Electronic Target prices

For general announcements, and anything which does not fit into one of the categories below.

Moderator: Mod

flatlina

Electronic Target prices

#1 Postby flatlina » Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:21 pm

I'm after a ball park figure for an Electronic target set up. What is the target sensors worth as well.

Regards
john

Walt

Re: Electronic Target prices

#2 Postby Walt » Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:42 pm

What are your specifications? Single target, multiple target, reactive, hard wired, wi fi and so on.

flatlina

#3 Postby flatlina » Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:08 pm

Single target ATM and wifi would be easier.

Walt

#4 Postby Walt » Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:16 pm

Try this site; https://www.autotrickler.com/shotmarker.html Its about $1200 AUD, out of Canada, depending on the exchange rate. Thinking of getting one myself.

Walt

#5 Postby Walt » Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:23 pm

disb

#6 Postby disb » Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:38 pm

+1 for ShotMarker
Ordered one in the pre release and have been happy with it.

HamonetMM

#7 Postby HamonetMM » Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:21 pm

Have been evaluating the Shotmarker for past 6 months at this point very happy with results and ongoing online updates a great advantage.Recommend checking out this system on line.

flatlina

#8 Postby flatlina » Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:03 pm

Thanks for the info. What brand are most of the clubs using? The ones I've seen have their own display unit.

browniedog

#9 Postby browniedog » Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:06 am

Hi
We have installed Silver Mountain Targets have been running them for 2 years have had 4 to 5 prize shoots on them as well we share our targets with other clubs in the association there are 3 clubs that are running 12 target between them only real issues are operator error had one cable shot and a replacement was mailed out and arived before next week shoot. looking a a solo for personal use soon.

scott/r

#10 Postby scott/r » Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:08 am

browniedog wrote:Hi
We have installed Silver Mountain Targets have been running them for 2 years have had 4 to 5 prize shoots on them as well we share our targets with other clubs in the association there are 3 clubs that are running 12 target between them only real issues are operator error had one cable shot and a replacement was mailed out and arived before next week shoot. looking a a solo for personal use soon.

Yeah, I've got to agree with brownie. I've shot on most of the electronics available, as most of you would have, and had a bit to do with kongsberg targets. I now shoot on the silver mountain targets in the same association as Brownie and am very impressed with their setup and their ability to be transported to other ranges and easily set up on their targets, well once zeroed for that range. Don't let the cheaper price sway your choice.

phillh

#11 Postby phillh » Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:59 am

And what accuracy are you getting with them please?

scott/r

#12 Postby scott/r » Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:29 pm

They must be pretty good, I'm hitting heaps of centers.haha.
Seriously, I don't know what absolute accuracy is on these, but what I've been told is if they are zeroed for each range to get bullet angles correct, they are pretty good.
But, if it's absolute accuracy you want, I beleive that you can't go past paper targets.

Jps

#13 Postby Jps » Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:48 pm

We have been testing and shooting silver mountain targets (solos) for the past couple of months. We have tested the accuracy on numerous occasions in different conditions here in south africa and once the target has been set op to the frame all you need to get within a 1mm accuracy is to ensure your target is 100% on the same place it was before. We measure and input the calibration shots with 100% accuracy on the x and y axis.

We have built the frames from Alluminium to ensure rigidity and for transportation.

They really work great. Have run a couple of Competitions as well on the server designed for the solo systems as well and they work great.

Especially the mode we are shooting on at the moment where in a league shoot we shoot shoulder to shoulder 3 shooters per target. You still plot for yourself and score for fellow shooter on your card etc. as you would have because in this mode it looks exactly like it would as if it was a paper target that was marked. Only the last shot shows on your screen. All shots however still can be tracked on the Admin’s device.

Cant go wrong with the Solo.

Cheers
Jan

RDavies

#14 Postby RDavies » Sun Apr 07, 2019 5:04 pm

What about the Ozscore targets made by Geoff Roberts in Australia? What sort of prices are they for a single set up? You might end up saving quite a bit of shipping and have local support?

swc-tr

#15 Postby swc-tr » Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:22 pm

Jan, klink my jou Brits is slegs vir selfverdediging. Lol.

Return to “General Forum”