REMINDER - TONIGHT'S THE NIGHT

For general announcements, and anything which does not fit into one of the categories below.

Moderator: Mod

AlanF

REMINDER - TONIGHT'S THE NIGHT

#1 Postby AlanF » Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:34 pm

As announced earlier, the forum upgrade is planned for tonight at about 10, and the site will be down while Graham moves the data across and the new IP address gets distributed around the internet. Depending on the latter, the process could take more than 12 hours before the new site is accessible.

If this is the first you've heard about the upgrade, you can read about it HERE.

ajvanwyk

Re: REMINDER - TONIGHT'S THE NIGHT

#2 Postby ajvanwyk » Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:00 pm

I already have OzFclass withdrawal just thinking about it..... Good Luck!
Albert
Rosedale Rifle Club
Australian Points Series

GrahamW

#3 Postby GrahamW » Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:43 pm

I just want to add.....

There's nothing special anyone has to do other than maybe a "Control+F5" to force a refresh.

DNS propagation can take up to around 12 hours, depending on your ISP and how often they update their DNS.

Once your ISP's DNS has updated you will automatically go to the new site, you just need to Log-in using your current details.

Cheers,
8-)

mike H

#4 Postby mike H » Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:53 pm

GrahamW wrote:I just want to add.....

There's nothing special anyone has to do other than maybe a "Control+F5" to force a refresh.

DNS propagation can take up to around 12 hours, depending on your ISP and how often they update their DNS.

Once your ISP's DNS has updated you will automatically go to the new site, you just need to Log-in using your current details.

Cheers,
8-)

Graham,
Thanks for that information,I am completely lost with all the Technology ,it maybe best for me to lY low for a couple of days.

GrahamW

#5 Postby GrahamW » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:01 pm

mike H wrote:
GrahamW wrote:I just want to add.....

Cheers,
8-)

Graham,
Thanks for that information,I am completely lost with all the Technology ,it maybe best for me to lY low for a couple of days.

Haha, nah you'll be fine Mike, see you in about 12 hours 8-)

Oh and I should point out... that's 10PM eastern... just about now.

8-)

Return to “General Forum”