NSW OPM RESULTS AND GRADING LINKS

Results, photos of recent events, plan future events, let people know where you'll be competing.

Moderator: Mod

John S

NSW OPM RESULTS AND GRADING LINKS

#1 Postby John S » Sun Feb 07, 2016 3:18 pm

AlanF

Re: NSW OPM RESULTS AND GRADING LINKS

#2 Postby AlanF » Sun Feb 07, 2016 7:13 pm

John,

If the NRAA website is going to be used as the sole online source for results, then it would be better if at least range scores were submitted as well. It makes more interesting reading to see how a shooter does at shorter and longer ranges. Also, it gives encouragement to those battlers who have an occasional very good range score. I understand that the NRAA user interface still has a way to go, but until its fully sorted, there's no law against putting up full results on a local website.

Alan

John S

#3 Postby John S » Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:11 pm

Alan,

Point taken, however sometimes we have to work with the information provided by an OPM organiser.

As organisers become confident with the NRAA program, then most results reported will be shot by shot, range by range.

Local websites should be encouraged to publish their results.

The NRAA results and grading system is a very cleverly designed system, unique to the shooting sports.

Cheers

John S

johnk

#4 Postby johnk » Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:45 pm

What it would cost a remote country club to run a shoot on line using a mobile phone for their data connection?

I am correct that the program requires the user to be on line to make all entries. aren't I?

John S

#5 Postby John S » Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:23 am

John, I cannot answer the cost of using mobile broadband for a OPM meet.

Yes you are correct access to the internet is required to enter the data with the OPM organiser entering during or after the event. I have used a 3G mobile broad to enter data, however if I had a choice I would select 4G for speed.

As far as the program goes the user has the option of enter shot by shot or aggregate for the range or if the aggregate for the day. The State administrator would discuss this with the user at some point. When designing the competition online for the OPM organiser, I initially assume shot by shot entry as most shooters prefer that level of detail.

In NSW OPM organisers without good internet access or computer skills are offered assistance with the data entry after the event. One I entered from photographs of the score board!

One thing I would encourage is for new members to contact their State / Territory Association to obtain a SID number. Having a SID makes life easier for the OPM statistician in IDing the shooter and is essential to the workings of the NRAA program.

Cheers

John S

macguru

#6 Postby macguru » Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:03 am

The Blue Mtns DRA results were there by the time I got home... (6pm) well done everyone involved and congrats the winners
id quod est

Anthony H

#7 Postby Anthony H » Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:08 pm

What it would cost a remote country club to run a shoot on line using a mobile phone for their data connection?

I am correct that the program requires the user to be on line to make all entries. aren't I?

I used the program for the Atherton Open last September. I used my mobile phone connected to my laptop via bluetooth. I only was connected to the internet when I had to enter scores, which I did after each range in one go. I have to say the data used was not an issue.

Anthony.

Return to “Events”