North Queensland F-Class - Long Range Bisley Challenge

Results, photos of recent events, plan future events, let people know where you'll be competing.

Moderator: Mod

bsouthernau

Re: North Queensland F-Class - Long Range Bisley Challenge

#16 Postby bsouthernau » Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:10 am

ShaneG wrote:

They have convinced me to run it as an annual event. Date for 2020 TBA.

Well Shane, if the date is still to be decided may I point out that the MR and Long Range F Class Nationals are at Raglan 14-19 July. A date that fitted in would be good.

Barry

RDavies

#17 Postby RDavies » Sat Aug 31, 2019 7:45 am

bsouthernau wrote:
ShaneG wrote:

Well Shane, if the date is still to be decided may I point out that the MR and Long Range F Class Nationals are at Raglan 14-19 July. A date that fitted in would be good.

Barry

It looks like a road trip to Cairns, dropping in to Raglan is on the cards next year.

ShaneG

#18 Postby ShaneG » Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:39 am

How about Sat 11th nad Sunday 12th July?
That would give a full day Monday 13th to travel to Raglan?

Unfortunately the shotgun club has the Atherton range every 4th Sunday of each month thus 25th and 26th July 2020 not available?
I was discussing this event with Richard B at Atherton last Saturday re dates we need to set wihin the next couple of weeks

Just Googled the trip and really too big a day Atherton to Raglan - 1130km.
However we were finished by about 1pm on the Sunday so possible to make Townsville on the Sunday arvo?

bsouthernau

#19 Postby bsouthernau » Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:13 pm

ShaneG wrote:How about Sat 11th nad Sunday 12th July?
That would give a full day Monday 13th to travel to Raglan?

Unfortunately the shotgun club has the Atherton range every 4th Sunday of each month thus 25th and 26th July 2020 not available?
I was discussing this event with Richard B at Atherton last Saturday re dates we need to set wihin the next couple of weeks

Just Googled the trip and really too big a day Atherton to Raglan - 1130km.
However we were finished by about 1pm on the Sunday so possible to make Townsville on the Sunday arvo?

As we've seen in another thread and Coona vs NSW Queens, you can't schedule everything to suit everyone. 25/26 Jul would have been perfect but what you propose sounds workable.

Just speaking for myself, if Eileen and I can hit the road by 2pm that makes for an overnight stop near Ayr and an achievable run into Raglan on the 13th. The programme there has a one-day, stand-alone Qld Championship on the 14th with the main game not starting until the 15th. If you decide on 11/12 I'll do my level best to attend.

Barry

Keels

#20 Postby Keels » Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:30 pm

RDavies wrote:
bsouthernau wrote:
ShaneG wrote:

Barry

It looks like a road trip to Cairns, dropping in to Raglan is on the cards next year.

I'll get the camera warmed up

ShaneG

#21 Postby ShaneG » Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:08 am

Unfortunately last week I was advised that our Cairns Rifle Club OPM has already set the 11th and 12th July dates

Return to “Events”