promoting the nraa image

For general announcements, and anything which does not fit into one of the categories below.

Moderator: Mod

bruce moulds

promoting the nraa image

#1 Postby bruce moulds » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:40 am

short of changing the nraa name, it being a negative for new mwmbers, what can we do?
a series of ongoing positive things associated with nraa would help.
one suggestion is that the nraa set up a blood donor system with associate promotionin order to capitalize on it.
should this happen it would not be the first group to do so.
not only would it make the nraa seem positive, responsible, and community minded, but also get the name out there.
there might also be other things of this nature.
keep safe,
bruce.
"SUCH IS LIFE" Edward Kelly 11 nov 1880
http://youtu.be/YRaRCCZjdTM

RDavies

Re: promoting the nraa image

#2 Postby RDavies » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:53 am

I think the group blood donation at some shooting events would be great. It is not as if we will be exerting ourselves too strenuously after a days competition and it could be a good way to get our names and pictures out there in public.

scott/r

#3 Postby scott/r » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:30 am

I'm all for the blood donation idea. But can I suggest the donation after shooting. Especially for t/r shooters. Last time I gave vlood in the morning and shot after it didn't go well. Granted it was pretty warm weather, but I won't be doing it again.

bruce moulds

#4 Postby bruce moulds » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:08 pm

i was thinking more of givimg blood at the blood bank.
it would be done under a formal heading something like "nraa life saving blood" agreed to by nraa and the blood people.
the nraa would encourage its members to give blood, and receive something like a plaque of gratitude each year.
blood people would get more blood, and the plaque presentation would be done with a media release.
this would promote blood giving in general and put nraa in a good perspective with the public.
also, anyone who's child, spouse etc was helped by platelets or blood of any kind would look better on us.
imagine someone refusing blood because it came fro shooters! a captive audience.
done well this coud serve us well.
oh but i forgot, the nraa would actually have to do something (think) and so would members have to act.
silly me.
forget i even suggested this.
keep safe,
bruce.

mike H

#5 Postby mike H » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:10 pm

bruce moulds wrote:i was thinking more of givimg blood at the blood bank.
it would be done under a formal heading something like "nraa life saving blood" agreed to by nraa and the blood people.
the nraa would encourage its members to give blood, and receive something like a plaque of gratitude each year.
blood people would get more blood, and the plaque presentation would be done with a media release.
this would promote blood giving in general and put nraa in a good perspective with the public.
also, anyone who's child, spouse etc was helped by platelets or blood of any kind would look better on us.
imagine someone refusing blood because it came fro shooters! a captive audience.
done well this coud serve us well.
oh but i forgot, the nraa would actually have to do something (think) and so would members have to act.
silly me.

forget i even suggested this.
keep safe,
bruce.

Now we are getting somewhere,I give blood and it isn’t a casual feel good moment,what the Blood Bank wants and needs are regular contributions of whole blood and these days plasma.I would suggest those that are not regular donors,contact the Blood Bank and see if they can help.The SSAA has a plan,perhaps if a State Rifle Association or the NRAA approached the Blood Bank for a similar idea it would be welcomed.In Wagga Wagga where I live the schools have competitions,all friendly,just to get more donations.
Good idea Bruce.

mike H

#6 Postby mike H » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:21 pm

The above looks a bit odd,seems to be a mix of Bruce’s post and some of mine.I am not even going to try and correct it.Work it out yourselves.
Mike.

bruce moulds

#7 Postby bruce moulds » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:55 am

mike,
you are typical of the civic minded people who give blood just because it is a good thing to do, and do it no questions asked.
how many like you aleady exist in our circles?
if this was set up the assn would get instant benefit and recognition.
if we add more donors, it is win win.
it could seem a little cynical trying to gain from something like this, but it is how the world works now.
if the nraa had hats, donors could get a free one, and we moght be able to do something with one of the cancer groups as well if the hats suited.
and every time they sold a hat they would derive income, and the writing on the hat would be also promoting the sport when dad takes the daughter to netball.
this sort of thing offers great opportunities for furthering our image.
who knows, if we did it right we might be perceived as cool, the best marketing strategy ever.
keep safe,
bruce.

Tim L

#8 Postby Tim L » Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:30 pm

Might be a good way to build a bridge with the AMA. Not to friendly on the gun scene that lot.
I'd love to give blood but apparently i have foot and mouth, antrax and gulf war syndrome so no one wants it :(

Pommy Chris

#9 Postby Pommy Chris » Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:17 pm

Tim L wrote:Might be a good way to build a bridge with the AMA. Not to friendly on the gun scene that lot.
I'd love to give blood but apparently i have foot and mouth, antrax and gulf war syndrome so no one wants it :(

I thought all us Poms just had mad cow disease? :D
Chris

AndrewP

#10 Postby AndrewP » Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:02 pm

Orgainisations can register for the Australian Red Cross Blood Service "Red25" program. If the NRAA did, each time an individual member gave blood it would count to-wards the NRAA total provided they nominated the NRAA.
SSAA are in the RED25 program. At last count they were 85th for total donations.
An ideal way to kick it off would be to invite a mobile blood donor van to a Queens. Perhaps that could become a regular thing for each state.

Cutanything

#11 Postby Cutanything » Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:02 pm

Ssaa new promotion
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

bruce moulds

#12 Postby bruce moulds » Sat Jun 16, 2018 1:26 pm

an interesting thought came to me.
if we relate the current membership situation to blood loss, how ironic is it that donating blood might help arrest this.
the platelets in blood are what stops bleeding.
perhaps the nraa board could do with some.
keep safe,
bruce.

DannyS

#13 Postby DannyS » Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:29 am

Bruce, until the NRAA changes it’s attitude and promotes all classes as equal, then I don’t think anything is going to change.

Cheers
Danny

DannyS

#14 Postby DannyS » Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:50 pm

ATR 135 out now. Front page says it all, even the adds

bruce moulds

#15 Postby bruce moulds » Sat Jun 30, 2018 6:37 pm

danny,
what are you trying to say? :?
just come out with it. :roll: