Lyndhurst 2017 OPM

Results, photos of recent events, plan future events, let people know where you'll be competing.

Moderator: Mod

Hodgie

Lyndhurst 2017 OPM

#1 Postby Hodgie » Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:15 am

Who's going? Three maybe four from N. Syd.

GrahamW

Re: Lyndhurst 2017 OPM

#2 Postby GrahamW » Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:55 am

Hodgie wrote:Who's going? Three maybe four from N. Syd.

Best bet is to check in the Events section here --> Lyndhurst OPM

Anyone that's planning to go can (should) use the Participants List.

8-)

Ben F

#3 Postby Ben F » Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:30 pm

Very disappointing FTR turnout, one competitor.

I remember when FO struggled to find a PM to go to not too long ago through lack of participant support.
Last edited by Ben F on Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

macguru

#4 Postby macguru » Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:07 pm

A well deserved win in FO by Adrian Siebel from hornsby RSL (for the 2 day grand agg)
another FSA win for Ralph Garlick who would have placed 3rd in FO from his score,
and Jim Jeffrey TR did not drop a point all weekend !

other highlights were 60.9s from matt paroz & ben ferrara at 500y on the first morning,
and matching 60.10s from them at 500 on the second morning :)
Great scores, great equipment, lots of good shooters.... and probably one of the best 5-600yd ranges/OPMs in NSW.

Re FTR: It seems like the same people that shoot FA would/could shoot FTR, but FA is thriving and well established. There would need to be a rule change or incentive to get those talented/contented FA shooters to switch to FTR. I am not sure if thats possible given the success of FA in Australia ?

cheers Andrew

PS. Thank you for the apples Malcolm Sharp ! great eating...
Last edited by macguru on Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
id quod est

johnk

#5 Postby johnk » Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:05 pm

One change would be needed. Change the ICFRA rules to make the discipline F class for Target rifle/international Palma (as the Canucks designed it) not F class for US .308 Palma rifle rifle.

mike H

#6 Postby mike H » Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:00 pm

Ben F,
I see what you see about the FTR entries,I wouldn't worry about it,FTR will grow or die on it' s own merits or demands.As a committed FTR shooter I went for it because it was an international competition and I was turned off F/standard because I didn't agree with the liberal rules for the match.Having seen FO rise from the ashes,so to speak,I think FTR will grow,all it needs is a few shooters to support it,already we have die hard F/S shooters in the National Team for the 2017 World Championships,if they come home and continue with FTR,it will probably be enough to ensure it's growth.
Mike.

Barry Davies

#7 Postby Barry Davies » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:19 am

As has been proven over the years, FS is the basis for all F class -- the entry level as some would have it!! -- the cheapest way to shoot F Class competitively.
The rules for FS are no more or less liberal than FO or FTR. If one wants to discuss liberties then consider FTR has ---
Any weight and make of projectile ( 308 ) FS is limited to 155 gn and specific manufacturers. ( 308 )
Safe trigger. FS is limited to 1 Kg.
Any propellent, FS is limited to specific propellents.
The plus side for FS is an extra 1.75 Kg in overall weight and the use of a rest. The 1.75 Kg is debatable and many of the Top FS shooters use a bipod.
The " international " side of it is not relevant as it affects an extremely small percentage of members, the rest could'nt care less, and probably could'nt afford it anyway.
So, where are the " liberal " rules for FS ?
Considering the poor numbers that shoot all disciplines of NRAA Full bore, beggars cannot be choosers. Any discipline that will increase our membership should be embraced ( international status or not )
I don't wish to be critical of any discipline but FTR has been around long enough but has not as yet attracted sufficient numbers to make it viable at most PM's. So, all you FTR shooters it's up to you to promote your discipline if you want to see it prosper. Currently all you need to do is turn up and you'r a winner.
One FTR ( or any other discipline ) at a PM is pathetic.

Return to “Events”