North Qld Queens

Results, photos of recent events, plan future events, let people know where you'll be competing.

Moderator: Mod

RDavies

Re: North Qld Queens

#76 Postby RDavies » Sat May 23, 2015 5:01 pm

Looks like Marty and Mark are having a good run at the moment.
Where are all the stories?

AlanF

#77 Postby AlanF » Sat May 23, 2015 5:22 pm

Unfortunately the range is a bit challenged in the wifi reception department, and because nearly everyone camps at the range, we don't get to hear much. Josh is doing very well with the photos - thanks Josh - I assume you're getting some help from the stats office wifi connection?

Josh Cox

#78 Postby Josh Cox » Sun May 24, 2015 7:42 am

Third and final day of the 2015 NQRA Queens, it looks like it's going to be a turkey shoot today, no wind, yet.

Chief Range Officer and all round gas bag (GG) is complaining about the apparent benign conditions, 800 and 900 metres today.

AlanF

#79 Postby AlanF » Sun May 24, 2015 8:45 am

I think that range is either too hard or too easy! Anyway, have a good last day everyone.l

Josh Cox

#80 Postby Josh Cox » Sun May 24, 2015 10:34 am

Just about to start 900m, and,,,,,, it's just started sprinkling, rain forecast to follow.

AlanF

#81 Postby AlanF » Sun May 24, 2015 2:02 pm

Congrats Marty, Mark, Nick and Kohn =D> =D> =D> =D> . You would have to be impressed with the F/TR scores. Not only from Mark, but Shane's score would have been very respectable in F-Open. Its interesting that all F-Open and F/TR shooters were Queenslanders. How did the ETs perform in those conditions? Did they change the way people shot? Did they help some more than others?

RDavies

#82 Postby RDavies » Sun May 24, 2015 6:56 pm

Congrats to Marty for his F Open Queens win, to Dave Mac for his F Open Grand Agg =D>
Congratulations also to Mark Fairburn and Nick Williamson for their convincing F/tr Queens and Grand Agg wins in F/tr and F std. =D>
To Jim Bailey, congratulations on yet another TR Queens win. =D>

The main prize though goes to Josh Cox for his photos of the event, it is good to see a few familiar faces from FNQ.

Longranger

#83 Postby Longranger » Sun May 24, 2015 7:03 pm

The E.T's are a game changer for many, no more checking other targets prior to taking a shot to see changes that aren't always obvious.

I think that it is great as it requires a greater focus on the conditions. Many will hate it though, but it is the way of the future.

While conditions looked benign early on, they did change with varying light, drizzle and sneeky shifts on doughy flags.
That worked in my favour allowing me to score a gold gong and bronze at 8 and 900m. Did well enough to come second in my division overall from nowhere. Luck shined on me for that. I had vertical issues that plagued me for two days but resolved the problem on the last day. Oh well... :|

The atmosphere of the NQRA Queens is fantastic. I think everyone enjoyed themselves. :D

Bring on next year!

Batman

#84 Postby Batman » Sun May 24, 2015 7:52 pm

Congratualation to all winners =D> =D> =D>
pritty impressive scores at 800 and 900 on last day =D>
Looks like Martys lucky red jocks are still working :lol:

Regards Stuart

RDavies

#85 Postby RDavies » Sun May 24, 2015 9:10 pm

How about Wild Dog who's F/TR Grand Agg score beat F Open. Cheeky bugger.

Brad Y

#86 Postby Brad Y » Sun May 24, 2015 9:19 pm

Congrats to all.

Batman

#87 Postby Batman » Sun May 24, 2015 9:40 pm

RDavies wrote:How about Wild Dog who's F/TR Grand Agg score beat F Open. Cheeky bugger.

wow thats impressive =D> =D> =D>
well done chewey :lol:

RAVEN

#88 Postby RAVEN » Mon May 25, 2015 1:16 pm

Congratulations to all the winners
and all that were not look like it was a great event
some very impressive score at 8-900
RB

AlanF

#89 Postby AlanF » Tue May 26, 2015 8:45 am

Rankings are now updated after the NQ Queens : http://www.ozfclass.com/rankings/default.html

Looks like Mark Fairbairn is doing to F/TR what Rod Davies is doing to F-Open! :D

ShaneG

#90 Postby ShaneG » Tue May 26, 2015 2:15 pm

I worked hard on Mark to attend our NQRA Queens as he is the current benchmark for F/TR here.

Although he had just attended the SA Queens and he had other personal plans he managed to make it at the last minute.

Personally I have had a goal to out point F Std A since I started in F/TR but Mark has shifted to a higher "aim?" to out point F Open!
He also managed to drag Darryl B along who went very well except for a few issues with target ID? Ask him about his levels??!!

There are also many newer local F/TR shooters who are very competitive so it was a hard fought match.

Of note was the fact that our NQRA administration officer, Betta Gianasi could not compete due to her duties in the office.
From her performance in our Team practice yesterday morning it may have been just as well for the rest of us!!

On another note is that Dave Mac and Dave Stewart shot through the event with quite bad flu!!

Well done to all

Shane

Return to “Events”