8:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

RAVEN

#6 Postby RAVEN » Sat Aug 19, 2006 12:27 am

I will be watch this 1
Thanx 4 the updates Alan :)

AlanF

#7 Postby AlanF » Sat Aug 19, 2006 8:14 pm

Day 2 placings in F-Std, Ernie Mace and Tony Beardmore finished equal. In F-Open, Martin Lobert won the day again, and Chris Burdett did better than yesterday just 4 points behind Martin.

-- Day 2 Agg

Queens Agg standings after day 2 are Ernie Mace with a slender lead in F-Std, and Michael Lobert has increased yesterday's lead in F-Open, and will be very hard to catch now, with only one hard target left.

-- Progressive Queens Agg

Alan

AlanF

#8 Postby AlanF » Sun Aug 20, 2006 4:57 pm

Its all over at Belmont. Great performance in F-Std from Ernie Mace =D> in a very close affair. He won the Queens by 4 from Tony Beardmore, with Jenni Hausler a further 3 back in the field of 16.

In F-Open, Martin (Marty) Lobert =D> continued his domination, by winning both ranges today and drawing away to win by 18 from National Queens winner Cameron McEwan, and Chris Burdett in third.

-- QUEENS Day 3

-- QUEENS Aggregate

Marty, Cameron, Chris, we'd really appreciate some info on equipment, calibres etc when you get home?

Alan

AlanF

#9 Postby AlanF » Mon Aug 21, 2006 8:34 pm

I've just been in contact with Marty Lobert - after that performance I reckon he'll have a smile on his face for a month :D :D . His rifle was the same as the one he used for his possible at 600m last month (see Possibles page). I believe this is the first 7mmx284 to win at a Queens? Is this a sign of things to come? :shock:

When asked about what Cameron and Chris were using, he thought that Cameron used his 6BR on Day 1 followed by 6.5x284 on days 2 and 3, with Chris using a 243Win right through.

He is full of praise for Cameron's sportmanship and grace in defeat - apparently he offered Marty the loan of his equipment when he had extractor trouble. This is what our sport needs more of - and the best way of having it happen is with more shooters going to Queens, where many good friendships are made... :-({|= yes ok that's enough :roll: ....

Alan

Cameron Mc

#10 Postby Cameron Mc » Mon Aug 21, 2006 10:35 pm

G Day All

First I would like to congratulate Marty on a great win. His performance cannot be under estimated, as the conditions were tricky. On top of this he had an extractor break, but was very fortunate to find a replacement, then continue on his winning way. His rifle is a tack holer, but you still have to point them in the right direction.

I used my 6BR on day one. Hart 1A action, TrueFlite barrel, 1 - 8" x 30", NXS scope and glued to a Mastin F stock. Managed a 100 at 300yds.

Day 2 & 3 I used 6.5-284. Quadlite action, Jewell trigger, McMillan Baker Special stock, 1 - 8" x 28" Maddco barrel and 24x Weaver. Again started with a possible 100, this time at 600yds. Then it was trying to stay with Marty.

Had a big moment after 700yds on day 2. Wound the scopes up twice on both mine and my wife's rifles, oh dear!!! As a result at 800 Julie took 4 to 5 shots to get on the target, but to her credit she kept going and finished. My first sighter was a miss and then back on target. I always tell people that you always learn something new each time you shoot. Enough said with that one.

Well done ALL, it was a great shoot.

Cameron

Chris Burdett

#11 Postby Chris Burdett » Sat Aug 26, 2006 5:53 pm

Marty,s comment, and I quote
"This wind is harder to pick than a broken nose"
Chris B.

Return to “Events”