Fake Bartlein Barrels

Get or give advice on equipment, reloading and other technical issues.

Moderator: Mod

PeteFox

Fake Bartlein Barrels

#1 Postby PeteFox » Wed Dec 30, 2020 3:08 am

This is just a warning for anyone getting a super deal on a new Bartlein barrel.
The warning in the attached image was posted on Bartlein’s FB page.
What next?
EB20FC6A-BC21-45EE-9972-F7C4CF35686A.jpeg

Pete
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

scott/r

Re: Fake Bartlein Barrels

#2 Postby scott/r » Wed Dec 30, 2020 7:30 am

Makes you wonder who's making them, and even better yet, who's selling them???
Scott

ecomeat

#3 Postby ecomeat » Wed Dec 30, 2020 8:46 am

About 16 yrs ago, I was exporting game meat to Europe, and my biggest French buyer had been offered “our brand” kangaroo meat from China. Samples were supplied, inc an unbelievably perfect copy of a watermarked AQIS Health Cert, and perfect carton copy. China had FMD (Foot and Mouth Disease) t the time, and they needed to move big quantities of Water Deer..........
Extreme accuracy and precision shooting at long range can be a very addictive pastime.

Rich4

#4 Postby Rich4 » Wed Dec 30, 2020 9:26 am

Thanks for the heads up, even with the added wait time it show's supporting our local dealer (7mm) is a good idea

RDavies

#5 Postby RDavies » Wed Dec 30, 2020 9:13 pm

So far these fake barrels have only been found selling in Saudi Arabia (true story).
Stick to our trusted suppliers and you will be safe.
You know you are going well when you are the barrel maker they try to copy.

Beniah

#6 Postby Beniah » Mon Jan 04, 2021 6:33 pm

ecomeat wrote:...my biggest French buyer had been offered “our brand” kangaroo meat from China. Samples were supplied, inc an unbelievably perfect copy of a watermarked AQIS Health Cert, and perfect carton copy...

How very unusual, Chinese IP theft in the marketplace. I'm shocked... :roll:
Doing my best to get it all together... One round at a time. :wink:

Frank Green

#7 Postby Frank Green » Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:42 am

I was hesitant on putting that on our FB page as well on another forum but figured we better. Since we publicly posted it nothing has come about since then. We asked the guy who he was or where he was purchasing them from and he has not responded.

So it leads me to believe that it was an attempt to scam us out of something.

Besides the stamping not being correct per say and the s/n's don't match the calibers and twist there where other ways we could tell they where not our blanks.

So if you buy directly from us or in your case down under from Craig McGowan etc...all is fine.

It's not the first time it hasn't been done and most likely not the last time it won't be tried either. I once had a customer call and said he had not one, not two but six 30cal barrels that didn't shoot. All 300wm. I said send them in so I can look at them. All button rifled 6 groove barrels. When I called the guy up and told him what they where and not ours....the phone was pretty quiet. Then he said he must have gotten from someone else.

If any of you ever have a question on anything by all means call or send a email.

It's also why I say to record the s/n of the barrel before it gets installed. The s/n tells me everything. It's a little road map for us.

Later, Frank
Bartlein Barrels

P.S. a Belated Merry Christmas to everyone and best wishes for a Happy New Year!

Rich4

#8 Postby Rich4 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:46 am

And to you and yours too Frank, thanks for commenting and letting us know where it’s at

Wingnut

#9 Postby Wingnut » Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:38 pm

Jerome Ziersch cuts the serial numbers off into a little tag that you keep when he machines any new barrels. Makes recording the details easier.

Return to “Equipment & Technical”