Just 1 Question!

Get or give advice on equipment, reloading and other technical issues.

Moderator: Mod

a.JR

Just 1 Question!

#1 Postby a.JR » Mon May 22, 2006 12:10 pm

rs
Last edited by a.JR on Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

balcom

Re: Just 1 Question!

#2 Postby balcom » Mon May 22, 2006 5:35 pm

a.JR wrote:Can anynoe tell me if there is any limitations to the size (not weight) or design of a bipod at the present or if there would be any proposed in the new '07 regs??..JR..Jeff rogers

Jeff, you would have to ask the NRAA office as to whether they have received a motion from the state associations to change the rules for 2007. at the moment thier is no rule but I would'nt build one yet that will be heavy until we have the new rules up and running, saying that, I would not turn up at a range with one weighing 20kg cause you might have to go to hospital to get it removed.
As far as size goes I was at the Vic Qns last year and one turned up with one about 800mm wide. quite legal at the time.
PeterH

a.JR

#3 Postby a.JR » Mon May 22, 2006 9:45 pm

Th
Last edited by a.JR on Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

balcom

#4 Postby balcom » Tue May 23, 2006 8:22 am

a.JR wrote:Thanks for an answer Peter H, The bipod construction concerns have nothing to do with weight, although quite large(not yet 800 mm) i would have to build up to the 2 through 3 kgs that seems to be our future and it obviously doesn't matter at present ...I would be more interested in the final rifle maximum qiute frankly so as i could use the gun in the future as well now ...I am looking forward to the new class and my new STD gun..JR..Jeff Rogers..ps i would hope we can meet on range to compete some day ,also my guess is all bipods could be difficult to remove.....................
balcom wrote:
a.JR wrote:Can anynoe tell me if there is any limitations to the size (not weight) or design of a bipod at the present or if there would be any proposed in the new '07 regs??..JR..Jeff Rogers............................

Jeff, you would have to ask the NRAA office as to whether they have received a motion from the state associations to change the rules for 2007. at the moment thier is no rule but I would'nt build one yet that will be heavy until we have the new rules up and running, saying that, I would not turn up at a range with one weighing 20kg cause you might have to go to hospital to get it removed.
As far as size goes I was at the Vic Qns last year and one turned up with one about 800mm wide. quite legal at the time.
PeterH

Hi JR
My little 223 weighs in at 5.6kg complete with bipod and I will stick with it when I shoot Std F, it's able to compete with the heavier ones, one things for sure, you have to put them there, as far as removing heavy bipods in the future, if they are over the new limit it will be up the range officer of the day, good shooting.
PeterH

Return to “Equipment & Technical”