Affordable bipod options

Get or give advice on equipment, reloading and other technical issues.

Moderator: Mod

Willy

Affordable bipod options

#1 Postby Willy » Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:55 pm

Hi everyone, I'm just starting out in F class and I'm trying to work out weekday options there are four a decent bipod. I have a Harris style bipod but it's not much fun to use. Davies triggers used to sell a decent looking F class bipod but they've closed up shop. The others I can find online are really expensive. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Malcolm Hill

Re: Affordable bipod options

#2 Postby Malcolm Hill » Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:30 pm

Hi Willy. Check out the SARA store. They have an F class bipod that I have been using for years in stock for $170.00. They are similar to the Davies. Regards Malcolm.

Brad Y

#3 Postby Brad Y » Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:35 pm

After going down the path of trying different bipods before hand, I would strongly suggest looking around for a second hand joypod. Think buy once cry once. If shooting f class has taught me anything (after selling and buying new gear a bit) it’s that you can waste a lot of money to get where you want to be.

Willy

#4 Postby Willy » Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:01 pm

Thanks for the advice. I would love a Joypod, but a second hand one would probably still be out of my price range. I like the look and price of the one from SARA. It's low-tech but I've used ones like that before and found them quite good.
If I stick with it for a couple of years it will be easier to get spending approval for something a little more flash.

Return to “Equipment & Technical”