Lithgow LA102 & Ball Ammo

Get or give advice on equipment, reloading and other technical issues.

Moderator: Mod

tentman

Lithgow LA102 & Ball Ammo

#1 Postby tentman » Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:39 pm

Hello Guys

No strictly an F Class question I know but experience with the LA102 is a bit thin this side of the ditch . . . (Southland, NZ)

So I have a LA102 in 308 and want to shoot it for a bit with "factory" ammo - more particularly Military ball or NRA type ammo. (I will eventually resume reloading for it)

Does anyone know if the LA102 shows a particular preference for any of the commonly available ball ammo makes ?? If so is this likely to be similar across most LA102's ??

Thanks
Foster

Josh Cox

Re: Lithgow LA102 & Ball Ammo

#2 Postby Josh Cox » Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:53 am

Hi Foster,

I do not have a LA102, but ADI makes good gear.

You can shoot two consecutive rifles off a production line and they will shoot totally differently.

With a 20 odd inch barrel do not have high expectations for the long ranges like 800 metres plus, should be capable of exceptional accuracy out to 5 or 600 metres.

Do you try both ammunition types, the NRA competition stuff is usually loaded to a higher standard.

Do you know what a ladder test is , google it, when you start loading your own it will help you find the speed for the sweet spot, good luck.

Wingnut

Re: Lithgow LA102 & Ball Ammo

#3 Postby Wingnut » Wed Sep 25, 2019 9:50 pm

Mine really likes the ADI 168gr stuff. I recon it’s effectively the same as the Federal Gold Medal Match. Shoots like stink. The 165gr hunting stuff also shoots .5moa all day.

Return to “Equipment & Technical”