QRA Queens..

Results, photos of recent events, plan future events, let people know where you'll be competing.

Moderator: Mod

AlanF

Re: QRA Queens..

#121 Postby AlanF » Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:51 pm

Anyway, heartiest congrats to all the winners =D> =D> =D> . Peter Smith seems to be in his best form ever. And Wayne and Henry well deserved wins in F-Std. Belmont would have to be Stephen Sharps favourite hunting ground. And what about Mark Fairbairn, winner of C-Grade. Now we have to guess which class he'll choose for the Queens :?: .

Looks like it'll be gentler tomorrow for the shorts, then a little more challenging Saturday and Sunday, including some rain.

Thanks for the updates Tony. Sorry I'm not there to help with the equipment list. Have you found some more helpers?

DannyS

#122 Postby DannyS » Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:56 pm

Mark Fairburn, winner of TR c grade is that really fair, pun intended. Thought C grade was for new shooters, not highly accomplished shooters in other disciplines where wind reading skills are required ?

But if it's in the rules

Cheers
Danny
You might as well be yourself, everyone else is already taken.

Chopper

#123 Postby Chopper » Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:13 pm

FO , IRON SIGHTS , ? :lol:

ecomeat

#124 Postby ecomeat » Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:28 pm

AlanF wrote:. And what about Mark Fairbairn, winner of C-Grade. Now we have to guess which class he'll choose for the Queens :?: .

Have you found some more helpers?

After Mark dropped 11 or 12 pts at 1000 in TR, my money will be on "F Open" :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Tim Nugent and I will work our way around , taking half the alphabet each to gather the Equipment List details. With a field this big.....58 for F Open in the Duncan and hopefully more tomorrow for the start of the Queens.....there are a lot of shooters who neither of us will have ever met ! Hopefully some of those might read this, and assist by looking out for Tim and/or myself. Craig McGowan has been helping gather data, and we will lean on one more helper if wencannfind a "victim"...... Which would mean 15 or so shooters for each of us.
Extreme accuracy and precision shooting at long range can be a very addictive pastime.

DannyS

#125 Postby DannyS » Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:36 pm

Tim and Tony, the fat lady might be humming but she is not into full tune yet, bunker down, get off the piss and get serious, show us what you can do. Never give up. Throw plenty of knives., pray to the wind gods. Good luck. Go for it.

Cheers
Danny

ShaneG

#126 Postby ShaneG » Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:41 pm

I will take 1000/1 odds Chewie shoots F/TR - the biggest field of competitors we will had yet here in OZ! Thanks to the Kiwis also!
He will be there tomorrow with a bipod attached - as will Vicki and I!
We needed a rest after the Teams - gotta admit feeling the wear and tear of a close run teams plus the Sunday before.
Definitely don't have the Fairbairn stamina!
Shane

williada

#127 Postby williada » Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:59 pm

Danny, I think Tony has been busy knitting - a new type of wind sock. :mrgreen: #-o He's been lying doggo for the big one, quietly accumulating information and quietly passing a discriminating eye over the equipment lists. If the wind dies, lookout. :wink: David.

DannyS

#128 Postby DannyS » Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:18 pm

Haha David, hopefully Tony hasn't been going on Peter heater diameter measurements, which if, the warmer climates, are calculated into the formular, could have huge impacts into the caluli.

Lol I probably stuffed that up

Cheers
Danny

Tim N

#129 Postby Tim N » Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:51 am

Hey Danny
Thanks for the encouragement
When they were handing out prizes yesterday I was hoping there might have been one for the biggest crash and burn, but then I remembered I beat Tony by 1-X (the only one I got)
I'm still trying to figure it out :-k :-k yesterday at 1000 I shot a 51-1 and the day before in the teams I shot a 60-6 ....naaa still a mystery
We don't rise to the level of our expectations, we fall to the level of our training. Archilochos 680-645 BC

macguru

#130 Postby macguru » Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:01 am

I hope everyone has a great shoot up there in Briz Vegas... I went last year and was particularly impressed with the Range and the Bar Facilities ..... I am sure both will get a lot of use this weekend !

We will be following you on:

https://www.nraa.com.au/qra-125th-queen ... 5-results/
id quod est

ecomeat

#131 Postby ecomeat » Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:49 am

It's a beautiful clear, cool (for Qld :D :D ) morning here at Belmont. Norm was able to shoot this morning without the need for an emergency barf bag on the mound.
Possibles everywhere, halfway through. Approx 1/2 MOA from the right
60 with 8s to Tim, Lowell, me :D , G Rush, Dave Reddan,
With 7 to Richard Braund, Krake, Craig McG, Matt P,
With 6 to Bob Ped, Bevan Appleby, Rod, Ben, Greg Warrian, Andrew Pearce
With 5 to Fred Fordham, Cam, Stuart B,
With 4 to Norm Nelson, Barry Lewis, Meichelle K,
With 3 to Glen Gunn (BRC Captain)
likely to be plenty more possibles
Last edited by ecomeat on Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Extreme accuracy and precision shooting at long range can be a very addictive pastime.

ecomeat

#132 Postby ecomeat » Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:52 am

Daryl Barlow shot a 60-9 in FTR. Nikki Slee is one of the most popular people in our sport, and has always got a beautiful smile, but was deeply disappointed yesterday afterrnoon when someone ran over her rifle and smashed her bipod. BUGGER

plumbs7

#133 Postby plumbs7 » Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:17 pm

ecomeat wrote:Daryl Barlow shot a 60-9 in FTR. Nikki Slee is one of the most popular people in our sport, and has always got a beautiful smile, but was deeply disappointed yesterday afterrnoon when someone ran over her rifle and smashed her bipod. BUGGER

That's horrible news , was the rifle still straight or is it stuffed?

ecomeat

#134 Postby ecomeat » Fri Aug 14, 2015 1:27 pm

I think the rifle itself basically escaped.
600 underway now, with very light frontal winds. Not a cloud in the sky, so plenty of sunburnt faces.
Williada might be wondering about me.....how to go from a 60-8 at 300to a 57-2 at 500......easy when you wind the wrong way twice, so a low six gives way to a 5 just a poofteenth lower (error 1) and shithead trigger puller winds even further the wrong way under pressure and manages a 4 at 6 o'clock.
Pete Smith tells me to go and have a giggle about it :shock:

AlanF

#135 Postby AlanF » Fri Aug 14, 2015 1:47 pm

Must be a little tricky. Only 2 cleans over 300 and 500 in the whole of F-Class, being Bob Ped and Lowell T in F-Open.

And what about the numbers! F-Std 74! F-Open 61! F/TR 40!! Total 175!!! (c.f. TR 123) As Tony said earlier, there are going to be some serious moves in the ozfclass rankings :lol: . And so there should be - to do well in fields of that size is a real feather in your cap.

Return to “Events”