Townsville F Class shoot

Results, photos of recent events, plan future events, let people know where you'll be competing.

Moderator: Mod

jlorimer

Townsville F Class shoot

#1 Postby jlorimer » Fri Jun 17, 2005 11:07 am

:D Peter Smith - Yes the bloke that made his own rifle scope, has made up a web site of the six day shoot in Townsville, conducted over the Queens Birthday holiday period in Queensland. This shoot will be on again next year at the same timing. If you want to shoot in a stand alone F Class competition, then give this competition some thought. the web site is www.users.bigpond.com/pjifl/tvl2005.htm Keep em in the 10 .John Lorimer :P

AlanF

#2 Postby AlanF » Fri Jun 17, 2005 6:13 pm

Welcome aboard John,

That website is great. It must be one of the biggest gatherings of F-Open shooters outside of the Queens shoots. How did the wind treat you?

AlanF

#3 Postby Guest » Tue Jun 21, 2005 1:40 pm

Alan! would have to be the worse conditions I have shot in over seven years. the wind wasn't blowing all that strong, but the wind shifts were like lighting fast.
through the scope one could see the mirage actually looping back on itself, at the blink of an eye. I actually experienced a vertical 4 at 800m.the lowest scored shot I have ever recorded, on the open target. The wind was coming from 9:00 at 8 mph. I calculated hold and fired, on following through I noticed the mirage suddenly change to vertical left incline, to my horror the spotter indicated the 4 ring at 11:00. 6 points down, and would you believe the flags were still showing wind from 9:00. oh! the pain.
Every shooter had their moments. it was a fantastic shoot, and the conradry amongst the shooters was great. there should be more stand alone f Class shoots. We are even getting high profile TR shooters trying the F class out, where normally they would be shooting the TR class only.
keep em in the ten ring, John lorimer.

S.Scheske

#4 Postby S.Scheske » Fri Jul 01, 2005 1:29 am

Hi guys

What is the townsville rifle range like i might be shooting there on a regular basis in about 8-10months :lol:

*If every thing goes well with me getting into the army*
Sam Scheske
CTRC
2004 ADFC Rifle Team

jlorimer

Townsville range

#5 Postby jlorimer » Mon Aug 08, 2005 9:11 am

Hello Sam, Sorry for the delay in replying,but I have been very busy, and have not been on this site for yonks. The Townsville range can be a delight to shoot on one week, then turn around the very next week, and beat even the best of shooters.
We have a few Army members, and also a few ex. We shoot on Sundays and have up to 26 regular shooters.We have about 15 F Class shooters, but they don't all shoot every week.
As far as competition goes, North Queensland has some of the best open f class shooters around, and the winning average is around the 97% mark, on good days.
Sam! let me know when you get here. Keep em in the ten ring. John Lorimer. :D

Return to “Events”