Goondiwindi

Results, photos of recent events, plan future events, let people know where you'll be competing.

Moderator: Mod

Norm

Re: Goondiwindi

#16 Postby Norm » Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:30 pm

Nice looking range.
I may have to make the trip up for the prize meet some time. Especially if that's the way the flags fly up that way.

DannyS

#17 Postby DannyS » Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:16 pm

Yeah, you've gotta love those flags =D> Wish they could send some of them down this way .

Great win Tony, well done. =D>

=D>

Cheers
Danny
You might as well be yourself, everyone else is already taken.

williada

#18 Postby williada » Wed Sep 09, 2015 10:23 pm

Thanks for positing those pictures Graham. It would be good if we could get pictures of every range in Australia on the blogs. It would be good to pass an assessment on, like gullies, high mounds etc to give newbies an appreciation of what will effect their groups just to raise the consciousness of terrain and associated scores.

Maybe Alan could have a pictorial section called, "What's that Range" with some local commentary to help the education of the next crop of shooters. Us older blokes won't be around forever and too much knowledge is lost.

I must say, I am impressed with the pictures and Goondiwindi is one to put on the bucket list. No high mounds here Tony to sap lower velocity nodes and any rifle tuned to the max should perform.

Its the sort of range you could do state team elimination on without having to worry about abnormal conditions. David.

Tim N

#19 Postby Tim N » Thu Sep 10, 2015 11:02 am

Hi All,
I now know where the used Cessnock flags go, when they start to move like a couple in the pic they're sold off :lol:
Occasionally we shoot in conditions where a full 1/4 moa is required...
We don't rise to the level of our expectations, we fall to the level of our training. Archilochos 680-645 BC

plumbs7

#20 Postby plumbs7 » Thu Sep 10, 2015 1:56 pm

Thanks David for the kind words , this was taken very early in the morning. At every range I always walk it before shooting it . Hence that's why the flags are behaving ! Being a western range it shoots true and much like our Dalby range . Anyway , I'm not the top shot around there so somebody maybe able to say some hints , like reading mirage ! Regards Graham.

Return to “Events”