State Team F Class Shoot

Results, photos of recent events, plan future events, let people know where you'll be competing.

Moderator: Mod

Warwick Brown

State Team F Class Shoot

#1 Postby Warwick Brown » Fri Oct 27, 2006 7:18 pm

A few of us sandgropers from the west think it's about time that we show you eastern staters that we can shoot F Class standard and open as good as we can play Australian Rules football!
We propose the inaurgral National F Class team shoot take place in Canberra - ACT in 2007. This venue is probably a resonably central location and we know that not many of you would come over west for the first team shoot here, but the year after you guy's will have to, to try to win the trophy back.

The challange will be agreeing on a place and time and team rules!
4 person top off scores for both? Do we have a team coach each?

Lets discuss and make it work for next year shooters..........

Open table.....
Perceive-Believe-Achieve

Lynn Otto

#2 Postby Lynn Otto » Fri Oct 27, 2006 7:26 pm

Hey Warwick

I can't make it to Canberra next year but I think it's a great idea and I'd be up for it the following year (no more exams hooray). I figure by 2008 I get a holiday whether I go to Canberra or WA depending on where the trophy ended up, lol. :D
Lynn

Matt P

#3 Postby Matt P » Fri Oct 27, 2006 8:45 pm

Warick
Got my vote. Four person teams plus coach if desired, held over 300, 500 and 800m 3 and 10 or 15 at each range. I would suggest if we get enough intrest we get in contact with ACT and see if we can make it happen, the Mon after the Queens and make it a 1 day match to start with.

Matt P

RDavies

#4 Postby RDavies » Sun Oct 29, 2006 2:28 pm

Who will decide who gets to shoot in the team? I dont think there is any grading or rating system system which will work in QLD as Southern QLD shooters never get to shoot against North QLD shooters and I would think the problem would be more so in West OZ. It would be good if it can happen though.

balcom

#5 Postby balcom » Sun Oct 29, 2006 4:31 pm

RDavies wrote:Who will decide who gets to shoot in the team? I dont think there is any grading or rating system system which will work in QLD as Southern QLD shooters never get to shoot against North QLD shooters and I would think the problem would be more so in West OZ. It would be good if it can happen though.

One would think that you would do the same as state teams, Qld, Nth Qld, NSW etc, probably supply your scores to your state body and pick a squad, then have shoots to find your final team, having a state squad of persons that are interested in shooting teams is a start and go from there.
Also see if there is funding available as we are all part of the game same as TR.
PeterH.

RAVEN

#6 Postby RAVEN » Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:16 am

Great idea and it is something we as a f-group should work towards
I would be interested
Team selection may come down to who is willing to go
Would the winning state host the teams match the following year?
Cheers
RB

Warwick Brown

#7 Postby Warwick Brown » Tue Oct 31, 2006 11:42 pm

It would be nice to see each state and territory enter an open and standard team. How each team is made up is up to the people from each state interested in comming along.
Yes :lol: I think that the winning state should host the following year's event and maybe we could look at a billeting system for shooters interested, by means of this forum. Put it to good use - so to speak.
We could do a combination score from the ACT Queens or as Matt sugested have the shoot the day after the ACT Queens as a separate event. Plenty to discuss and plenty of time to fine tune the idea.
Hit the middle............
Perceive-Believe-Achieve

Yogi

#8 Postby Yogi » Tue Dec 05, 2006 8:34 pm

Warwick

As the originator of this topic, why don't you lay out what you think the rules for he Teams competition should be to give the rest of the Forum members something to think about and perhaps suggst improvements.

ie: how many to a Team - 4,6,8?, shooting or non-shooting coaches?, FS or FO or mix?, championship or full bore targets?, ranges?, program of future events - follow national teams or make own circuit?, one match or multiple matches?, one day or more of competion?

As the programme for matches for Canberra next year has already been laid out, it may be difficult to run a competition there unless you did in on the day when the U25 teams are shooting.

I'm sure that SA shooters would look with interest at your concept.

Yogi

balcom

#9 Postby balcom » Wed Dec 06, 2006 8:25 am

Yogi wrote:Warwick

As the originator of this topic, why don't you lay out what you think the rules for he Teams competition should be to give the rest of the Forum members something to think about and perhaps suggst improvements.

ie: how many to a Team - 4,6,8?, shooting or non-shooting coaches?, FS or FO or mix?, championship or full bore targets?, ranges?, program of future events - follow national teams or make own circuit?, one match or multiple matches?, one day or more of competion?

As the programme for matches for Canberra next year has already been laid out, it may be difficult to run a competition there unless you did in on the day when the U25 teams are shooting.

I'm sure that SA shooters would look with interest at your concept.

Yogi

Yogi,
Are you asking if the shooters are going to run this annual event or the NRAA,. the Vets are in trouble with this problem at the moment as we now have two Vets, the National NRAA Vets team and the any other.
Think about it .
PeterH

balcom

State Teams

#10 Postby balcom » Wed Dec 06, 2006 1:35 pm

Hi All,
I have sent an Email to NSWRA in reguards to the starting of a state teams event, if we want to get it going please send a letter or motion to your state council as I have done, I believe it would be better if it was handled by the NRA especially if we want to go national,but I am sure others will not agree, addresses are in the 2nd page of our shooting mag.
Cheers :D :D :D
PeterH

Warwick Brown

#11 Postby Warwick Brown » Wed Dec 27, 2006 4:43 pm

Hi. Sorry for not responding for a while.
In reply to Yogi. Yes the team shoot should be run through NRA as it is or will be an NRA run range that it takes place on and then there are the insurance issues to consider if it is done elsewhere. The other thing to keep in mind is we are not trying to become a splinter group or a different body to the NRA in any way. We are members of the NRA and should run the team shoot as close to NRA full bore rules as possible to expect to be taken seriously by the NRA.
So I would suggest a 4 person team with coach, shooting or non shooting
and for the shoot to be held in Canberra in November for the following reasons:
1. It will give each state time to select their respective teams and save enough money to go as well as give enough notice at work to put up for time off.
2. It is the most central location for all states to travel to and remember before any of you eastern states start bitching, us sandgropers will be doing over 3000km to any of your ranges.
3. Open and Stardard teams would be good although it will come down to numbers.
4. I think to really get this off the ground we need an open and stardard organiser from each state to start things happening in each state.
5. Looks like the teams event would need to be run the day after the queens finishes or if there is a lay day, before the Queens starts.
(haven't seen a program yet)

How about some people puting up their hand for state organisers in open and standard form each state as it's not next year any more it's this one...........
Perceive-Believe-Achieve

balcom

State Teams

#12 Postby balcom » Wed Dec 27, 2006 5:18 pm

Warwick,
I would suggest that we wait for a direction from our state body or the NRAA, as usual I have not received any notification as to my Email to the NSWRA...... just my thoughts.
PeterH 8)

Warwick Brown

#13 Postby Warwick Brown » Wed Dec 27, 2006 6:37 pm

Balcom- We may be waiting a long time if we leave it up to TR shooters.
We should still get the ball rolling or it will turn into a triangle very quickly.

Yes your idea of notification to NRA of our intentions is good and SOMEONE from each state needs to do it ....the more the merrier.
Perceive-Believe-Achieve

balcom

#14 Postby balcom » Wed Dec 27, 2006 9:47 pm

Warwick Brown wrote:Balcom- We may be waiting a long time if we leave it up to TR shooters.
We should still get the ball rolling or it will turn into a triangle very quickly.

Yes your idea of notification to NRA of our intentions is good and SOMEONE from each state needs to do it ....the more the merrier.

Warwick,
Has anybody from other states done so yet?????????
PeterH

Warwick Brown

#15 Postby Warwick Brown » Thu Dec 28, 2006 12:23 pm

Not that I know of. You are the only one that has done so to my knowledge.
Hopefully you are a trendsetter.
Perceive-Believe-Achieve

Return to “Events”