Wingham Rifle Club OPM / June Long Weekend 2021

Results, photos of recent events, plan future events, let people know where you'll be competing.

Moderator: Mod

ChrisA

Wingham Rifle Club OPM / June Long Weekend 2021

#1 Postby ChrisA » Sun Apr 25, 2021 1:00 pm

IT'S BACK!! After last year's Covid cancellation the Wingham Rifle Club is pleased to advise its famous OPM is ON again this June.
If you have ever attended the Wingham's OPM you will know it is a fabulous weekend. Great shooting, a terrific range, excellent catering and camping on the range - what more could you want!
During the year the shooting mounds have been completed levelled and re-turfed and are ready for the shoot.
Please download the flyer and entry form.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact the Club Secretary
See you there!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Matt P

Re: Wingham Rifle Club OPM / June Long Weekend 2021

#2 Postby Matt P » Sun Apr 25, 2021 6:06 pm

Chris,
Can you explain how "electronic and paper targets being used" ?
Regards
Matt P

ChrisA

#3 Postby ChrisA » Sun Apr 25, 2021 7:02 pm

Hi Matt P
Unfortunately, as a member of WRC, I don't have the details on just how the mix between paper and electronic targets is going to work.
Perhaps if the Club Captain (ChrisB) reads this he may supply a more detailed response.
Alternatively you may care to send off a quick email to the Club and either the Captain or Secretary may be able to assist you further.

willow

#4 Postby willow » Sun Apr 25, 2021 7:22 pm

Looking highly unlikely I'll be able to make it to Nationals now so I'll see if I can swing it to this one.

argh

#5 Postby argh » Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:23 am

The motley crew from Gosford will be coming up again. Looking forward to another great weekend.
Adrian

RDavies

#6 Postby RDavies » Mon Apr 26, 2021 5:39 pm

Matt P wrote:Chris,
Can you explain how "electronic and paper targets being used" ?
Regards
Matt P

Matt, I've been told F class have to shoot on ETs on Saturday but will shoot on proper targets on Sunday.
I wasn't told about Friday.

Chris

#7 Postby Chris » Sat May 08, 2021 8:20 pm

The intended use of the targets is 4 electronics and 4 papers, with shooters to be batched according to dicipline, so all F-class will be on Hexta's one day and paper the next. The plan at the moment is to have TR use the paper targets on the Saturday, so if we get some inexperienced shooters from the high schools they can sort their sights out on paper targets with the advantage of having a marker watching.
Friday practice and sweepstakes will be shot on Hexta's from the 600 yard mound, the sweepstakes will use the 300M aiming mark, and the Hexta's will be set on 300M, should make it interesting.
Both days will conclude with a 15 shot match at 600Y, time permitting.
We are expecting a drop in numbers this year with the Nationals starting on the Monday, so some new faces are more than welcome.

Chris Barnard WRC.

Return to “Events”