NSW Queens

Results, photos of recent events, plan future events, let people know where you'll be competing.

Moderator: Mod

GSells

Re: NSW Queens

#31 Postby GSells » Sun Oct 07, 2018 3:56 pm

Congratulations Tim ! Taking your second Queens for the year and I Grand aggregate! Well done ! And also congrats to the other winners and place getters !

Must be in the Water for the Cessnock boys !!

RAVEN

#32 Postby RAVEN » Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:11 pm

\:D/ Congratulation \:D/
Tim N FO \:D/
Daniel FTR \:D/
Peter J FS \:D/

RB :)

macguru

#33 Postby macguru » Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:39 pm

2 Things ...

First. Anyone who camped at Malabar this weekend deserves a special badge ... how anyone could put up with those conditions and then front up on the mound ready to shoot is beyond me. WELL DONE .
Second. WELL DONE to Matt Paroz, John Leask, Len Brown, Verne Noorgard , Ben Emms and all the markers and staff for their work. You could not control the weather but you were flexible arranging the matches to fit the conditions and I look forward to attending any event you are associated with.

Andrew
Last edited by macguru on Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
id quod est

RDavies

#34 Postby RDavies » Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:20 pm

Congratulations to Jim Bailey for yet another TR A grade Queens win.

Also to Peter Johnson for his F std A grade win by one X over John Simons and one point over Ralph Garlich.

To Dan Sly for his close win over Garry Falkner who were both well clear of the competition in F/TR.

Once again congrats to Tim Nugent who backed up his South Australia Queens win for yet another F Open win in extremely difficult conditions.
I have to wonder how Tim who comes from the calmest, driest range in the country shoots so well in the wettest, wildest, windiest conditions. Devine intervention I say.

As others mentions, special mention goes to the various organisers who must have been ready to throw the towel in after running one of the most difficult Queens events in a long time.

saum2

#35 Postby saum2 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:58 am

Tim N wrote:Looking forward to this shoot as it has been a while since I have attended.
Fingers crossed for good weather.
Just have to do some final tuning on my 6x47 and hopefully it will hammer with the old 115 Dtacs
Be good to see a 6mm win the queens :D
I'll most likely throw a big 7 in for back up.

Congrats Tim on the win, So, what did you use? 6mm all the way :D
Geoff

Tim N

#36 Postby Tim N » Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:14 am

Hey Geoff,
I'd like to say yes to the 6mm comment but no- I chickened out and took my saums

Rod,
I promise I didn't cheat [-o<
Maybe tenting it gave me the best chance of being "at one" with the conditions.
We don't rise to the level of our expectations, we fall to the level of our training. Archilochos 680-645 BC

saum2

#37 Postby saum2 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:03 pm

Ahh yes Tim, the weather was nasty looking from my warm dry home. I reckoned SAUMS might be pulled out. Perhaps now as a weather God, u might want to go further inland and make it rain there.
Geoff

BRETT B

#38 Postby BRETT B » Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:51 pm

Congrats Tim on another great shoot and well done to all other winners =D>
BRETT BUNYAN F CLASS OPEN SHOOTER W.A.

AlanF

#39 Postby AlanF » Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:52 pm

Well done Tim =D> . When going gets tough, the tough get going...

And congrats also to all other winners.

DaveB

#40 Postby DaveB » Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:22 am

Well, my first visit to Malabar had some highs (the first day) and then lows (the atrocious weather for the rest of the shoot). But there's nothing anyone can do about the weather! I expected some unusual conditions, but nothing like it was!! The range is really something special and has so much potential that must be steered in the right direction.
One thing that had me mystified, was why we all had to endure a (several) cease fire during the last 800m ranges. Reason I heard was that TR shooters couldn't see the targets? Sure, sight picture was getting pretty milky through the heavy rain, but I would have been more than happy to continue and finish, as I was already laying in a pool of water. Having to get up, try to cover everything and then dive back into the puddle and continue was very disruptive to say the least, optional sighter meant I had to lay there longer, haaa!
Surely F Class could have been given the option to carry on?
Congrats to all the winners, you sure earned it!
I'll give it a go again sometime.....

Return to “Events”