fixtures to a sporter stock to make it act like a varminter?

Get or give advice on equipment, reloading and other technical issues.

Moderator: Mod

ogre6br

fixtures to a sporter stock to make it act like a varminter?

#1 Postby ogre6br » Mon Apr 02, 2007 11:43 pm

Hi
I am having a Standard sporter Synthetic stocked Tikka white tail (595) into a 6 BR.

Is there any way that I can add plates or sliders or other fittings or fixtures to the stock to enable the stock to act more like a varminter/BR comp stock?

I want to be able to give myseld the best chance of sighting in and assessing loads without having to get another stock for the rifle.

I an thinking of making/installing a seperate ferrule into the forearm of the stock so I can attach some flat allum plate to the forearm to enable the rifle to ride that bags on my rest better.

I am unsure how to proceed with this idea- can anyone offer some suggestions on how to accomplish this? is there a way of forming or molding the alum plate to aloow it to perform on the bags to it's best ability- while supporting the factory stock perpendicular to the plate.

I am unsure on how to add/modify the rear of the stock so it can ride a bunny ear bag to it's best ability.
I realise this will not be as good as a true competition stock -I'm trying to make the best with my limited resourses.

Hope you can help- pics would be great.

THank you

LAter
P

bully_eye

#2 Postby bully_eye » Tue Apr 03, 2007 5:20 pm

Check the Sinclair International website product id #04-1700. Called the Sinclair Forend Benchrest Adapter and would be exactly what you need. You could probably knock something similar up yourself but at $31.75US it's already cheap enough and just throw in some bronze brushes etc to make shipping more viable.
Hope this helps,

Michael

Return to “Equipment & Technical”