Nominations For 2017 FCWC Canada

Results, photos of recent events, plan future events, let people know where you'll be competing.

Moderator: Mod

Southcape

Nominations For 2017 FCWC Canada

#1 Postby Southcape » Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:41 pm

Please note that the NRAA has called for nominations for all positions for the 2017 FCWC
Please see the website for details.

http://www.nraa.com.au/members-update-41/

Nominations –Australian F Class OPEN Team –World Championships, Canada, 2017
Nominations are being called for interested persons to fill the positions of Captain, Manager, Coaches and shooter to compete in the 2017 F Class World Championships for F/O. Positions are Captain, Manager/Adjutant,1 Main Coach, 2 Coaches ,1 Armourer and 10 shooters. Please forward your request for the NRAA Nomination Form to the NRAA office or to nraa@bigpond.com or download from the NRAA website.

Nomination for Captain close Friday 21st August 2015.
Nominations for Manager, Coaches and Shooters close 11th September 2015

Nominations –Australian F/TR Team –World Championships, Canada, 2017
Nominations are being called for interested persons to fill the positions of Captain, Manager, Coaches and shooter to compete in the 2017 F Class F/TR World Championships for F/TR. Positions are Captain, Manager/Adjutant,1 Main Coach, 2 Coaches ,1 Armourer and 10 shooters. Please forward your request for the NRAA Nomination Form to the NRAA office or to nraa@bigpond.com or download from the NRAA website.

Nomination for Captain close Friday 21st August 2015.
Nominations for Manager, Coaches and Shooters close 11th September 2015
Linda

RDavies

Re: Nominations For 2017 FCWC Canada

#2 Postby RDavies » Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:50 am

And so the fun begins.
Who's coming?

Craig McGowan

#3 Postby Craig McGowan » Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:20 pm

Hi Linda & Rod,

Could I suggest that perhaps to help out those who may be interested, that a brief outline of expectations and also expected costs involved based on the program that was run for the 2013 FCWC, either be placed up on here or PM'ed to interested person if they were to contact you.

This is not to scare people away, but to make all aware of the time and effort that will be needed to retain the title for the team.

Kind Regards,

Craig McGowan.

Southcape

#4 Postby Southcape » Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:33 pm

Sure thing Craig.

I will respond to a PM.

However just note I am away at a match until Tuesday.
You will not get a response before then. :)
Linda

BATattack

#5 Postby BATattack » Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:37 pm

Thanks for keeping us up to date Linda! =D>

Any chance of sending a CC of any relative information my direction as well please?

Especially in regard to required standard and possible selection process so we have something to work toward would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Adam Pohl

Quick

#6 Postby Quick » Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:10 am

Linda,

Same here. Am considering for the open team but need more info re costs and alike. Also whether I will need to rebarrel to diff cal too.
Shaun aka 'Quick'
Yanchep, Western Australia

308 Win F/TR & F-S
7mm F-Open Shooter.

Southcape

#7 Postby Southcape » Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:42 am

So shooter nominations close tomorrow.

Crazy question but... WHO ARE THE CAPTAINS!!!

I know the NRAA had nominations for both FTR and Open Captains.

They have annouced the new Palma Captain for 2017, yet failed to show F Class the same respect.

I have called the office to ask them and was told that Catherine will get to it.

We have a World Championship Gold Medal to defend! How can a team form without leadership!!

Pick up the phone and start asking the question!
Linda

Southcape

#8 Postby Southcape » Thu Sep 10, 2015 7:33 pm

I have a few messages in my inbox. Just letting people know that I am unable to access them. I have cleaned the inbox out, logged back in, but I still cannot open them.

I will say this. I have not been appointed as Captain.
I cannot and will not answer questions that a Captain should be answering. It is wrong and not my place.

This is WHY we need a Captain appointed before the rest of the team.
Linda

ecomeat

#9 Postby ecomeat » Fri Sep 11, 2015 8:54 pm

In light of the complete head F##K of a position that F Open seems to be in right now, could i please ask everyone who is even vaguely interested in the topic to go back and quickly re-read a thread that i started in February 2014.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=5528&hilit=+canada

That was 19 bloody months ago. 6 blog pages with some really good points raised by a lot of highly respected shooters.....and what was the outcome ....or where did it lead ???????????????????????????????????
For OUR sport to be in the position it is in at this very moment, is disgusting in my opinion. It is beyond belief.
Less than two years out..........no Captain appointed for either F Open or FTR................and very real possibility apparently that Australia wont even get to formally defend its magnificent Team Gold Medal won at Raton in 2013.
The NRAA and every State and Territory Association's "management" are grossly incompetent to allow this situation to develop.
Do we, or does ANYONE, need any more proof that the people who run full bore shooting in this country couldnt actually give a flying f--k about F Class ??
Fingers can be pointed at lots of us.....why didnt we coordinate better interest in FCWC 2017 ? Didnt we talk about it behind the scenes at the NRAA Teams at Belmont etc etc.??
All I can say to that is that it is absolute bullshit and a complete cop out to blame "us", the people who try to shoot every week and dream of doing better, for where our sport teeters right here and now , 11th September 2015.........the day Nominations closed for Shooters, Managers, Coaches.
Of course "we talked about it" at Belmont over the Teams and QRA Queens.......but because of the disturbing unwillingness of all National, State and Territory associations to invite any formal input from F Class shooters there is SFA we can actually do about it.............. Talking about it is all that we, the humble shooters can do.
This debacle is 100% the fault of the NRAA. They are the only God given ones who can appoint a Captain....And since the only members of this obscure body are the State and Territory associations then THAT IS WHERE THE BUCK STOPS.
They have grossly mismanaged this, but i really doubt that any of them could care less.
We need a designated F Class Representative elected to the Board of every State and Territory association as a matter of great urgency.
How do we make a start to do that ?? Or are we all content for things to just keep heading in the direction that they appear to be heading today ?
Extreme accuracy and precision shooting at long range can be a very addictive pastime.

plumbs7

#10 Postby plumbs7 » Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:40 pm

You Know Tony , I bet the U.S. Teams are fully funded and sponsored with what ever hardware , do lackey and do hickey that they need . I can only dream of being good enough to represent my country but I don't have the spare $30000 grand ( new gun , 4 off .284 barrels a new NF comp scopein Moa, ammo , spotting scope airfares accomodation when training etc, )needed ( by my quick estimates ) and months of work and family sacrifice to even think about it ! I very much wanted to compete in 3 Queensthis year and only got to 1 because of time and money . I have my own business and it's tough !

Would be nice if Noia, Nightforce , Theils ( Adi) and Other industry groups and the nation get behind our champion shooters.
We know we have world class shooters . Look at Lowell at Qld queens only dropping a shot and setting a record in the process. Truth is we are Very much Profesionals in an amatuer sport !
It comes down to who has the Time and the Money, not the best Shot. We were lucky last time as the best had the money but maybe in this post boom period , not so!
Our best shooter need not too worry about the money side but just have to commit their skill and time. They've already proven themselves and they don't have to prove it again !
Also who outside of F Class who even knows that we are current world Champs! It didn't even make the news !

Southcape

#11 Postby Southcape » Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:43 pm

I am done.

NOTHING I have done has earned this treatment by the NRAA.

All I did with EVERY single team I have captained was succeed.
No other Captain in Australia regardless of discipline has the same results that I have achieved.
YES, I do things differently. But the results show that my way is not wrong.

All Australia needed to do was show up at our second FCWC and the next FCWC would have been ours to host. Kiss that goodbye, along with any future touring teams which were just itching for a tour downunder. Those that say they can't afford airfares etc... What about when Australia is selected to host the 2021 FCWC? ( assuming again that the NRAA will allow us) what about your chance to mix with the worlds best even on an individual level? To chat in person with some amazing people from around the world and beat them.

So the 2017 FCWC will go ahead without the defending FO World Champions Competiting.

Let me liken this to Mike Tyson. He wants to win the World Championship title. To do that, he must BEAT the current world champion. Otherwise...what has he won???
We are now the laughing stock of the world. One hit wonders!

I fought tooth and nail to bring F Class Australia onto the World stage. On my own! i still have all the abusive emails telling me to back off. I still recall every time someone told me that I was damaging our sport. That I was wrong. I have a lovely email from the NRAA FRAMED on my wall, telling me that FTR has no place in Australia.

Plenty of you have met me. I am just a lady driven by passion.

This time... YOU the shooters of Australia need to make the stand.
This time YOU need to be emailing NRAA and standing up not only for me.... But the future of F Class in Australia.

I nominated as captain for two reasons.
1. I want to go back and have another run at the worlds
2. THE SHOOTERS ASKED ME TO LEAD THEM!!

Yeah I know I have my dissenters, a captains role is such that you cannot please everyone, but decisions made were 100% on what was best for my teams, not certain individuals. Results again evidence of this.

I wrote those exact reasons on my nomination form.

So the NRAA think that they know better than all of you.
Your turn Australia. I am done fighting on my own.
Linda

bsouthernau

#12 Postby bsouthernau » Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:28 am

Southcape wrote:So the 2017 FCWC will go ahead without the defending FO World Champions Competiting.

The above and Tony's earlier tirade lead me to ask what's going on folks? Or not going on by the sound of it. I didn't nominate this time but have been thinking of late about going as an individual competitor and if so would certainly offer my assistance to the team if it was wanted. Seems I've missed out on something.

Can someone enlighten me please?

Barry

Tim N

#13 Postby Tim N » Sun Sep 13, 2015 6:30 pm

Hi All,
See the cut off date for FCWC team has been moved forward, due to insufficient nominations.
I put my name in, not too many others?
We don't rise to the level of our expectations, we fall to the level of our training. Archilochos 680-645 BC

ecomeat

#14 Postby ecomeat » Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:10 pm

[-o<
bsouthernau wrote:
Southcape wrote:So the 2017 FCWC will go ahead without the defending FO World Champions Competiting.

The above and Tony's earlier tirade lead me to ask what's going on folks? Or not going on by the sound of it................

Can someone enlighten me please?

Barry

Barry,
The USA, UK, Canada and South Africa (I believe) all appointed their Captains almost 18 months ago.
Australia closed Nominations for Captain a bit over three weeks ago. Two Nominations were apparently received, but neither was appointed. It seems insufficient Nominations were received for Shooters etc as well, when Noms closed last Friday.
It seems that if a suitable candidate for Captain is not forthcoming,......quickly.... NRAA will not be sanctioning a team to the FCWC .
So Australia could easily go from World Champions in 2013.....to Non Contenders in 2017.
I find this unacceptable. I am aware of a number of other shooters who also think it is absurd outcome.
When they finish laughing at us, the other major nations will go back to practicing with their squads that the Captains have already had eighteen months to work with.
Is there any chance that our sport would be in a significantly stronger position if Nominations for Captain had closed about 18 months ago ?
Apparently it's all our own fault (F Class' fault) for not sorting it out over a beer at Belmont in August. Shame on us. :-# :-#
Extreme accuracy and precision shooting at long range can be a very addictive pastime.

Spud308

#15 Postby Spud308 » Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:53 pm

OK so i have a question!
If we have had two Nominations for Captains, i am assuming one for Open and for F/TR, are those people who are making the decision qualified to make that (ie F-Class shooters) or is this just politics?

Return to “Events”