NorthArm opm 2015 24 th and 25 th of October yeh!!!

Results, photos of recent events, plan future events, let people know where you'll be competing.

Moderator: Mod

Norm

Re: NorthArm opm 2015 24 th and 25 th of October yeh!!!

#31 Postby Norm » Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:59 pm

Thanks Graham, always interesting to hear what everyone used.

Tony, no offence meant. Those Hybrids can drive you nuts. I think they need a bit more twist rate than the VLD's to shoot best.

Tod7.62

#32 Postby Tod7.62 » Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:55 pm

Hi Graham.

D Brown 260rem.

D Hatherell 260rem.

Me 223 rem.

Had a great time at North Arm was good to meet you and other forum users.

Was my first open as you know and a great learning experience. Yesterday I was on top of the of the world and today the quick wind changes bought me back to earth but I enjoyed every minute of it.

I was very thankful for the advice given by the experienced shooters to a new comer.

Catch up again soon.

Tod Fleming

Amac

#33 Postby Amac » Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:53 am

Hi Tod

It was great meeting you and I'm sure once you work out the wind issues and get comfortable with the prone F Class shooting that you will start going very well.

It was a great weekend had by all. NARC put on an excellent event that is thoroughly enjoyed by all. They even gave us a little respite in the conditions on Saturday just to put everyone at ease before swallowing them on Sunday. So a big thank you for your hospitality to all and sundry at the North Arm Rifle Club.

Congrats to all. Including Mr McGowan who only managed to pull through following the administering of an epi pen after lowering himself to shoot a Savage True Flite combination. We all thought it may have been too much and sure enough the swelling and welting that came following the shoot was expected by all. Nonetheless given the conditions he drove it pretty well.

Legend has it that tests will reveal that Josh Reid had some type of performance enhancing substance in that water bottle he held onto pretty tightly all weekend too. Whatever it was I'll order a Gallon please Josh.

I hope everyone made it home safely.

On a sad note though I received news late yesterday afternoon that Monto Club Member and Bundaberg shooter Noel Porter passed away on Saturday night. Noel was a regular at the Bundaberg range and he will be sorely missed by all who knew him.

Cheers

Andrew

scott/r

#34 Postby scott/r » Mon Oct 26, 2015 5:20 pm

I'm sorry to hear about Noel, Andrew. Please pass on our condolences.

plumbs7

#35 Postby plumbs7 » Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:35 pm

I'll have to tell the f standard side of the story .day 1 was between B Pickles and A Mac with them trading blows at each range and matching eachother. To end up with that dastardly Mr Pickles coming out on top by 1 x .
Day 2 saw the blood letting with A Mac doing very well with a 174.6 10 points clear of 2 nd place . Thus taking out the grand agg! Well done Andy!

I know C Whitty doesn't want me to advertise the fact but he was telling me how much he likes to support young Tallent in the way of money for components . He has already put another $400 I think it was for the best Tyro at Muckadilla again for next year !

I went to thank him for the split tyro from 2015 Muckadilla OPM and I told him that we bought a whole box of berger hybreds and it went to good use! That my Son is shooting well and told him about that possible he shot at Bundy! I shook his hand and wished him luck!

I walked past him again and he gave me a check for an amount that I'll keep to myself and said buy some more components that he needs ! I was taken back a little but knew not refuse . So I thanked him and it will go to good use ! So very thankfull for his generosity and his love to sponser young members in the sport ! I know he would most likely not me to post this ! But credit is given where it's due !
Hopefully Brenden and I will be at Warwick in a months time!
Regards Graham.

Return to “Events”