Possible Register

Results, photos of recent events, plan future events, let people know where you'll be competing.

Moderator: Mod

S.Scheske

#46 Postby S.Scheske » Thu Jun 30, 2005 1:19 pm

Tony Q wrote:Maybe thats the answer Ben :lol:

Apply a 30% handycap to all Std scores shot on Open targets.

That would make Lynns brilliant 99 = 130

If my wind reading skills are the same as yours ... your 6.5 will beat me every time.

If my wind reading skills are 30% better than yours then i stand a chance of producing a possible on an open target.

Thats why this thread and some of the comments made are plain unfair and bias.

Tony.. 99+30% is not 130...... what school did you goto? :lol: let me guess your going to blame it on them fat fingers of yours..
Sam Scheske
CTRC
2004 ADFC Rifle Team

bjld

#47 Postby bjld » Thu Jun 30, 2005 1:31 pm

The championship target at 600yds is 3/4moa
Sorry Tony, I didn't consider the advantage from shooting on an imperial range. I shoot on a metric range.

The fullbore target at 600yds is 1.12moa. its 1.5 x bigger.
The target is a circle - you need to square the diameter (or radius) to compare the size of the targets.

if the 6.5 has a 30% better chance of ignoring that missed wind change then at 600yds on the current targets my 1 min group 60 score would be the same as your ¾ min 100 score.
I'm pleased to see you acknowledge that the 6.5 has 30% (cf 45 or 60%)less deflection due to wind.

Shots that place closer to the centre need to pay higher than shots anywhere in a bullseye larger than 1 MOA. End of story.

Regards
Ben

AlanF

#48 Postby AlanF » Thu Jun 30, 2005 1:48 pm

Tony,

I suppose we won't really know the "Std vs. Open" possible ratio until we try it. I'd like to get it started, say with the start of the new season i.e. this weekend. It won't matter that the word will take a while to spread, because we'll be able to put them in retrospectively, although I'm reluctant to do past results at this stage (sorry Tony, Ben, Matt) because of the work it would create.

So I'll set up a page under the Results menu called "Std Possibles" and "Open Possibles" respectively, and put in some sample information. We can invite comments for a few days, then either launch it, or bin it :mrgreen: !

Alan :wink:

Tony Q

#49 Postby Tony Q » Thu Jun 30, 2005 2:06 pm

Ben .. your such a Wally :lol:

Ps, i to shot on a meteric range, but arnt the majority of ranges in Oz imperial?

Thank you Alan.
MBRC F-Class standard ... and proud of it!

Tony Q

#50 Postby Tony Q » Thu Jun 30, 2005 7:38 pm

umm Ben, do I square the diameter or the radius ...???

As the radius is a half value of a given diameter your equation gives a variable answer.

Awww .. I love this academic stuff :lol:

#51 Postby Guest » Thu Jun 30, 2005 8:31 pm

ed
Last edited by Guest on Sun Oct 30, 2005 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tony Q

#52 Postby Tony Q » Thu Jun 30, 2005 8:33 pm

Not at all Matt .. i think you did a good thing!

bjld

#53 Postby bjld » Thu Jun 30, 2005 8:53 pm

Geez Tony, you had 6 hours to think about it. :roll: If you really don't understand me then PM me. :wink:

Tony Q

#54 Postby Tony Q » Thu Jun 30, 2005 9:10 pm

Sorry Ben, i hate to dissapoint, i had a busy afternoon.

I have sent you a PM ... maybe after many of them you and i can reach an amicable understanding between the 2 classes. I am sure there is common ground there somewhere :D

Tony Q

#55 Postby Tony Q » Fri Jul 01, 2005 8:04 am

You all may be happy to know that Ben and myself have ‘made up’ outside of this forum, but im not going to give details on how we did that :roll:

What i can tell you is the fate of this thread now rests on an Arm Wrestling match on Sunday during the Barmera OPM in SA :?

While I still conclude that Ben is a dedicated and passionate F Open shooter he is still a Wally … but I must add, he’s one of the best Wally’s I know. :lol:

I would also like to add that the posts on this thread while viewed as some as infighting, was only friendly but dedicated banter. At no time was any aggression behind any post. :!:

So, weather it’s a 60 or a 100 I look forward to seeing whose doing what.

AlanF

Re: Possible Register

#56 Postby AlanF » Fri Jul 01, 2005 11:37 am

Matt P wrote:It's been tossed around before but never got off the ground and this seems like the perfect place do it.
How about a register of all the possibles shot ....

Getting back to the subject of the thread, we're nearly there. If you have a look at the "Results" menu of our website, there is a "Possibles" item, which gives the choice of either Open or Standard possibles. N.B. Don't start sending things yet. Firstly it needs a few days for people to comment (on this thread) and agree on the detail, and also it will only be listing events from now on (i.e. the 2005/06 season).

I look forward to your constructive comments. If you think there needs to be more detailed equipment lists for standard rifles, remember that I'm expecting 5 or 10 possibles a week around Australia, and if that proves to be the case, I won't be putting my hand up for the extra work required. As I said in an earlier post, standard rifles are meant to be just that, standard, so equipment differences should be of less interest.

Alan :)

Tony Q

#57 Postby Tony Q » Fri Jul 01, 2005 12:31 pm

It looks pretty good to me Alan, and you right Std equipment does not have to be over explained.

I would make the suggestion for both Open and Std that it may be of interest to some who is shooting of a rest or bi pod.

I would hope those whose scores are registered also become registered on this site, if any further conversations need to take place in regard to equipment it can be done through PM.

Well done :)

AlanF

#58 Postby AlanF » Sat Jul 02, 2005 11:01 pm

AlanF wrote:If by 100/100 you mean at both ranges of a 2 range shoot, it probably has happened, but I've never heard of it...

Errr, this is sort of embarrassing, but...

At Rosedale rifle range today, I got my first possible 100 at 2pm, and just to show it wasn't a fluke, managed another at 4pm :mrgreen: ! What's that old saying - "when it rains it pours"? Both were at 300 yds, which I guess is the easiest in all but dead calm conditions, but I'm not complaining. There was a moderate cross-wind, but it was steady. Anyway, I'm over the moon - one of those great days that makes all the reloading worthwhile!

I'm worried this may look like a setup job, given that the Possibles Registers began yesterday! You're forgiven for being suspicious, but I'm sure our Chief Range officer will back me up - he marked the first one.

There's only been one comment so far on the Possibles Registers - if you get the time, have a look at them and forward any suggested changes, so long as its not delaying the start date :mrgreen: !

I hope you all have shooting days like this :D !

Alan

Tony Q

#59 Postby Tony Q » Sat Jul 02, 2005 11:25 pm

Well Done Alan!!!!!!!

8)

and yes, your double sounds like a set up ... :lol: enjoy the moment!

Richard

100s

#60 Postby Richard » Mon Jul 04, 2005 3:14 pm

There have only been three 100s shot at Canberra in 5 years that I know of.

One at 400m and 2 at 600m.

But we have had two 99s shot in the past 6 weeks! (600 and 300)

Richard

Return to “Events”