Boretech Eliminator

Get or give advice on equipment, reloading and other technical issues.

Moderator: Mod

VickiMcc

Boretech Eliminator

#1 Postby VickiMcc » Thu Jan 25, 2007 2:55 pm

Has anyone tried this solvent yet. Supposed to be another one stop shop that removes everything that is not nailed down. Claimed to be odourless. That is a bigplus as long as it removes copper nad powder fouling adequately

Paul

balcom

Re: Boretech Eliminator

#2 Postby balcom » Tue Jan 30, 2007 5:56 pm

PaulMcc wrote:Has anyone tried this solvent yet. Supposed to be another one stop shop that removes everything that is not nailed down. Claimed to be odourless. That is a bigplus as long as it removes copper nad powder fouling adequately

Paul

Hi Paul.
I first tried it in NZ, no smell and works instantly, we now can get it in Aust for $55 per ltr.
I use it all the time now
PeterH

VickiMcc

#3 Postby VickiMcc » Tue Jan 30, 2007 6:12 pm

Peter

I tried it the 1st time last week and it worked as claimed. Took it to a prize meeting the next day and at 300 it shot all ovet the place. Only setlted down around the 8th shot. Getting elevation shots shooting 7's. After that it settled down and shot a 96 at 600 yds shooting good elevation only losing shots to the wind.

Came home and gave it a clean with Montana Xtreme 50BMG which i normally use and shot it the next dayat 300yds. Shot teriffic elevation and lost shots to the conditions (No flags)

Maybe it got the barrel too clean, i dont know.
All i know is that it cost me big time in the OPM

BTW it only costs $34.00 from the VRA and i have some going cheap also.
A little shy using it again

Paul

Return to “Equipment & Technical”