15 shot F Class Challenge at Belmont

Results, photos of recent events, plan future events, let people know where you'll be competing.

Moderator: Mod

ecomeat

15 shot F Class Challenge at Belmont

#1 Postby ecomeat » Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:46 pm

The "F Class Challenge" of 2 + 15 at 1000 yds was held this afternoon at Belmont, in conjunction with the Archer Shield for TR. Many thanks to Kerrod Linley for sponsoring the event and for altering the programme by replacing "Optical Class" with the F Class Challenge. This meant that any F Class compliant rifle could be used to chase the $350 total F Class prize pool.
Yes Josh Reid, there was real money up for grabs !!
My Beaudesert club mate Stephen Nelson was in awesome form and shot 89-4/90 to take home the $200 first prize, shooting his Bartlein barrelled 284 Win.
Second Place, and just one point back on 88-6/90 , and picking up $100 Prizemoney was Mark Fairbairn, shooting his Bartlein barrelled 7 SAUM.
I collected third money of $50 with my 86-5/90 shooting my "dud" Bartlein barrelled 284 Win that Craig McGowan gave to me.......so Bartlein barrels were 1,2 and 3.
Fourth place and just 1 x X behind me was Daryl Barlow, shooting very big bullets in a Maddco barrelled 308.
Notable that Wild Dog "Smithed" 1st, 2nd and 4th of which he was justifiably proud.
Not far behind were a number of others. Alan Fraser shot his uniquely profiled Bartlein in 7Shehane for an 86-1.
Lowell Tillack was the very first shooter and had an 85-5 with a Bartlein 7 SAUM, and Andrew McKillop had an unlucky last couple of shots after a great start to drop 6 and end on 84 something
Denis Aarons shot his 300 WSM , which is certainly a beautiful bit of craftsmanship and looks superbly smooth to shoot, but had no luck with the wind and ended down 11.
MIke Samuels had a day he probably wants to forget and finished down 15.
Mike Waites (Bartman007 on ozfclass) from Vic was there but didn't enter in time, and they couldn't fit him in. Andrew Blaiklock suffered the same fate.
It was a good afternoons shoot with relatively light but tricky winds and a perfect sight picture with a 50 power March scope. Lowell Tillack was unlucky as he had fishtailing headwinds to cope with as first shooter . They quickly settled down to be predominately left wind that only got up to 2.5moa during my own shoot and didn't seem to be much more for others. Mark Fairbairn was giving his good 7SAUM an outing and had similar wind on as he shot. He actually had the first 13 all in the right place, but finished with a pair of 5's..........which probably cost him right on $100 .......or $50 each :D :D
Extreme accuracy and precision shooting at long range can be a very addictive pastime.

LoneRider

Re: 15 shot F Class Challenge at Belmont

#2 Postby LoneRider » Mon Aug 08, 2016 10:49 pm

sounds like fun.... :lol:

AlanF

#3 Postby AlanF » Tue Aug 09, 2016 12:08 am

Thanks Tony. As ever, your reporting efforts are appreciated.

RDavies

#4 Postby RDavies » Tue Aug 09, 2016 6:44 pm

It is great to see organisers willing to go outside the square and do something different. Longer shot strings and all 1000yds is certainly different to what we see in my area. How about Bisley style next year???

Return to “Events”