kg cleaning products

Get or give advice on equipment, reloading and other technical issues.

Moderator: Mod

RAVEN

#16 Postby RAVEN » Tue Oct 10, 2006 1:06 am

KG Products

I would like to give ppl the heads up about KG cleaning products
During the SARA queens shooters were asked to clean their barrels as they would normally U name it sweets, butches, hoppes, BR No.9 ,JB , special concoctions that some above have contrived to clean their bores
All these barrels were inspected with a bore scope all of them had copper remaining. Then they were cleaned with KG and then bore scoped again every person purchased the product.
I am not saying that this will make the rifle shoot better but if you want the copper out this is the gear.
Cheers
RB
P.S. the KG product maybe available at Camberra Queens ask Ron Hatton for a demo and see for yourself.

bruce talty

Shellite

#17 Postby bruce talty » Tue Oct 10, 2006 4:58 pm

RAVEN wrote:KG Products

I would like to give ppl the heads up about KG cleaning products
During the SARA queens shooters were asked to clean their barrels as they would normally U name it sweets, butches, hoppes, BR No.9 ,JB , special concoctions that some above have contrived to clean their bores
All these barrels were inspected with a bore scope all of them had copper remaining. Then they were cleaned with KG and then bore scoped again every person purchased the product.
I am not saying that this will make the rifle shoot better but if you want the copper out this is the gear.
Cheers
RB
P.S. the KG product maybe available at Camberra Queens ask Ron Hatton for a demo and see for yourself.
I use good old Shellite to clean the carbon and Tungsten disulfide out of my barrel with a bronze brush and patch out untill the patches come out white then i use sweets until it comes out with out any blue or green on the patch and i soak my cases in it over night to clean the carbon out of the inside and i use it to clean my triggers bolts and my barrels when i switch them, i use it for everything it the best thing since sliced bread. Bruce PS and it's cheap.

Mick_762

Re: kg cleaning products

#18 Postby Mick_762 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:18 pm

A bit of gravedigging going on...

So whats the general consensus now and what are people using now for carbon removal?
David Mickel
Darwin Rifle Club

RAVEN

#19 Postby RAVEN » Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:32 pm

KG

sungazer

#20 Postby sungazer » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:08 am

Just a heads up on the KG12 yes it is a very good product but use care and either gloves or wash your hands well after using. The only ingredient other than water is Cyanide.

GSells

#21 Postby GSells » Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:36 pm

KG Products are good stuff !! Especially the copper remover , paste and carbon remover!
I’m running out of my stash of Kg Products that we’re given to me .
So where can I buy some more ? Does anyone know ?

Auscoatings

#22 Postby Auscoatings » Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:14 pm

Hi to all.
I was contacted by a member asking for KG USA products. I'd like to inform the forum that as of 2014 Australasia Coatings is the importer and distributor for KG products. We are based in Canberra, and distribute Australia wide. If you are unfamiliar with the products they are second to none and are non corrosive like some of the others. I have a website which normally sends out once every 2 days or in busy times daily.
I have many shooters already satisfied customers, and if you youtube the comparisons you be supprised.
My contact number is 0428314270
Or the website is
www.australasiacoatings.com.au
Look forward to any correspondence or enquires.
Dale McCleary

Wingnut

#23 Postby Wingnut » Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:33 am

Depending on where you’re located, the SA Rifle Association shop sells the KG cleaning gear also.

Return to “Equipment & Technical”