Warracknabeal Rifle Club Prize Meeting

Results, photos of recent events, plan future events, let people know where you'll be competing.

Moderator: Mod

Acco

Warracknabeal Rifle Club Prize Meeting

#1 Postby Acco » Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:20 am

The Warracknabeal Rifle club has had to make the decision to postpone the Prize meet due to unforeseen circumstances it will be held at a future date to be advised. We apologise for the inconvenience to anyone that has already made bookings for accommodation etc
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Acco on Sun Jul 04, 2021 11:20 am, edited 2 times in total.

Acco

Re: Warracknabeal Rifle Club Prize Meeting

#2 Postby Acco » Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:23 am

Warracknabeal Rifle Club
Prize Meeting 2021

Saturday 17th & Sunday 18th July 2021
Entry $35 a day All Grades.

Silver Mountain Electronic Targets

Badges A 3 - B 2 - C 1 - FA 2 - FB 2 - FO 2 – FTR 2

Program:
10 shots @ 500, 600, 800, 900 yards, Saturday
15 shots @ 1000, 600 yards, Sunday

Shooting commences at 8-30am approx.
Free camping on Range

Pre-Registrations encouraged
Contact details will be recorded by QR code for Covid tracing

The executive reserves the right to vary the program
A current NRAA or SSAA membership card and shooters license must be produced at point of entry
Standard Shooting Rules apply

Please direct enquiries to:
Alan Bandy 0487 340504
Carolynn Nitschke 0429 994203
Mick Liston 0427 954 257

PeteFox

#3 Postby PeteFox » Mon Jun 14, 2021 5:41 pm

Acco wrote:Warracknabeal Rifle Club
Prize Meeting 2021

A current NRAA or SSAA membership card and shooters license must be produced at point of entry

Excuse my ignorance, but are you saying that a SSAA member who is not part of the NRAA can shoot in your prize meeting?

I can just rock up with only my SSAA card?
Pete

Acco

#4 Postby Acco » Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:43 pm

PeteFox wrote:
Acco wrote:Warracknabeal Rifle Club
Prize Meeting 2021

Excuse my ignorance, but are you saying that a SSAA member who is not part of the NRAA can shoot in your prize meeting?

I can just rock up with only my SSAA card?
Pete

Hi Pete,
I have sent an email to you that answers your query
Cheers Alan

Barry Davies

#5 Postby Barry Davies » Sat Jun 19, 2021 5:36 pm

I would like to see the answer to that also.
Barry

Acco

#6 Postby Acco » Sat Jun 19, 2021 6:54 pm

Barry Davies wrote:I would like to see the answer to that also.
Barry

Hi Barry, I have sent you an email.

Regards Alan

saum2

#7 Postby saum2 » Sun Jun 20, 2021 7:42 pm

Me too, just wondering what class or discipline I would shoot in if I had Just SSAA membership

Wingnut

#8 Postby Wingnut » Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:40 pm

You might as well post the information on here because I’m also interested to know how it all works with the SSAA thingy. Ta.

Acco

#9 Postby Acco » Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:02 pm

Ok for those wondering yes we will allow anyone with a SSAA membership and current firearms license to come along and shoot at our range while we have our RO on sight as you will be shooting under instruction the SSAA or NRAA membership mean your insured. As for what class you would be in would be decided on the day depending on your equipment. With the use of electronic targets your projectiles need to be traveling at over 1160fps at the target for them to register. And calibers under 8mm can be used. As your on the Oz F Class forum one would hope you have a slight understanding of the sport if you are seriously enquiring about the event I would suggest giving Mick a call and he will answer any questions you have. Now some NRAA members will be upset by the fact that we will let SSAA members shoot with them but as a proactive club we are trying to spread the enjoyment of our great sport with other keen shooters and who knows some clubs might get a new member out of it. And those SSAA guys that carry on about shooting paper isn’t really shooting they should come along they might just enjoy it.
Cheers Alan

PeteFox

#10 Postby PeteFox » Mon Jun 21, 2021 10:18 am

Sorry OT

Alan
I agree with your sentiments, but I think the reality is very different.

Our organisation has been talking to the SSAS's insurers about this very issue.
We have people wanting to shoot on our range but the insurance issue is always the sticking point. I think that we could possibly pick up some members from allowing this. Our policy is no NRAA membership no shoot.

I can get all sorts of verbal assurances that the SSAA insurers their members everywhere and yes they will be covered on our range by the SSAA's insurers. Verbal assurances just don't do it for me. We have asked for a written confirmation but I don't think its going to happen. This request was met with silence. If the cover is there, then why isn't the confirmation forthcoming?

The issue goes to where the final liability lies if the insurers deny liability and an injured party makes a valid claim. I would bet liability falls to the RO on the day. The risk might be small but the potential cost could very high and I really want to keep my house.

Pete

Acco

#11 Postby Acco » Mon Jun 21, 2021 12:35 pm

Pete, I understand where your coming from, our club has been working hard to get more shooters on it to use it and we are getting there. Again give mick a call his number is in the original post and have a chat as he has been one of the main people pushing for this ability to get SSAA and NRAA shooters on the range. Sorry I can’t help anymore then that.
Cheers Alan

Acco

#12 Postby Acco » Sat Jul 03, 2021 9:59 pm

The Warracknabeal Rifle club has had to make the decision to postpone the Prize meet due to unforeseen circumstances it will be held at a future date to be advised. We apologise for the inconvenience to anyone that has already made bookings for accommodation etc

Return to “Events”