chargemaster

Get or give advice on equipment, reloading and other technical issues.

Moderator: Mod

dbro

chargemaster

#1 Postby dbro » Thu Aug 01, 2019 4:19 pm

Hi guys maybe someone may be able to help me, I have a chargemaster 1500 it weighs all good but when dispensing a charge it stops about 2 grains short of the required load and doesn't dispense any more . I've had it to a scale expert who says that there is nothing wrong . can anyone steer me in the right direction to fix this problem,,Cheers Dennis

6.5x55ai

Re: chargemaster

#2 Postby 6.5x55ai » Thu Aug 01, 2019 4:33 pm

Had exactly the same issue and aware of others similarly affected.

Faulty power supply. It finishes the high speed dispensing which usually stops at around 2gr off target weight and then doesn't have the ompth to finish off at slow speed.

Was running mine on a switched mode ps. Ran OK for months then played up. IIRC mine wouldn't work when pushing the trickle button either. Went back to the clunker wound ps that came with it and no further issues. The switched mode ps (Jaycar) had extra capacity as well.

Tim L

#3 Postby Tim L » Thu Aug 01, 2019 6:37 pm

Exactly the same experience. It worked fine for years then developed a high pitch whine on slow trickle then tended to stop early more and more frequently. I stripped and cleaned but it turned out to be tge power supply. It says 10v but works on 12 just fine.

dbro

#4 Postby dbro » Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:59 am

Thanks guys I got another power supply and it now works as before cheers dennis

UL1700

#5 Postby UL1700 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 5:06 pm

I don't know how the Chargemaster compares to an Autotricker with the AnD FXi scales but I do know that the Autotricker draws double the current or more when they move to the slow dispensing mode! Assuming the technology is similar then a faulty power supply would indeed show up during the slow dispense phase of the dispensing cycle!

Return to “Equipment & Technical”