North QLD Queens

Results, photos of recent events, plan future events, let people know where you'll be competing.

Moderator: Mod

RDavies

North QLD Queens

#1 Postby RDavies » Thu May 18, 2017 1:38 pm

The lead up for the NQRA Queens is already run and no gossip om here yet.
Come on, what it is happening up in tropical paradise?

Pommy Chris

Re: North QLD Queens

#2 Postby Pommy Chris » Thu May 18, 2017 1:59 pm

I sadly wont make the whole event, but should be able to shoot last couple of days if nothing else goes wrong (problems involving one of my rentals and me with arm up sewer pipes, yes it was smelly..).
From what I hear everyone is getting washed away with the rain so far, hopefully it subsides a bit for the main even.
Good luck everyone, cant wait to get there even if it is raining :)
Chris

RDavies

#3 Postby RDavies » Thu May 18, 2017 2:05 pm

I just checked the weather and it seems Brownsville is getting 80mm of rain today!!!!
I thought that was its yearly average?
Oh well, it is only 30mm tomorrow,

plumbs7

#4 Postby plumbs7 » Thu May 18, 2017 4:56 pm

As of last night .

plumbs7

#5 Postby plumbs7 » Thu May 18, 2017 8:06 pm

Ok from our local Se Qld FB page Julian D took out the lead up with a 60.9 at 700 in open with of corse a Saum ! The rest of the day rained out ! Glenn E from Crows Nest took out fs B .
Results on Nraa Page .

Longranger

#6 Postby Longranger » Fri May 19, 2017 12:33 am

Still pissing down rain here... The Wilson match on day 2 somewhat abbreviated.

I'm shooting the Queen's but not keen on a soaking. A pity one of the mound SDU's was taken out on the TMRC APM... This reduced the number of targets available to 8. Not the best outcome at the best of times but with this weather... There will be an interesting committee meeting regarding this...

Julian D

#7 Postby Julian D » Fri May 19, 2017 4:11 am

20170518_120714.jpg

Did this off my phone, not sure why it's on it side.
Can't fix it now .....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

RDavies

#8 Postby RDavies » Fri May 19, 2017 6:53 am

Longranger wrote:Still pissing down rain here... The Wilson match on day 2 somewhat abbreviated.

I'm shooting the Queen's but not keen on a soaking. A pity one of the mound SDU's was taken out on the TMRC APM... This reduced the number of targets available to 8. Not the best outcome at the best of times but with this weather... There will be an interesting committee meeting regarding this...

Just wondering, what is an SDU??

Steve N

#9 Postby Steve N » Fri May 19, 2017 9:19 am

RDavies wrote:
Longranger wrote:Still pissing down rain here... The Wilson match on day 2 somewhat abbreviated.

Just wondering, what is an SDU??

Main control unit for the ETs. One of the two died so now apparently only eight targets can be used.
None being used now though due to rain. Well over 100mm in the past 24 hours and still coming. Hoping it will fine up soon...

DaveMc

#10 Postby DaveMc » Sun May 21, 2017 8:51 am

I am obviously not there but getting a bit of feedback form the coal face. Yes obviously they had a very rare rain event that held up proceedings for a couple of days but yesterday went down fine and looks OK for today.
Some magnificent scores coming through and great to see Peter Smith recovered well from the SA trip and is still on fire. Marty chasing hard.

A nice 60.10 opening round from Stevo in his first major run in FO and a 60.9 by Peter Carter at 900m is nothing to be sneezed at either.

A little more breeze forecast for today up here and Townsville can get tricky for the last range with a miragy slop and fishtailing tailwind likely. - Hard to catch the likes of Peter Smith and Marty in those conditions.....

DaveMc

#11 Postby DaveMc » Sun May 21, 2017 12:04 pm

Peter smith and Marty Lobert just cleaned a queens!!!!

AlanF

#12 Postby AlanF » Sun May 21, 2017 12:11 pm

Congrats to Peter, making up for his shot on the wrong target last year :lol: \:D/ =D> .

Craig McGowan

#13 Postby Craig McGowan » Sun May 21, 2017 8:09 pm

Well done to all the Winners, especially Peter Smith. Good to see Marty, Phillip, Peter Carter and Stephen right there.

From what I heard though, Marty had a handy cap, as he had no sleep for two days due to Laz snoring so much. :lol:
Last edited by Craig McGowan on Mon May 22, 2017 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pjifl

#14 Postby pjifl » Sun May 21, 2017 9:03 pm

Thanks to all for the kind words. But I want to especially thank many people for the help they gave me carrying and moving gear.
The National Shooting Movement contains a lot of great people and it is a privilege to know them !

The 2017 Townsville Queens ended up being its usual relaxed friendly event despite a problematic start due to extreme weather. Then two days of perfect NQ winter weather descended on us. Conditions were very light but at times tricky and seeing was sometimes quite poor.

For what it's worth, My NF Comp scope never did anything questionable despite the operator behind it !
In FO, the difference between shooters was really quite small, and most of the individual range prizes were taken out by awesome scores better than mine.

Peter Smith.

RDavies

#15 Postby RDavies » Sun May 21, 2017 9:39 pm

Congrats to Both Peter and Marty who was only a few Xs back and to all the others who were only a few points back in F Open.

Congrats to Mark Azzopardi for winning F/tr and to Nick Williamson for yet another convincing win in F std.

Also a hand to Charles Arrowsmith for his first win in TR. =D> =D> =D>

It sounds like once again the NQ Queens and Townsville range in general was a good fun competition with a good mob of blokes. I gotta get back that way again some time.

Craig McGowan wrote:Well done to all the Winners, especially Peter Smith. Good to see Marty, Phillip, PK and Stephen right there.

From what I heard though, Marty had a handy cap, as he had no sleep for two days due to Laz snoring so much. :lol:

Marty, why didn't you just roll over and dig him in the ribs?

Return to “Events”