Brisbane Nationals

Results, photos of recent events, plan future events, let people know where you'll be competing.

Moderator: Mod

balcom

Brisbane Nationals

#1 Postby balcom » Tue Jun 13, 2006 12:17 pm

Hi All,
Just a short note to let you know that the F Open will be moving across the targets alongside TR for a change with F STD disperced in with TR.
PeterH

Tony Q

#2 Postby Tony Q » Tue Jun 13, 2006 12:43 pm

This morning i had an e-mail from the Brissy couple who did our last Training day, i replied and told them to go to Belmont and have a look at what was going on. I told them to look for the group of Scoped Rifle Shooters.

I need to change that to 'The group of scoped rifle shooters are F Open and you will have to go looking for the F Standard shooters'

The sooner we have a common'ish target and stop squadding the better it will be for all!

F Class is looking like us and them to the newbee.

:evil:
MBRC F-Class standard ... and proud of it!

#3 Postby Guest » Tue Jun 13, 2006 5:41 pm

Relax Tony :wink:

We have only just found possible common ground with the target, Alan is getting togeather some info for us tonight to compare the target as it is and how it could be if F standard were to use the open target.

I have no doubt that it is a definite possibility but again it is up to the wider community to decide. I dont know that its an us and them situation, just two different classes using a different target.

I would like to see us all use the same, but with a different scoring format, such as the one suggested, would you be in favour of this?

Lynn Otto

#4 Postby Lynn Otto » Tue Jun 13, 2006 6:22 pm

Adam

I think Tony may be referring to the Std shooters being squadded with TR. We both believe that Std should at least be squadded on their own target and preferably next to the Open guys. Tony, correct me if I'm wrong.

Lynn

Matt P

#5 Postby Matt P » Tue Jun 13, 2006 8:05 pm

Tony
I'll be there for the Queens tell them to come and see me and I'll point them towards some FS shooters if they're not interested in open.

Matt P

Tom Lowndes

Squadding

#6 Postby Tom Lowndes » Tue Jun 13, 2006 8:12 pm

Lynn/Tony
Having spent a considerable amount of time shooting in nearly every bun fight in Aust and overseas,I can tell you Tony ,you are wrong about segregation in ref to FS.
The amount of times I was asked and heard it mentioned that it is a good idea to have FS shooting with us FB as we can see what you do.
This has been a definate factor in gaining FS shooters.
FO has a bad reputation for being stand alone shooters because they get shoved up the end of the mound.They have allowed this to happen,their fault.
I have been to Queens where FO.along with FS moved with everybody else,no problem.(Brisbane)
It allowed ALL shooters to see who was doing what was going on.
NO problem.
Perhaps what is or isnt happening in SA may not be quiet right.
Once again I say to All you people,get away from your own dung hills and have a look at what is going on.
I would also suggest TQ,you would be better off directing people to the organisers of a shoot.It makes sense,seeing they are in Qld and you are in another state.

Tom Lowndes

Squadding

#7 Postby Tom Lowndes » Tue Jun 13, 2006 8:18 pm

I will also mention that at least Brisbane in the past placed both FO/FStd in the middle so ALL had to go past at some stage and therefore could see both.
Because we had the benefit of the flag line(2003/2004),the FStd asked to move as normal.
No problems at all.

VickiMcc

#8 Postby VickiMcc » Tue Jun 13, 2006 8:35 pm

Tom
Why is it FO's fault they get shoved up one end when the organisers generally dont give a hoot about them anyway

Paul

Matt P

#9 Postby Matt P » Tue Jun 13, 2006 8:37 pm

Tom
FO would like to move along the "line" but most of time (except Canberra)we get treated like leapers and shoved down the end (usally the end with no flags or shitty mounds). Not really our fault, most of the time we get treated like "just be happy we LET yo shoot with us".

Matt P

Tony Q

#10 Postby Tony Q » Tue Jun 13, 2006 9:28 pm

Tom

The Qld couple in question drove 4000kl round trip to do an F Class Training Day in SA .. now why is that? Also they befriended a couple of our FB guys while here with us, these FB guys are competing in the State teams and Queens shoots in Qld. The e-mail I received was a ‘hello how are you’ and I responded with ‘I’m fine and don’t forget to have a look at the Queens shoot at Belmont’. Maybe I should have said ‘what are you talking to me for your from Qld!’

These people are good solid folk who will make excellent F Class shooters, I don’t disparate between FS or FO as it’s purely an individuals choice but I will help where i can and especially when im asked for advice, guidance or direction. Maybe next time they Phone or e-mail me i should just ignore it?

Also, Every 3 months I get hit with questions from all over Australia due to our advertising, those who cant travel to SA but are interested in knowing more about F Class seek information and some one to talk to. On numerous occasions I have asked on this forum for contact people in some states with NO REPLY at all … oh the shame! While some have put there hands and numbers up, to their credit, some States just go blank.

Having a mentor, contact or friendly F shooter on the other end of the phone is what makes us great to the newcomer … ringing the organizer or state office, in my opinion, can be detrimental as a first contact for F Class as its like being passed around when you phone Telstra.

Now, I’ll climb back up my Dung hill and contemplate the things we in SA are doing wrong … lets see … Keeping F Class shooters together … Common Targets for F Class … Training Day Seminars for growth and education in F Class and FB … State F Class Rep and DRA F Class sub committee’s for proper information cohesion … Bugger, we are truly screwed! :oops:

Tom Lowndes

FO

#11 Postby Tom Lowndes » Tue Jun 13, 2006 9:30 pm

Paul
If you pushed for a higher profile.you may get a response instead of sitting back.
From the start of FO,you have allowed youselves to be shoved up the end.
That has done you no good over the years and now you go crook.
If you want to be part,recognised,liked ,whatever,get off your bum and get in with all the other shooters.
Dont give me the crap it cant be done.
If that was the case,there would be no FO/FS shooting today.

Simon C

#12 Postby Simon C » Tue Jun 13, 2006 10:40 pm

Tom,

U might feel better if u have a coke and a sleep mate. Relax a little :roll:
"Aim small, miss small"

Simon

Ken L

#13 Postby Ken L » Wed Jun 14, 2006 4:39 am

Matt P wrote:Tom
FO would like to move along the "line" but most of time (except Canberra)we get treated like leapers and shoved down the end (usally the end with no flags or shitty mounds). Not really our fault, most of the time we get treated like "just be happy we LET yo shoot with us".

Matt P

In the 5 years before the National moved to Belmont I shot the Brisbane Queens and in those 5 years we were tolerated but only just. We had numerous times had to get someone to volunteer to mark targets and give up shooting .
As to targets we had 5 different targets and never knew what target we would get untill we got there. The targets varied from second hand USA Highpower targets to used 300M UIT, and throw in some pale photo copied inventions that faded into the mirage where the rings could not be seen and be told that we didn't need to see the rings as they were for the marker to use and we could lump it or leave it.

Now that being said dont take it that, that is the reason I wont be there this year. The reason is that I have a medical appointment that was long in waiting for in the middle of the Nationals and that takes priority.

Regards
Ken L

Tony Q

#14 Postby Tony Q » Wed Jun 14, 2006 8:00 am

Thanks Matt P :)

Lynn .. yes, thats what i meant :)

Tom

F Class is both FS and FO and we all pay our yearly fees, club fees, range fees and PM entries .. so what’s the answer.

As a rested scoped rifle shooter (FS) do you consider yourself aligned with FB or FC?

Would you prefer to be mingled in with TR or be part of a FC group?

Would you like to see a common FC target?

Can we hear your suggestions on how to go about unifying F Class on the mounds?

balcom

Re: Brisbane Nationals

#15 Postby balcom » Thu Jun 15, 2006 9:54 am

balcom wrote:Hi All,
Just a short note to let you know that the F Open will be moving across the targets alongside TR for a change with F STD disperced in with TR.
PeterH

Bloody hell, I started something.
F Std will be shooting on TR Targets at the Nationals moving with everybody else.
PeterH

Return to “Events”