target cams

For general announcements, and anything which does not fit into one of the categories below.

Moderator: Mod

lewis reynolds

target cams

#1 Postby lewis reynolds » Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:45 am

Dose anyone own a target camera am looking at purchasing one and wondering what peoples opinions are of the different brands. static camera VS the ones that flash the last shot?

Brad Y

#2 Postby Brad Y » Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:27 am

Lewis our club bought a bullseye target camera system because our service rifle shooters complained about us spending club money on et's. One person used it a couple I times then realised it wasn't worth the effort to set up. It sits in a box at the club house. If you had a 300m private range I can see where it could be useful so you don't have to drive back and forth.

Norm

#3 Postby Norm » Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:57 am

Download. "Baby Monitor" for your phone and get your shooting mate to do the same.

This app is not just handy for checking in on crying babies while you are out on the piss with your mates. Its also good for using as a target cam.

Set one phone up at the target where it won't get hit looking at the target.
Then fire away at the target.
The images will be sent to the second phone once you set up the App to communicate between the two phones.
There are a couple of ways that this can be done so have a look at the instructions with the app.

One way is with sound initiation where the sound of the bullet hitting the target sends a still image to the second phone. The other is by simply dialling in with the second phone to view the image in live time video.

lewis reynolds

#4 Postby lewis reynolds » Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:42 pm

Thanks for the info yer i have a private range 500m. was looking at the bulls eye system or the target cam one blinks that last shot fire the other is just a static camera. The baby monitor is a great idea i have 2 iPhone laying around will looking into that one aswell. thanks

ShaneG

#5 Postby ShaneG » Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:36 pm

Lewis
Read the reviews on the Bullseye system on Brownells or Sinclairs.
Pretty useless due to poor resolution and other issues.

bobeager

#6 Postby bobeager » Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:50 pm

Lewis, I believe that Peter Van Mures from Procal (this sites sponsor) has built one himself for use in training for the 500 metre Fly Shoot. Worth a call!

Malcolm Hill

#7 Postby Malcolm Hill » Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:27 pm

Lewis
Go onto the riflesa website and check the specials. They have a system for sale and reports from those that have them have been ok. The SARA shop is closed this week between Easter and Anzac weekends I think but is open every other week Tuesday to Friday.
Regards Malcolm.

jacksaligari

#8 Postby jacksaligari » Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:46 pm

I put a post on accurate shooter about bullseye target cams and they were happy with them($560us) from brownwells $300 cheaper than Sara

Brad Y

#9 Postby Brad Y » Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:00 pm

The main thing is bullseye cam doenst work with a black target. And sometimes a non black target is hard to aim at. The only thing you could do to check grouping is aim at a black mark, but set scope to hit in a different spot. I still dont think its worth the money we paid for it, but it kept some people happy.

Return to “General Forum”