South Australian State Championships - the "Queens"

Results, photos of recent events, plan future events, let people know where you'll be competing.

Moderator: Mod

ajvanwyk

Re: South Australian State Championships - the "Queens"

#31 Postby ajvanwyk » Tue May 02, 2017 4:23 pm

BenW wrote:Still waiting on scores who won what, having withdrawal no scores on NRAA. :?

Only the National Teams running at the moment. The scores thus far can be found here: https://www.nraa.com.au/national-f-class-team-results/
Albert
Rosedale Rifle Club
Australian Points Series

BenW

#32 Postby BenW » Tue May 02, 2017 7:19 pm

I thought I deleted that post cause I realised that it hadn't started yet. :oops: But still have friends in the teams so will have a look. Thanks

AlanF

#33 Postby AlanF » Fri May 05, 2017 12:08 pm

Well done Rod Davies, Darren Chapman, Mark Fairbairn and Steve Wuttke in the Hunt. Looks like the 900 was a little easier than in the F Teams :D .

Now its time for the main game. The 300 scores suggest it was a bit tricky. TR numbers are well down on last year (41 vs 53). Obviously F-class numbers are boosted by the preceding FCWC practice and State Teams events, but all the same 101 shooters is very impressive. I'll need to check but 36 is the largest Australian F/TR field I can recall.

Anyway, I hope everyone has their fair share of luck.

PS. Just checked and Qld Queens 2015 had 38 in F/TR.

AlanF

#34 Postby AlanF » Sat May 06, 2017 7:46 pm

I can't make any sense of the progressive scores on the NRAA website. Here's what I think the progressive score are in all F classes :
SAQueens2017Progessive.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

johnk

#35 Postby johnk » Sat May 06, 2017 9:23 pm

Looks about what the web site says.

ajvanwyk

#36 Postby ajvanwyk » Sat May 06, 2017 9:26 pm

AlanF wrote:I can't make any sense of the progressive scores on the NRAA website. Here's what I think the progressive score are in all F classes :
SAQueens2017Progessive.pdf

Thanks Alan, I think they've now corrected the progressive scores on the nraa website. It certainly was very hard to make sense of.
Albert
Rosedale Rifle Club
Australian Points Series

Tim N

#37 Postby Tim N » Sat May 06, 2017 9:34 pm

Hi All,
This event has been very well run and even after being convincingly beaten on several ranges by a school girl with a 223(well done Jascinta !!!) I have no complaints.
Marking for this event has been exceptional, maybe this will become the premier non ET queens in Australia?
Only 2 ranges to go and drawing inspiration from Steve Bradbury I'm looking forward to tomorrow :D
We don't rise to the level of our expectations, we fall to the level of our training. Archilochos 680-645 BC

AlanF

#38 Postby AlanF » Sun May 07, 2017 2:32 pm

=D> =D> =D> =D> Well that was an enjoyable Queens to watch online as the results unfolded - strong fields in all F classes - and no disgrace to finish back in the pack. Congrats to the Bradleys in F-Std (father and daughter?) And well done to Chris Allman in F/TR - the big fella's very hard to beat. And last but not least Stuey Braund in F-Open - what a great performance by one of the gentlemen of our sport. And congrats to all those who ran the winners close.

macguru

#39 Postby macguru » Sun May 07, 2017 3:19 pm

Interesting to see that there were only 39 target rifle shooters and 100 in F classes for the main event.
id quod est

Ben F

#40 Postby Ben F » Sun May 07, 2017 5:07 pm

Just to state the obvious Andrew you would find that a lot of the FCWC and State team members stayed on for the main event, unfortunately I wasn't one of them.
Congratulations to all the competitors and especially the winners.

RDavies

#41 Postby RDavies » Sun May 07, 2017 5:29 pm

Congrats to all the winners, they all did a great job.
Congratulations also to SARA for such a well run event.
The range was well prepared, facilities and catering were good and the target pullers were in general the best I have ever seen over the whole 7 days. The squadding worked fairly well with most shooters shooting at similar times to their competitors.
Now that Belmont is rumoured to be regressing to erratic , sorry, electronic targets, it seems a few of us will be switching our annual pilgrimage to Lower Light from now on.

macguru

#42 Postby macguru » Sun May 07, 2017 6:48 pm

Ben, the teams certainly resulted in the best FTR turn out I have ever heard about. Congrats to all the winners and those who make the long drive from the eastern states.
id quod est

plumbs7

#43 Postby plumbs7 » Sun May 07, 2017 7:00 pm

I heard along the grapevine that Tr shooters were trying out for Commonwealth games !?? But not reliable info ! Some other people may know more !

DenisA

#44 Postby DenisA » Sun May 07, 2017 7:33 pm

I think the Aus Cup was on at Belmont

Havnfun

#45 Postby Havnfun » Sun May 07, 2017 8:44 pm

Well done to Darren and Jacinta Bradley.
Clean sweep for Darren in FSA and all but for Jacinta in FSB ,great result for a father and daughter. Great for our sport.
Great results for Stuart Braund in FO and Chris Allman FTR.
SARA ran a great event. Markers and range staff were excellent.
Cheers H

Return to “Events”