Vic Queens F-Open Diary

Results, photos of recent events, plan future events, let people know where you'll be competing.

Moderator: Mod

Paul Janzso

VIC QUEENS

#16 Postby Paul Janzso » Mon Mar 12, 2007 1:18 am

Hi Allan

That was a great catchup, best of luck tommorow, thank's for posting the scores.

Cheers
p b
:shock:
Time's a wasted wot's not spent shooti'n BARNARD 300WSM's

Paul Janzso

#17 Postby Paul Janzso » Mon Mar 12, 2007 1:19 am

oops it is monday

#18 Postby Guest » Mon Mar 12, 2007 6:14 am

Much better Alan. Like the rule book, you have just got to get the meaning correct otherwise you run the risk of Mis-interpretation.
Barry.

balcom

#19 Postby balcom » Mon Mar 12, 2007 6:25 am

AlanF wrote:Hello F-Open non-attendees,

As expected we have 6 in addition to the Syme :

Paul McCarthy is using a 6 Dasher then a 30-284
Wayne McFarlane has a 284Win
Gary Hunt and Rod Mahon both have 6BRs
And I am back in F-Open with a 6.5-284.

Queens Day 1 Results

Paul Read has drawn away again with some very good shooting, with a few of us trying to keep in touch. The trouble is with this bloke he could keep pulling away at the longs! Did you send him to fill in for you Matt P? :D A few have had more than their share of problems. Kevin Wilkins was bowling along very nicely until what looked like a bad barrel fouling problem at the 3rd range. Shane Quaintmere is continuing to experience the elevation problems he had in the Syme, and Rod Mahon has been popping primers.

Given this is his first Queens and he's using a factory rifle, Albert Mikulandra is putting up an impressive performance with some very tight groups at the shorts.

As always, it ain't over till the longs, so anyone within 15 or so points of the lead before the 900 tomorrow could figure in the finish. Weather looks conducive to some good scores at 600 tomorrow, fine with light winds, although things can get very tricky here even in light conditions.

Catch you again tomorrow night.

Alan :)

Hi Alan,
No offence taken on my behalf, I am not there but good to see the results and any info.
PeterH

AlanF

#20 Postby AlanF » Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:44 am

Hello again (from back home),

The Vic Queens has been and gone again - all over too quick I reckon!

Congrats to Paul Read. He showed us how its done, and for a first shoot in Open it was pretty impressive. I think it gives us an indication of what either F-Class can expect when a top wind-reader from TR decides to try a scope. Paul gratiously attributed a good part of his success to a very accurate rifle, but it was his skill and experience with picking the conditions that really counted.

If you're reading this Paul, thanks for giving Open a go, and I hope you do it again soon. I think you've probably put a seed in the minds of a few TR shooters who are considering F-Class, that F-Std isn't the only option. Its not quite as straight-foward as making the move to F-Std, because it usually involves the change to a different calibre from .308 or .223. However I'm sure you'll agree that there's a lot of satisfaction when you can consistently get shots into that very small 10 ring.

Also thanks to Gary Hunt and Rod Mahon, for bringing along their 6BRs. Gary finished 4th and Rod would have been nearer the lead too if it wasn't for an equipment problem on day 1.

And even though our interstate F-Open visitors were down a little on last year, a big thanks to those who were able to get here : Kel and Kevin from Brisbane, and Albert from Murray Bridge.

There is a problem on the Aggs page on the VRA website, so here are some links which will give the component scores :

Days 1 and 2 Progressive

Day 3 Agg

So I'll be back next year more determined than ever. Have been the bridesmaid at 2 Vic Queens now - definitely unfinished business!

Alan :D

RAVEN

#21 Postby RAVEN » Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:28 pm

Congratulations to the winners and the rest of the competitors =D> sorry my brother and I could not be there for this event due to unforseen circumstances :( as we had a blast last year \:D/ .
Hope to get to the Horsham OPM sure looks like it a biggy for F-Class
Cheers and well done by all
RB
:)
Last edited by RAVEN on Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Paul Janzso

#22 Postby Paul Janzso » Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:27 am

Hi Raven

Will you be at the teams match on Saturday at Lower Light?

Cheers
p b
:shock:

John E

#23 Postby John E » Wed Mar 14, 2007 9:53 am

Congratulations to Adam Davies and Paul Read for their impressive wins in FSA and FO, and a special congratulation to Wilf Wright for winning the inaugural FSB event. Barry Davies is also to be commended on his grading system for FS --- when you look at all the aggregates you will see that it was spot on. Well done Barry.
I didn't hear any adverse comments about the new Rules, in fact everyone seemed to be very happy about them. The introduction of FB Grade resulted in an increased number of entries from people who have not shot a Queens in years, and the medals and prizes were spread around a group of very happy people.
Thanks to Lynn Otto for arranging the supply of the white centres for shoot-offs --- there was only one shoot-off, and I didn't get there until it was almost finished. The white spot was hit only once, and was scored as 6.1 and was signalled by placing the wand above the centre.
All in all, the event was a great success in every aspect -- I thought the FO numbers were respectable and the FS numbers were very good, and everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves, which is what it is all about.
Regards
John

Return to “Events”