FCWC 2021

Results, photos of recent events, plan future events, let people know where you'll be competing.

Moderator: Mod

Tim L

FCWC 2021

#1 Postby Tim L » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:23 am

OK so a little bit early maybe (although the US have already named their team), but this post is about getting action from the NRAA.
As many will know the next FCWC is scheduled in South Africa, and also that SA pulled out of hosting the next Commonwealth Games. That decision was, apparently, financially driven, but there are a few other issues over there. The SA team in Canada were very confident of being able to succesfully host, but there is always the possibility that it could be a problem. The poms have already put their hands up to host in the event its necessary and I think we should too. Belmont is a superb facility.
If this is to happen it needs to be presented to the NRAA board in the correct manner so this post is simply asking anyone who supports the idea to talk/write or email their Club/District/State reps and council members.
We have so many discussions on here about how to effect change and it always comes down to this.
If you support the initiative start talking and put it to the people who can take it upstairs.
I'll try and get a template letter done and consolidate contact details so you can just print sign and post , or cut and paste as is your preference.

DenisA

Re: FCWC 2021

#2 Postby DenisA » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:54 am

In an instance like this (and others), would it be effective to write a petition for each State, have the Fclass community members sign the relevant one and then have one councillor from each state submit the petition / letter?

Tim L

#3 Postby Tim L » Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:17 pm

I think that's pretty much the mechanism we have Denis. It's an option I've not written off, a change.org petition would make it easier for people to be heard, but on the flip side I was thinking it could be taken as "flipping the bird" at the system.

I don't want to start an argument, I was thinking we give it a bit of time and see if the support is genuinely there and if it is maybe do a state by state petition down the line a bit.

Happy for input, it helps quantify the support.

bruce moulds

#4 Postby bruce moulds » Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:43 pm

yes the movers and shakers up there will probably see merit in this and desist from saying "we can't do it because (insert excuse)".
"SUCH IS LIFE" Edward Kelly 11 nov 1880
http://youtu.be/YRaRCCZjdTM

ShaneG

#5 Postby ShaneG » Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:29 am

I am sure all the Australian F Class community would have loved to host the 2021 World Championship.
Belmont is more than capable of hosting it.
And it is well past our turn to do so plus having 2 back to back FO Championships as well as Silver for F/TR and Rod winning FO.
3 Australians in top 10 for FO!
But this needs to move very, very quickly!
From a pure safety aspect Australia is a much more preferable venue than RSA or even UK for that matter!

ajvanwyk

#6 Postby ajvanwyk » Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:42 pm

Tim,

I think you have raised an important topic for conversation. Thank you.

I want to inform you that I will be raising it at the Victorian Rifle Association, council meeting this Sunday. Additionally I have reached out to counselors at two other state and territories to do the same.

The importance of this for me, is not only the possibility of hosting the FCWC but also the need to be considerably more proactive in both planning and selection processes.

Albert
Albert
Rosedale Rifle Club
Australian Points Series

Tim L

#7 Postby Tim L » Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:46 pm

Good to hear Albert, I don't know how true the story is that the NRAA has never volunteered to host, but either way I think (for the reasons Shane raises) its high time we did.
2021 my not be an option but 2029 could be.
Many of those shooting now may not make that team, but they could be amongst the movers and shakers by then.
Which States are you covering Albert? I'll innitiate the discussion up here in NQ we need someone on the other States to do likewise. In fact every one reading this needs to make the point of having this discussion.

Matt P

#8 Postby Matt P » Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:22 pm

Hi Guys
I will raise this at NSWRA, we have a council meeting next weekend.
Matt Paroz

Elwood

#9 Postby Elwood » Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:55 pm

Now I might have been miss informed or heard incorrectly, but I was told by someone in the know that in order to host a FCWC you must have participated in three FCWC. I'm not sure if that's three in succession or three in total. Apparently you guys took part in the last two, or so I heard :D

Having missed the last two FCWC (Since I started F class) due to work commitments at the time year they were held, I'm all for you Aussies hosting a FCWC, unless of course it's over GB.
Imagine my joy when I heard that the 2021 FCWC was going to be held in South Africa at a time of year that I could go, only to find out that most GB shooters won't be going due to logistical and security reasons. I think it's highly unlikely that GB will be able to field two sixteen man teams (my opinion I'm not speaking on behalf of the GBFCA) it's early days yet and people may change their minds, but it doesn't look good.

AlanF

#10 Postby AlanF » Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:56 am

Elwood wrote:...most GB shooters won't be going due to logistical and security reasons...

Is that due to problems unique to South Africa or would it also be the case with an Australian FCWC?

ajvanwyk

#11 Postby ajvanwyk » Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:45 am

Being South African by birth, and having left more than 10 years ago, I might have shared the concerns that some are speaking of. However, having been back last year June, specifically in Johannesburg and Bloemfontein I firmly believe that the threats (at that stage) was nothing more than could be expected anywhere else.

The place was clean and quiet. Bloemfontein is a wonderful City and knowing the S.A. contingent I have no doubts that they are capable of hosting a great event. Ultimately alot can happen in 3 + years and I am certainly happy to see the first step to that taken by the ruling party (getting rid of Zuma)

Albert
Albert
Rosedale Rifle Club
Australian Points Series

Elwood

#12 Postby Elwood » Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:46 am

Problems specific to South Africa Alan.

Matt P

#13 Postby Matt P » Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:51 am

Tim
What exactly are we asking the NRAA to do ??? I think we need to be very clear what we want so it doesn't get lost in translation.
Regards Matt Paroz

GSells

#14 Postby GSells » Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:02 pm

I have some security concerns with S.A. that may make me not nominate . Also the question of powder with adi possibly hard to get .
I was talking to a Kiwi shooter sharing the same concerns with security .

It maybe also our cars get broken into with a front rest or something of value getting pinched or a wallet etc . IT would put a cold shower on the whole experience.
Anyway another year at least or more before noms start I guess , so we may know more of the state of security of S.A. by then .

mike H

#15 Postby mike H » Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:35 pm

I am sure this issue has been raised with the best of intentions,however I would urge care and diplomacy before Australia becomes the nation seen as trying to jump the queue as well as bad mouthing another nations security
Mike.

Return to “Events”