LabRadar Bluetooth app now available

Get or give advice on equipment, reloading and other technical issues.

Moderator: Mod

willow

LabRadar Bluetooth app now available

#1 Postby willow » Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:57 am

http://www.mylabradar.com/download.php

Available for both Android and iOS.

6.5x55ai

Re: LabRadar Bluetooth app now available

#2 Postby 6.5x55ai » Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:55 am

Yep, all good and up and running. Not a bad effort for the first release.
Few guys over here are having problems though where their phones will not communicate with their LRs. Same comments are appearing on Play Store feedback.

Only issue I had was my LR would not recognise the 2 unziped files on the root of my sd card (same card I use for saving series). Put the files on a manky old sd card out of a discarded phone and all good, new firmware loaded. No issues with either of my Android devices connecting to my LR.

Rocky

#3 Postby Rocky » Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:35 pm

Labradar Bluetooth app is only available for Android at this stage IOS is still a few days away!

willow

#4 Postby willow » Sun Jun 17, 2018 5:30 pm

Rocky wrote:Labradar Bluetooth app is only available for Android at this stage IOS is still a few days away!

iOS is available, they confirmed it.

willow

#5 Postby willow » Sun Jun 17, 2018 5:31 pm

6.5x55ai wrote:Yep, all good and up and running. Not a bad effort for the first release.
Few guys over here are having problems though where their phones will not communicate with their LRs. Same comments are appearing on Play Store feedback.

Only issue I had was my LR would not recognise the 2 unziped files on the root of my sd card (same card I use for saving series). Put the files on a manky old sd card out of a discarded phone and all good, new firmware loaded. No issues with either of my Android devices connecting to my LR.

Yeah I'm having the same issue, phone can see it but can't connect.

6.5x55ai

#6 Postby 6.5x55ai » Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:30 am

I don't know if it helps but normally when getting bluetooth devices to communicate they need to be visible to each other. In the case of my Chinese phone (running latest android) it was set to be visible by default (bad feature) but the LR app asked for access to the phone's bluetooth as part of the set up. All good.

With my old 2014 Samsung tablet I made bluetooth visible in settings. This time the LR app did not ask for access as it had with my phone but connected straight thru with no drama.

Edit: After poking around I don't think my comments above are relevant to solving the problem. With the LR and my phone communicating OK LR doesn't show up on my phone's list of bluetooth paired devices.

Edit edit: Check feedback on Google Play Store. A couple of guys who couldn't connect have resolved their issues and posted accordingly. One guy on my side of the ditch has resolved his issue as well but hasn't bothered to advise his solution.

!Peter!

#7 Postby !Peter! » Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:38 am

One little thing I noticed was that the Labradar gave no indication that the firmware had been updated other than new firmware numbers on the boot screen and the firmware files deleted from the SD card.

agro

#8 Postby agro » Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:30 pm

I got the app up running. All OK.

agro

6.5x55ai

#9 Postby 6.5x55ai » Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:46 pm

Another problem being encountered over here and mentioned on Play Store feedback is the comm dropping out and the need to re-establish.

Just put 45 shots past my LR this morning and had one loss of comms/comms error.
I see on mylabradar website v1.2.1 is now available but with no comment as to why. Updates are to be expected as a matter of course I guess but I think I'll wait for the dust to settle b4 updating my firmware further. I also kept a copy of the original version just in case.

Found the app useful to arm the LR and to create new series, all without getting up and walking around the bench - I shoot with the LR on the rhs. I have the feeling that unless the app is given more functionality I will stop using it. The novelty will wear off and having a cell phone or tablet on the bench just adds to the clutter.

Longranger

#10 Postby Longranger » Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:36 am

Nice app. It does make the Labradar a lot more user friendly. I use it with a Samsung S8. No dramas.

willow

#11 Postby willow » Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:21 pm

6.5x55ai wrote:Another problem being encountered over here and mentioned on Play Store feedback is the comm dropping out and the need to re-establish.

Just put 45 shots past my LR this morning and had one loss of comms/comms error.
I see on mylabradar website v1.2.1 is now available but with no comment as to why. Updates are to be expected as a matter of course I guess but I think I'll wait for the dust to settle b4 updating my firmware further. I also kept a copy of the original version just in case.

Found the app useful to arm the LR and to create new series, all without getting up and walking around the bench - I shoot with the LR on the rhs. I have the feeling that unless the app is given more functionality I will stop using it. The novelty will wear off and having a cell phone or tablet on the bench just adds to the clutter.

v1.21 is supposed to help fix the comms drop out issue. Managed to get mine paired up at last but will wait another week to try it out.

Return to “Equipment & Technical”