Triggers for F/TR

Get or give advice on equipment, reloading and other technical issues.

Moderator: Mod

Rogue22

Triggers for F/TR

#1 Postby Rogue22 » Sun Mar 14, 2021 8:09 am

Hi all, I’ve been shooting Sporter/Hunter for the past 6 months and I’ve just bit the bullet and started a custom rifle build for F/TR with my local gunsmith.

Question for all the experienced shooters on here, does anyone run a 2 stage trigger (bix n Andy rem 700 competition for example) on their comp guns?

The 2 SH rifles I shoot have 2 stage triggers which I have really good results with and wondering if I should keep going that way with my custom built comp gun?

Cheers

Rich4

Re: Triggers for F/TR

#2 Postby Rich4 » Sun Mar 14, 2021 9:01 am

Not on a comp gun, but my working rifle has a bixnandy 2 stage, really at light pull weights personally I think the 2 stage is wasted, I much prefer the triggertech diamond single stage, still a work in progress as I might increase the pull weight on the 2 stage yet just to confirm :?

cheech

#3 Postby cheech » Sun Mar 14, 2021 9:44 am

No one here should tell you what’s best for you , you decide what you like be it single or double stage , light or heavy , we are all different .

I’ve had a few different brands and makes and if correctly adjusted are all pretty good .

Rogue22

#4 Postby Rogue22 » Sun Mar 14, 2021 10:02 am

Thanks for the advice guys, I don’t think I’ll see the rifle to Christmas so I have plenty of time to think about it. Might try a few single stages on club members f standard rifles to see what they are like before making a decision

BATattack

#5 Postby BATattack » Sun Mar 14, 2021 4:54 pm

Jewell and others can be nice down to an OZ or two. The bix singe stage is the crispest I've felt at very low weights BUT as above try some different triggers because you may shoot better with higher pull weight which opens up your options.

Wakey7

#6 Postby Wakey7 » Mon Mar 15, 2021 1:27 pm

Rogue22 wrote:Thanks for the advice guys, I don’t think I’ll see the rifle to Christmas so I have plenty of time to think about it. Might try a few single stages on club members f standard rifles to see what they are like before making a decision

If you are going to try other rifles you need to try FTR or F Open rifles. The F Std rifle trigger must lift 500 gms so it will be heavier and feel different to the " any safe trigger" of the others. Personally I would suggest go single stage but each to their own.

Return to “Equipment & Technical”