MagnetoSpeed Reliability

Get or give advice on equipment, reloading and other technical issues.

Moderator: Mod

pgcpty

MagnetoSpeed Reliability

#1 Postby pgcpty » Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:09 am

To all Magnetospeed Owners

I've been a Magnetospeed V1 owner/user for over 5 years and for the first couple of years had no issues with reliability. However in recent years I've been plagued with connectivity /reliability issues. Much of the problem is related to intermittent jack plug connections. I now use a contact cleaner and insert/remove the plugs a number of times and mostly can overcome the intermittent connection. However, I've lost critical data on a number of occasions in the middle of a round robin trial shoot when setting out to locate the low ES load range.

The Australian Magnetospeed agent has been very helpful replacing both Bayo and Control Console on two occasions free of charge

I followed up by emailing Magnetospeed in the US on this matter and was advised that as VI has been out of production for several years to update to V3.

Not very helpful really as I'm asking the about reliability i.e. V1 verses V3

My question is to V1 or V3 owners, how is the connectivity reliability and what problems if any have you experienced?

Much appreciated

pgcpty
PS I've fabricated a Magnetospeed Off barrel Mount for my bipod that works very well accept when having connectivity problems
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Good judgement comes from experience, experience comes from bad judgement!

AlanF

Re: MagnetoSpeed Reliability

#2 Postby AlanF » Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:59 pm

V3 has been reliable for me, but I remember the same problem occasionally with our club V1.

pgcpty

#3 Postby pgcpty » Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:39 pm

Thanks Alan,

If I continue to have problems with my V1, I want to be confident that the V3 is reliable, as the most attractive alternative, Ladradar is considerably more expensive.

More feedback please

Quick

#4 Postby Quick » Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:41 pm

Save the money and get a Labradar. Its well worth the extra money.
Shaun aka 'Quick'
Yanchep, Western Australia

308 Win F/TR & F-S
7mm F-Open Shooter.

6.5x55ai

#5 Postby 6.5x55ai » Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:44 pm

The only problem I had with my V2 was on one occassion the display went biserk and displayed asci type characters. I removed/replaced the batteries and the fault cleared.
Contacted the USA and they said contact the local agent who would replace the display unit. Trouble was he had no stock so I never followed up and ultimately got a LabRadar.
A shooting buddy with a V2 the same age as mine had a bayonet sensor failure.

As far as connections go I never had any issues, and sorry obviously no experience with the V3 which looks a superior unit to my V2 just in the battery setup alone.

wsftr

#6 Postby wsftr » Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:53 pm

Yip - I have had a similar problem...went through two different cables...if you have replaced the bayo and console then the cable could be the common denominator.
If I had to buy again...lab radar...

pgcpty

#7 Postby pgcpty » Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:14 pm

Hi Y'all,

I was hoping to hear from one or more contributors who purchased V3's on first released in Oz, has given them plenty of use and never had a problem.

Anyone out there fit this description?

Thanks all for contributing.

Peter

scott/r

#8 Postby scott/r » Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:58 pm

pgcpty wrote:Hi Y'all,

I was hoping to hear from one or more contributors who purchased V3's on first released in Oz, has given them plenty of use and never had a problem.

Anyone out there fit this description?

Thanks all for contributing.

Peter

I bought a 2nd hand one that, I beleive was one of the first v3's. The original owner said that didn't have any problems with it, they were just upgrading to the labradar. I have no reason to doubt him either, as I didn't have any problems with it either. Well, until I was in a hurry one day and didn't check the height after putting it on a different rifle. And you guessed it, I shot the bloody thing. :shock: :cry:
Scott

Return to “Equipment & Technical”