Copperhead projectile approval?

Get or give advice on equipment, reloading and other technical issues.

Moderator: Mod

Tim L

Re: Copperhead projectile approval?

#31 Postby Tim L » Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:09 pm

bruce moulds wrote:where did you get a good aussie action?
keep safe,
bruce.

Peter Bevan in Rockhampton
I have 2 of his. 1 drops into a Barnard mount, the other is an LMB Ultra which is shorter and let's me put a parallel barrel on a FTR rifle, thanks to some wizardry from Bob Eager.

Barossa_222

#32 Postby Barossa_222 » Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:34 pm

I'd be more than happy to buy Copperhead projectiles, but in order for me to do that I would need to get a reply from the business that sells them. Twice contacted, zero replies.

Tim L

#33 Postby Tim L » Sat Sep 29, 2018 3:10 pm

So, I've been trawling the boards a bit and noticed 3 topics that might roll into 1 idea.
"The future" as I see it calls, foremost, for the community to act,,,,as a community. Being "general-less" as Bob Eager aptly put it, we 'troops' are over the top and on our own.

In "Given current component availability" the g man raises bergers initiative (mark 2) to put $1 per box of projectiles sold towards the US F open team.

"Funding" raises the 'bullet tax'.

Here we have a topic of Aussie made projectiles.
I'm sure most will see where this is going,,

What's the opinion of asking Ken to do like Berger, even as a voluntary option on the invoice?
I'd add a $1 per hundred to support the next FO team. And if the 308 heavy comes out I'll do likewise for FTR.
Is this just supporting the elite? I guess, directly, it does. Which raises the question of how we promote the outstanding success of our chosen discipline. Virtually no one outside the community even knows Rod is a World Champ or the Gold and Silver the teams brought home. We need to learn to sell the success, that will bring in the shooters who want to share that success.
This is where I feel the NRAA fail badly. Their Mission?
" To promote and develop the sport of target shooting in Australia".

Tim L

#34 Postby Tim L » Sat Sep 29, 2018 3:12 pm

Barossa_222 wrote:I'd be more than happy to buy Copperhead projectiles, but in order for me to do that I would need to get a reply from the business that sells them. Twice contacted, zero replies.

I asked for a couple of trial packs earlier in the week. Got an email yesterday confirming, just waiting for account details to pay.

Old Trev-39

#35 Postby Old Trev-39 » Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:37 pm

I made an enquiry about 7mm. projectiles and had a reply within 24 hrs. Same with other correspondence before.
Cheers,
Trevor.

GSells

#36 Postby GSells » Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:33 pm

I am happy with Ken's Response and his product! I will be using 7 mm copperheads pills
When my stocks get low again . I found them vary accurate with the very limited testing done.

Barossa_222

#37 Postby Barossa_222 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:49 pm

Tim L wrote:
Barossa_222 wrote:I'd be more than happy to buy Copperhead projectiles, but in order for me to do that I would need to get a reply from the business that sells them. Twice contacted, zero replies.

I asked for a couple of trial packs earlier in the week. Got an email yesterday confirming, just waiting for account details to pay.

Good for you champ. Maybe I'm from the wrong state or my money isn't the same as yours. I can only go on what I've experienced. I've been involved in retail my whole life and while I get that things happen, when customers are asking to spend money, the best business practice is usually not to ignore them.

Return to “Equipment & Technical”